PDA

View Full Version : Assuming Dak plays most of game, MSU 42, aTm 38

blacklistedbully
11-06-2013, 03:40 PM
Yep, you heard it here first. Every SEC team they've played except Vandy scored well above their average in other D1 games. We'll score even more above our average, as we've scored far less than we should have, and will finally put it all together.

We could easily have scored over 30 versus SCar without the t/o's. aTm defense is much, much worse than SCar. Our defense has been erratic, but often very good. We are getting healthier, Love in particular. We will finally execute more consistently and clean up the sloppy tackling.

JFF will move the ball, no doubt, but we'll also manage to pressure him into some poor throws and get t/o's. Will go back & forth, but will turn in our favor on a JFF INT. Mullen will this time keep his foot on the gas, and not go into Stansbury Stall.

ShotgunDawg
11-06-2013, 03:47 PM
I think Dak plays most of the game, but, again, I'm not convinced we could score 42 against air right now. Not because we don't have the scheme or players to do it, but because we would have 4 false starts, 3 fumbles, 4 illegal formation penalties, and trip over our own feet just enough to only score 37 against air.

I say these things in jest, but until I see this team execute well enough to score against air, I refuse to get my hopes up.

But yes, talent wise and scheme wise, if every thing came together, if the refs weren't watching the game, and if it was only the first half for 60 minutes of game time, we could score 42.

cubswillwinitonedaydawg
11-06-2013, 03:48 PM
You just got through playing it out on X-box? I do hope you're right, but I'll assume it will be about like last year until I see different on Saturday.

HancockCountyDog
11-06-2013, 03:49 PM
Yep, you heard it here first. Every SEC team they've played except Vandy scored well above their average in other D1 games. We'll score even more above our average, as we've scored far less than we should have, and will finally put it all together.

We could easily have scored over 30 versus SCar without the t/o's. aTm defense is much, much worse than SCar. Our defense has been erratic, but often very good. We are getting healthier, Love in particular. We will finally execute more consistently and clean up the sloppy tackling.

JFF will move the ball, no doubt, but we'll also manage to pressure him into some poor throws and get t/o's. Will go back & forth, but will turn in our favor on a JFF INT. Mullen will this time keep his foot on the gas, and not go into Stansbury Stall.

With the way we run the ball - there is no reason we should be able to grind out this game. I love the attitude.

I hope the team has the same thought - we can win this game.

ShotgunDawg
11-06-2013, 03:51 PM
I actually hold some hope that our defense will compete well on Saturday. If they get a few 3 and outs like they did against USC, then we could control A&M's offense to 37-40 points.

But again, unless we execute and cut out the BS on offense that holds us back, we will be frustrated yet again.

This is that game that MSU fans experience every year. We hold A&M to a season low in yards and points, but fail to execute in any other portion of the game and lose by 10 points.

Gosh I hope I'm wrong.

ShotgunDawg
11-06-2013, 03:52 PM
With the way we run the ball - there is no reason we should be able to grind out this game. I love the attitude.

I hope the team has the same thought - we can win this game.

Totally agree, I am just pointing out what we must overcome in order to do this. The enemy isn't A&M, it's us.

blacklistedbully
11-06-2013, 03:57 PM
I also think Mullen is going to put in his best coaching job thus far. He's been looking at the game film, and realizes we can relentlessly pound the ball on the ground, and open up some HUGE passing plays. We will be far more run-oriented this week than we were last. I expect we'll see more of JRob than we have all season. Will also see more Shump & Griffin. Perk will have gotten tons of reps catching quick passes to the flat and will not drop them this time. Our TE's and WR's are going to have worked their asses off on blocking for bubble screens, so will finally be effective. Jameon & Dak will get their 3rd passing & receiving TD respectively.

CadaverDawg
11-06-2013, 04:00 PM
See, this is one example of me knowing a thread I should not jump in to.

+1 for optimism. I hope you're right, brother.

ShotgunDawg
11-06-2013, 04:01 PM
You almost wonder how good we would be if we had Chris Relf at QB this season.

I don't think there is any debate that Dak is better than Relf in almost every conceivable way, but, due to Daks ability to throw, Mullen has this toy at his disposal that we would be better off if he didn't use.

With Relf - Mullen knows we have to be a physical ground and pound team, thus we create an identity and do just that.

With Dak - Mullen has to many plays at his disposal. Therefore we develop no offensive identity.

BHildreth3
11-06-2013, 04:03 PM
Dude, we will not score 42 points this week - honestly -i don't see how we can score 42 points in a game the rest of the way.

