PDA

View Full Version : KJ Costello: "The switch flipped for me and the team."

TrapGame
09-23-2020, 09:15 AM
Anyone catch KJ's press conference? Good stuff. Evidently the light bulb came on the last practice for the offense. They are on the same page and into the new system 100%.

FISHDAWG
09-23-2020, 09:17 AM
Anyone catch KJ's press conference? Good stuff. Evidently the light bulb came on the last practice for the offense. They are on the same page and into the new system 100%.

He also tweeted that this is the best conditioned team he has ever been on ... or either someone tweeted his quote

https://twitter.com/tbhorka/status/1308577218453557248

BeardoMSU
09-23-2020, 09:23 AM
He also tweeted that this is the best conditioned team he has ever been on ... or either someone tweeted his quote

That's exciting.

Commercecomet24
09-23-2020, 09:32 AM

Heck just that will be a huge improvement over the last 2 years.

MaroonFlounder
09-23-2020, 09:35 AM
Gonna move the ball and score some points for sure. Can the D get some stops?

If I were Leach, I would rely heavily on Kylin. Run 4 verts or deep routes and wear LSU out with underneath stuff to Kylin for starters...until the QB/WR timing (from a live game standpoint) is truly there.

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-23-2020, 09:41 AM
Gonna move the ball and score some points for sure. Can the D get some stops?

If I were Leach, I would rely heavily on Kylin. Run 4 verts or deep routes and wear LSU out with underneath stuff to Kylin for starters...until the QB/WR timing (from a live game standpoint) is truly there.

Who's to say it isn't there already? Weve been repping more passes than anyone, across fewer varieties of plays than anyone, in a system thats easier to grasp mentall than almost any, coached by a coach who definitely knows what hes doing.

If any QB and WR group will be clicking game 1, its likely ours

Johnson85
09-23-2020, 10:25 AM
Who's to say it isn't there already? Weve been repping more passes than anyone, across fewer varieties of plays than anyone, in a system thats easier to grasp mentall than almost any, coached by a coach who definitely knows what hes doing.

The enemy gets a vote.

I'm sure Costello knows what a good practice looks like right now, but we haven't done this at game speed and even if scrimmages were the same as game speed, our D isn't talented enough to give us a real taste of what we're about to see.

I'm optimistic about our offense, as we should be really good everywhere but WR and hopefully our WRs will look a lot better after going from an offense that makes them worse to an offense that makes them better. But I'm still expecting sloppy play with some plays/drives sprinkled in that show the potential of our offense more so than I'm expecting us to come out looking good with some intermittent early season stumbles.

MaroonFlounder
09-23-2020, 10:36 AM

Stingly and Stevens in LSU's defensive backfield will have a huge say in whatever you think KJ and the guys have got going on.

TrapGame
09-23-2020, 10:45 AM
Stingly and Stevens in LSU's defensive backfield will have a huge say in whatever you think KJ and the guys have got going on.

LSU's defense has been practicing against Brennan who couldn't hit the broadside of a barn when I saw him play those few times last year.

Coach O was raving about his defense a couple of weeks ago. Just as good, if not better than last years defense was his take. They're not going up against a QB of KJ's caliber in practice.

Cowbell
09-23-2020, 10:52 AM
Heck just that will be a huge improvement over the last 2 years.

Yes after the worst conditioned I have ever seen

Commercecomet24
09-23-2020, 11:19 AM
Yes after the worst conditioned I have ever seen

Yeah it was pretty sad man.

MedDawg
09-23-2020, 11:46 AM

True, but on any given play we will have 5 players to catch balls.

StarkVegasSteve
09-23-2020, 11:47 AM
LSU's defense has been practicing against Brennan who couldn't hit the broadside of a barn when I saw him play those few times last year.

Coach O was raving about his defense a couple of weeks ago. Just as good, if not better than last years defense was his take. They're not going up against a QB of KJ's caliber in practice.

Their secondary has been up against some pretty good QBs. Trevor Lawrence ain't a scrub. Costello is going to complete some passes, but we don't need to get discouraged if he doesn't have a great game. This is the best secondary we'll face all year. It's no coincidence LSU is DBU. They keep rolling out 2-3 first round picks every couple of years.

TrapGame
09-23-2020, 12:00 PM
Their secondary has been up against some pretty good QBs. Trevor Lawrence ain't a scrub. Costello is going to complete some passes, but we don't need to get discouraged if he doesn't have a great game. This is the best secondary we'll face all year. It's no coincidence LSU is DBU. They keep rolling out 2-3 first round picks every couple of years.

New year, new DC. How many starters are back in their secondary? In practice they are going up against a subpar QB. Saturday afternoon just may be a rude awakening for them realizing it.

ZedFedder
09-23-2020, 12:02 PM
Jacoby Stevens isn't a great cover safety. Big, physical guy that is a great player, but he isn't a cover guy.

MaroonFlounder
09-23-2020, 12:11 PM
Jacoby Stevens isn't a great cover safety. Big, physical guy that is a great player, but he isn't a cover guy.

Stevens had an INT against us last year.

HailStateSZN19
09-23-2020, 12:15 PM
Stevens had an INT against us last year.

He had an INT against one of the worst offenses we’ve had in years, not to mention against a true freshman QB.

Is that supposed to mean he’s a good cover Safety? Lol

StarkVegasSteve
09-23-2020, 12:19 PM
New year, new DC. How many starters are back in their secondary? In practice they are going up against a subpar QB. Saturday afternoon just may be a rude awakening for them realizing it.

Well one side of the field is taken away already because make no mistake you're not going to rudely awaken Derek Stingley. HE IS the best CB in college football. He would've been a top 5 pick last year. We're going to have success, but I don't think this game needs to be the measuring stick for this offense. We need to be able to throw short and exploit their LBers in zone for success. They'll be man on the corners with help over the top.

Lord McBuckethead
09-23-2020, 12:37 PM
Well one side of the field is taken away already because make no mistake you're not going to rudely awaken Derek Stingley. HE IS the best CB in college football. He would've been a top 5 pick last year. We're going to have success, but I don't think this game needs to be the measuring stick for this offense. We need to be able to throw short and exploit their LBers in zone for success. They'll be man on the corners with help over the top.

If that is true, I look for Kylin to have 200 yards on dump offs. Seriously 200 yards.

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-23-2020, 12:41 PM
The thing about a great corner is they still can only make the game 10 on 10. A great DT can eat up a double team and/or completely alter the playbook. CBs can only eliminate 1 WR.

Can our OL block their DL? Can Costello make reads at game speed and be accurate? Can Hill do anything against whatever LB is on him? Can WRs 2-4 get open vs no their safeties and no. 2 CB?

Thats what will decide our offense. Not Stingley eliminating Heath/Shavers, which i expect him to do

MrCoachKlein
09-23-2020, 01:15 PM
The thing about a great corner is they still can only make the game 10 on 10. A great DT can eat up a double team and/or completely alter the playbook. CBs can only eliminate 1 WR.

Can our OL block their DL? Can Costello make reads at game speed and be accurate? Can Hill do anything against whatever LB is on him? Can WRs 2-4 get open vs no their safeties and no. 2 CB?

Thats what will decide our offense. Not Stingley eliminating Heath/Shavers, which i expect him to do

I think there's a lot more to it than that. If you have a true shutdown CB, he can cover half or a third of the field allowing safeties to slide over to the other side. It affects a lot more than just making it 10 on 10.

TrapGame
09-23-2020, 01:24 PM
If that is true, I look for Kylin to have 200 yards on dump offs. Seriously 200 yards.

This all day.

Really Clark?
09-23-2020, 01:24 PM
I think there's a lot more to it than that. If you have a true shutdown CB, he can cover half or a third of the field allowing safeties to slide over to the other side. It affects a lot more than just making it 10 on 10.

That really depends on what offense a team runs. He can?t shut down a third of the field with spread 4 WR sets and a back who will be running a ton of routes in this system. Even a great shut down corner can?t cut off that much of the field vs this type of system.