MarketingBully01
11-06-2013, 04:06 PM
If all we do is run it, we could get close to that number. Long sustained drives that keeps Johnny off the field is the key in my opinion. Dak needs to have the game of his life though.

MarketingBully01
11-06-2013, 04:07 PM
We will at least score 42 against Arkansas. They are terrible.

ThisIsAUserName
11-06-2013, 04:11 PM
Good lord blacklist you really are that stupid. What happened to 6 of the last 7? If I didn't have a life I would go back and check all of your predictions. I'm just gonna guess it's really bad.

CadaverDawg
11-06-2013, 04:13 PM
We will at least score 42 against Arkansas. They are terrible.

Why do you think we score at least 42 against Arkansas? They aren't any worse than UK or Bowling Green, and we only scored in the 20's against those teams. I'm not arguing with you, I'm just curious as to your reasoning. I'll hang up and listen.

bluelightstar
11-06-2013, 04:13 PM
We'll probably be closer to a 42-point loss than to scoring 42 points

MarketingBully01
11-06-2013, 04:20 PM
We also played like crap against UK and Bowling Green. We put 62 up on Troy. We have the ability. Auburn didn't play well against Arkansas and still put up 35. Alabama and South Carolina put up 50+ each. I think we can put up at least 42. We are due.

C222
11-06-2013, 04:21 PM
Not this again. There was the same exact thread before the SC game. A&M will beat us by 21 or more. It's going to get ugly.

CadaverDawg
11-06-2013, 04:21 PM
We also played like crap against UK and Bowling Green. We put 62 up on Troy. We have the ability. Auburn didn't play well against Arkansas and still put up 35. Alabama and South Carolina put up 50+ each. I think we can put up at least 42. We are due.

So it's just a shot in the dark. Ok, just checking.

TopDog58
11-06-2013, 04:45 PM

Our defense hasn't pressured ANY QB into poor throws and turnovers at all this season. Why all of a sudden do you think we could do it on the road against the Heisman winner who can improvise better than any player in college football? I was there last year, at field level. We couldn't have sacked Manziel if he had two flags hanging off his hip pads and were playing flag football. Our d-line and linebackers were gassed in the 2nd quarter.

Otherwise, good luck with your prediction.

EngineerDawg
11-06-2013, 05:00 PM
Recipe to win Saturday:
1. JFF sucks
2 we RTGDF

I see aTm as a bend but don't break D... they know teams have to score to keep up. so... if we somewhat stifle JFF and RTGDF I think we have a shot. I said a few days prior

#dakAttack mid 30s
#JFF >=49

#the17show <=24
#JFF >=49

quickstrike2
11-06-2013, 05:11 PM
I hope you are right. I definitely have the gut feeling that A&M is gonna hang one on us.

Dawgowar
11-06-2013, 06:55 PM

Their ends will be RS Frosh or true Frosh according to my A&M buddies. They, not me, keep saying we can hang 400 yards on them. I am less concerned about play calling and more concerned about Dak not throwing the ball in the damn grasp of a defender anymore. No coach he has ever had would advise that, all the way back to Pee Wee.

I can't abandon all hope and I am in the 'let the season play out crowd' but shit, we are due for something good on the road.

Radddawg
11-06-2013, 06:57 PM
dp

Radddawg
11-06-2013, 06:59 PM
We could easily have scored over 30 versus SCar without the TOs

But those turnovers did happen, and we didnt... We'd score every drive this season if not for fumbles, INTs, penalties, incompletions and dropped balls too !!!

:rolleyes:

drunkernhelldawg
11-06-2013, 07:01 PM
My opinion is that not playing Dak gives us the best chance to win the game. In what game has Dak put more points on the board than TR would have? I'm sure it's happened, but I can't recall it.

TopDog58
11-06-2013, 07:32 PM
Their ends will be RS Frosh or true Frosh according to my A&M buddies. They, not me, keep saying we can hang 400 yards on them. I am less concerned about play calling and more concerned about Dak not throwing the ball in the damn grasp of a defender anymore. No coach he has ever had would advise that, all the way back to Pee Wee.

I can't abandon all hope and I am in the 'let the season play out crowd' but shit, we are due for something good on the road.

I don't find hanging 400 on them unreasonable. 400 is pretty much what 300 was a decade ago. The problem is that they will hang 600+ on us. Hell, they had that at halftime last year.

Madisonmd
11-06-2013, 07:36 PM
Will this be JF's last home game? If so, we may be in trouble. Last year we could not have gotten him down if we were playing 2-hand touch!