BB30
09-23-2020, 01:35 PM
I think we need to dial it down a bit. I agree that LSU shouldn't be the measuring stick of this team. It is a win win. If we do manage to come out and score points we can all be pleased. But, if we don't and the O struggles a bit it isn't the end of the world and we don't need to immediately go to "well this experiment isn't going to work.". Tempered reasonable expectations where we see significant improvement over last year should be the goal. Ill be more than pleased if we play tough and physical on Defense and limit the false starts and delay of games on offense. Fix those two things and I will be happy after week 1.

If we manage to pull an upset that will just be icing on the cake.

Jarius
09-23-2020, 01:37 PM
LSU was a fringe top 25 defense last year and lost 9 starters and a shit ton of key depth pieces to the draft or opt outs. They aren't going to be a great defense and have a ton of question marks. Our offensive line matches up extremely well against their front 7 and we will be able to move the ball consistently on them. The game will be decided by the LSU quarterback. If the guy who State and OM passed on and hasn't been any good for the first 4 years of his college career can just be average, LSU will win the game. We need him to stink it up.

StarkVegasSteve
09-23-2020, 01:40 PM
I think we need to dial it down a bit. I agree that LSU shouldn't be the measuring stick of this team. It is a win win. If we do manage to come out and score points we can all be pleased. But, if we don't and the O struggles a bit it isn't the end of the world and we don't need to immediately go to "well this experiment isn't going to work.". Tempered reasonable expectations where we see significant improvement over last year should be the goal. Ill be more than pleased if we play tough and physical on Defense and limit the false starts and delay of games on offense. Fix those two things and I will be happy after week 1.

If we manage to pull an upset that will just be icing on the cake.

THIS. If we pull the upset then that'll be great. But a loss, unless it's a blowout where we can't move the ball and we make Brennan look like Burrow 2.0, doesn't sink the season. I'm looking more towards week by week improvement and hoping we're full throttle by A&M. That's a toss up for us that we need to have.

TrapGame
09-23-2020, 01:53 PM
THIS. If we pull the upset then that'll be great. But a loss, unless it's a blowout where we can't move the ball and we make Brennan look like Burrow 2.0, doesn't sink the season. I'm looking more towards week by week improvement and hoping we're full throttle by A&M. That's a toss up for us that we need to have.

I don't think we beat LSU but it's going to be a close game. We are going to feel really good about what this team can accomplish as the season progresses while the Bayou folk have a meltdown b/c they didn't stomp a mud hole in our butts and dominate us for four quarters.

Johnson85
09-23-2020, 02:28 PM
LSU was a fringe top 25 defense last year and lost 9 starters and a shit ton of key depth pieces to the draft or opt outs. They aren't going to be a great defense and have a ton of question marks. Our offensive line matches up extremely well against their front 7 and we will be able to move the ball consistently on them. The game will be decided by the LSU quarterback. If the guy who State and OM passed on and hasn't been any good for the first 4 years of his college career can just be average, LSU will win the game. We need him to stink it up.

Was LSU really fringe top 25? Or were they a really good defense whose stats didn't look as good b/c their offense got off the filed quickly and they let up a lot in blowouts?

Honest question, I really didn't pay attention to their D last year.

Regardless, they've lost a lot. But at the same time, we still don't have anyone who is even shown to be an above average SEC WR. I'm not sure we have a WR who has shown he's even average. And we're running a passing offense.

I've glad we've got LEach and the air raid and am optimistic about what he'll be able to do, but we still have offensive personnel that are more suited to a run first offense.

SheltonChoked
09-23-2020, 02:31 PM
We will have 5 guys in the pattern. Stingley can only cover one guy.

If LSU is in man, leach will run mesh, stick, and 6 all day. That will have Hill man to man with a LB, I'll take that all day.

Jarius
09-23-2020, 03:43 PM
Was LSU really fringe top 25? Or were they a really good defense whose stats didn't look as good b/c their offense got off the filed quickly and they let up a lot in blowouts?

Honest question, I really didn't pay attention to their D last year.

Regardless, they've lost a lot. But at the same time, we still don't have anyone who is even shown to be an above average SEC WR. I'm not sure we have a WR who has shown he's even average. And we're running a passing offense.

I've glad we've got LEach and the air raid and am optimistic about what he'll be able to do, but we still have offensive personnel that are more suited to a run first offense.

They gave up a lot of points to a lot of bad teams. 37 to Ole Miss. 38 to Vandy. 41 to Alabama (who is great but still). 38 to Texas. 20 to Arkansas. 20 to Auburn.

They lost nearly everyone off a defense that gave that up on a consistent basis. They aren’t better and were not great last year. The defense got bailed out by the best offense college football has ever seen. They were not shutting these teams down in the first half and letting them explode in the second half outside of Ole Miss, who absolutely shredded them in the second half.

SmokeyDawg
09-23-2020, 03:45 PM
I imagine we'll dink and dunk a lot this game to get some confidence going. There's a lot of that in this offense. That's what I think KJ meant by "take what they give you and take it now" too. Someone will be open, it's getting the ball out and trying to get yac most of the time.

Percho
09-23-2020, 03:53 PM

I don't know why they just don't let him play by himself or pick two or three to help him and save the rest for a real opponent.

SheltonChoked
09-23-2020, 03:59 PM

IF they do that, we'll run shavers/heath/whoeverstingleyison deep every play. Then throw it to hill 1v1 with a LB underneath on that side that is "shut down" since the safties have shifted to the other side. Now we have our RB in the open field. I'll take that 15/10 times. Hill will have 300 yards.

Commercecomet24
09-23-2020, 04:32 PM
I know one thing. I watched Leach take a mediocre WSU team to Auburn a few years ago and with a mediocre at best qb give Auburn all they wanted. Might've beat auburn without all the ints. Leach knows how to pick apart even the best defenses. Now how many points our defense gives up is a different story. It could be a basketball score 😂

BeardoMSU
09-23-2020, 04:54 PM
I know one thing. I watched Leach take a mediocre WSU team to Auburn a few years ago and with a mediocre at best qb give Auburn all they wanted. Might've beat auburn without all the ints. Leach knows how to pick apart even the best defenses. Now how many points our defense gives up is a different story. It could be a basketball score ��

I think our offense will keep us in it. Might come down to which QB makes the most mistakes. I like our guy.

Ari Gold
09-23-2020, 05:03 PM
Again LSU is 3 years out from losing to us 37-7 and home loss to Troy.
They wanted O ass gone.
That team was arguably more talented than the team they have this year
They have lost their DC Aranda and QB coach ( basically their OC ) Brady
And lost over 3/4 of their starting line up on both defense and offense

The 2019 LSU team could be considered the best team this decade but
LSU isn’t Bama or Clemson.. they aren’t even close.. one year doesn’t make you a dynasty
Let’s see what happens.. give me that 17.5 all day and what the hell give me some of that ML

Yes our Def is. A HUGE question mark .. but they lost damn near their starting 11and prob a couple of 2 deeps on D as well

outside of WR ( maybe) They have Terrance Marshall retuning, we check every box on offense vs LSU
Qb check
Rb Check
OL check

Turfdawg67
09-23-2020, 05:19 PM
I think our offense will keep us in it. Might come down to which QB makes the most mistakes. I like our guy.

I like our guy and our chances too!

Johnson85
09-23-2020, 05:20 PM
They wanted O ass gone.

LSU isn’t Bama or Clemson.. they aren’t even close.. one year doesn’t make you a dynasty
Let’s see what happens.. give me that 17.5 all day and what the hell give me some of that ML

Yes our Def is. A HUGE question mark .. but they lost damn near their starting 11and prob a couple of 2 deeps on D as well

outside of WR ( maybe) They have Terrance Marshall retuning, we check every box on offense vs LSU
Qb check
Rb Check
OL check

I would feel a lot better about that if we had an offense that won't just jam it down people's throat. Again, I'm glad we have Leach and the air raid, but my understanding is that Leach won't just run it down people's throat and if the numbers dictate passing, he's going to pass.