Dawgface
11-06-2013, 07:43 PM
That's a nice dream, but it will more than likely be like last year. 42-17 A&M.

blacklistedbully
11-06-2013, 08:22 PM
Good lord blacklist you really are that stupid. What happened to 6 of the last 7? If I didn't have a life I would go back and check all of your predictions. I'm just gonna guess it's really bad.

Hey asswipe. Nice to see you once again making an unprovoked personal insult as your post. You're so ****ing stupid that you don't realize it's a sign of your lack of intelligence & self-confidence. You see, you try to hide behind a sort of false bravado. You think it makes you sound tough to insult people without cause. One can't help but wonder if you're also compensating for a small dick. My guess is, yes.

You see, people with at least half-a-brain don't typically resort to your juvenile, pea-brained approach unless retaliating, as I am doing now. You & DumbassDawg61 have quite literally got to be among the lowest IQ posters on this board. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if you're actually the same person, as this level of stupidity is a little unusual on this board.

Losers like you almost always never seem capable of constructing a reasoned argument or counter-point. That's why you resort to the insults right out the chute. It really boils down to you realizing you'd be exposed as the ignoramus you are, and would rather be thought of as an asshole instead. Either way, you're an incompetent fool.

Oh, and further proof of your ignorance is your not comprehending 6 of 7 is still mathematically possible. The SCar game is the only loss we have suffered since my prediction. Even funnier is that you didn't grasp that I was mostly posting "tongue-in-cheek" in that thread, though I admittedly think it is more possible than many on this board. Now I don't expect an idiot to know what, "tongue-in-cheek" means, so why don't you try googling it. You can manage that, can't you?

starkvegasdawg
11-06-2013, 08:25 PM
I also think Mullen is going to put in his best coaching job thus far. He's been looking at the game film, and realizes we can relentlessly pound the ball on the ground, and open up some HUGE passing plays. We will be far more run-oriented this week than we were last. I expect we'll see more of JRob than we have all season. Will also see more Shump & Griffin. Perk will have gotten tons of reps catching quick passes to the flat and will not drop them this time. Our TE's and WR's are going to have worked their asses off on blocking for bubble screens, so will finally be effective. Jameon & Dak will get their 3rd passing & receiving TD respectively.

And what, historically, are you basing this on?

blacklistedbully
11-06-2013, 08:34 PM
But those turnovers did happen, and we didnt... We'd score every drive this season if not for fumbles, INTs, penalties, incompletions and dropped balls too !!!

:rolleyes:

While that is true, t/o's are not somethign we have done much prior to the SCar game. What we showed was that we are capable of moving the ball well against a highly ranked team, and one with a well-respected defense. It only makes sense to consider the 5 t/o's an anomaly, and the increased offensive production an actual improvement.

HunterDawg
11-06-2013, 08:36 PM
Hey asswipe. Nice to see you once again making an unprovoked personal insult as your post. You're so ****ing stupid that you don't realize it's a sign of your lack of intelligence & self-confidence. You see, you try to hide behind a sort of false bravado. You think it makes you sound tough to insult people without cause. One can't help but wonder if you're also compensating for a small dick. My guess is, yes.

You see, people with at least half-a-brain don't typically resort to your juvenile, pea-brained approach unless retaliating, as I am doing now. You & DumbassDawg61 have quite literally got to be among the lowest IQ posters on this board. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if you're actually the same person, as this level of stupidity is a little unusual on this board.

Losers like you almost always never seem capable of constructing a reasoned argument or counter-point. That's why you resort to the insults right out the chute. It really boils down to you realizing you'd be exposed as the ignoramus you are, and would rather be thought of as an asshole instead. Either way, you're an incompetent fool.

Oh, and further proof of your ignorance is your not comprehending 6 of 7 is still mathematically possible. The SCar game is the only loss we have suffered since my prediction. Even funnier is that you didn't grasp that I was mostly posting "tongue-in-cheek" in that thread, though I admittedly think it is more possible than many on this board. Now I don't expect an idiot to know what, "tongue-in-cheek" means, so why don't you try googling it. You can manage that, can't you?

I know I am new here, but maybe I could offer a little advice. Two words:

PRO ZAC.

blacklistedbully
11-06-2013, 08:41 PM
And what, historically, are you basing this on?

We have played better this year against the tougher part of our schedule than we did last year. The play-calling still sucked balls early, and though it was far from great versus SCar, it did look better to me than previous games this year. I am encouraged by the fact that we outplayed SCar and quite likely would have won, even with 2 or 3 t/o's. I don't expect us to fumble and/or INT the game away versus aTm.

I think Dan will look at aTm and realize teams have had great success running against them. Couple that with the INT disaster of last week, and I just have to believe Dan has learned a lesson this week. JRob saw increased playing time. I choose to view that as a decision by the coaching staff to do that, so expect it to continue. I saw us attempting to get Perkins free in space. I believe we will continue to do that.

blacklistedbully
11-06-2013, 08:43 PM
I know I am new here, but maybe I could offer a little advice. Two words:

PRO ZAC.

Nah, I'm perfectly reasonable with anybody and everybody who is reasonable with me. It takes far more than a differing opinion to get that kind of reaction from me, This turd has been stalking threads I post in. Sometimes you have to speak in a language they understand.

blacklistedbully
11-06-2013, 08:51 PM
Our defense hasn't pressured ANY QB into poor throws and turnovers at all this season. Why all of a sudden do you think we could do it on the road against the Heisman winner who can improvise better than any player in college football? I was there last year, at field level. We couldn't have sacked Manziel if he had two flags hanging off his hip pads and were playing flag football. Our d-line and linebackers were gassed in the 2nd quarter.

Otherwise, good luck with your prediction.

Actually, though we didn't produce sacks, we did get pressure on Mettenberger, he just played lights out in spite of it. We also got some pressure on Shaw. He did not have a good game.

Dawg61
11-06-2013, 09:55 PM

"Tongue-in-cheek" and tongue-my-balls. It's common board etiquette to not continually bump your own MONTH OLD thread. I would think you'd know this but then again since you have other posters making separate accounts just to call you a ****ing moron I guess you don't. Carry on with your trolling predictions and tongue-my-balls. Bitch

blacklistedbully
11-07-2013, 12:20 PM
Video of DumbassDawg61 pleading with JFF

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgU0YytQVbs

quickstrike2
11-07-2013, 12:32 PM
If its still a game and the end of the first quarter, ill be surprised. Hope yall are right though.

blacklistedbully
11-07-2013, 12:40 PM
Oh yeah, DumbassDawg61, I forgot to educate you on what a "bump" actually is. Here's a definition for you:

Bump or “bumping” refers to the practice of posting a blank response to a discussion thread for the sole purpose of raising its profile. The action command “bump” is most commonly used on discussion forums and imageboards with a large volume of active threads, which results in re-summoning the targeted thread to the top of the forum or index page.

You see, my thread was never "bumped", not once. Every single post by me was an added thought. The fact that there were nearly 3000 views of it also makes you look even more like a complete ass.

We can definitely say the thread was "trolled" by you. Now that is improper MB etiquette. Wouldn't expect you to know that, though. Perhaps if you spent less time on your knees for JFF and more in a dictionary?

hometowndawg
11-07-2013, 02:06 PM
Gene's Page post

SignalToNoise
11-07-2013, 02:16 PM
I admire your optimism, and I'm being serious.

Having said that, I hope you don't bet the ranch on that happening.

blacklistedbully
11-07-2013, 03:02 PM
Gene's Page post

Why? Because you expect aTm's defense to magically get good against the run, or anything for that matter?

Too many of you are unable to see past their offense and/or JFF. If you actually look at their defense, you'll see they are vulnerable. No matter how effective their offense is, they will still also have to stop us defensively to beat us.

It has nothing to do with being a sunshine-pumper. It has everything to do with thinking it's highly possible our defense will come up with one more stop than will theirs. I believe they have a much better offense. I also believe we have a better defense, and an offense that is improving with each week Dak plays, sans his one bad game last week.

HancockCountyDog
11-07-2013, 03:35 PM
Why? Because you expect aTm's defense to magically get good against the run, or anything for that matter?

Too many of you are unable to see past their offense and/or JFF. If you actually look at their defense, you'll see they are vulnerable. No matter how effective their offense is, they will still also have to stop us defensively to beat us.

It has nothing to do with being a sunshine-pumper. It has everything to do with thinking it's highly possible our defense will come up with one more stop than will theirs. I believe they have a much better offense. I also believe we have a better defense, and an offense that is improving with each week Dak plays, sans his one bad game last week.

If Dan just sells out and runs the ball we will be in this game. If we don't, then its really Dan's fault.

SignalToNoise
11-07-2013, 03:38 PM

For me, it has nothing to do with their defense being bad. Yes, their defense is putrid, but we manage to kill ourselves. I've posted my long list of stupid stuff we do to hurt ourselves in other threads. I won't beat a dead horse here.

No matter how bad the Texas A&M defense is our offense will stall out at some point, and it when it does this game will get ugly.