Coach34
09-23-2020, 07:09 PM
The match-up is our O vs their D- we will score some points for sure.

Their O vs our D- their OL will handle our DL and they will rape our Secondary.

We may cover the 17 for sure because of all their new faces. But I'll be beyond shocked if we win this game

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-23-2020, 07:44 PM
They gave up a lot of points to a lot of bad teams. 37 to Ole Miss. 38 to Vandy. 41 to Alabama (who is great but still). 38 to Texas. 20 to Arkansas. 20 to Auburn.

They lost nearly everyone off a defense that gave that up on a consistent basis. They aren’t better and were not great last year. The defense got bailed out by the best offense college football has ever seen. They were not shutting these teams down in the first half and letting them explode in the second half outside of Ole Miss, who absolutely shredded them in the second half.

LSU got WAY better near the end of the season- they held A&M and UGA to 7 and 10 points, which is impressive given they were blowouts. Then they held offensive juggernauts OU and CLemson to 28 and 25, which is the lowest point total of the season for either team. Clemson scored 29 on OSU in the semis so LSU's end of year D is about comparable to OSU's.

They still weren't the best, but end of year LSU D was a top 5-10 D. Their season stats don't reflect that

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-23-2020, 07:56 PM
I would feel a lot better about that if we had an offense that won't just jam it down people's throat. Again, I'm glad we have Leach and the air raid, but my understanding is that Leach won't just run it down people's throat and if the numbers dictate passing, he's going to pass.

So... you want us to run even when we can't block everyone, instead of pass it vs 1 on 1s with no S help overtop?

Ramming it down people's throats is SUPER satisfying to watch when it works, but it simply doesn't work often. That's why Bama, Clemson, OSU, LSU etc got away from 7 men lines and fullbacks and now alternate run-pass based on which the D gives them

If we can't pass 4 wide with Costello vs 5 DBs, there's little odds we can run 5 OL and Hill vs 6 man boxes because if they're so talented they can lock us up 1 on 1 then they're almost certainly so talented up front we can't blow them off the ball either.

Jarius
09-23-2020, 09:06 PM

We may cover the 17 for sure because of all their new faces. But I'll be beyond shocked if we win this game

I expect us to bring a shit ton of pressure. We will certainly give up a lot of points doing that with a young secondary but hopefully we can get a few turnovers to keep us in the game. Survive early and if we hang around and prove to ourselves that we can score points on these cats it could get interesting late. Tall task for sure.

SmokeyDawg
09-23-2020, 09:20 PM
They wanted O ass gone.

Qb check
Rb Check
OL check

It's a push at rb but they're only as good as their OL. We need to bring everything we have at Brennan. He'll make mistakes

Cowbell
09-23-2020, 09:40 PM
It's a push at rb but they're only as good as their OL. We need to bring everything we have at Brennan. He'll make mistakes

How do you figure a push at RB?

SmokeyDawg
09-23-2020, 09:42 PM
I expect us to bring a shit ton of pressure. We will certainly give up a lot of points doing that with a young secondary but hopefully we can get a few turnovers to keep us in the game. Survive early and if we hang around and prove to ourselves that we can score points on these cats it could get interesting late. Tall task for sure.

I'm in this boat. We're giving up points but we put pressure on the qb and he will make mistakes. And there is no other option for them if Brennan gets flustered

Ari Gold
09-23-2020, 09:46 PM

It’s not a push at RB .. that’s ridiculous ..

SmokeyDawg
09-23-2020, 09:49 PM
How do you figure a push at RB?

They have talent and depth at rb. Some really good guys but like I said all of that really rests on their OL. Our run blitzes will get to them at times but they're bound to break one or more. We have talent with a little more experience with Kylin and a scheme to get our guys in space.

SmokeyDawg
09-23-2020, 09:56 PM
It?s not a push at RB .. that?s ridiculous ..

As a group I think it's pretty close. They won't use theirs like us though. I don't know what their OL will look like and I think that will dictate their production on the ground. Their rb group will have about the same production as ours imo. Can't deny they have talent and depth there though.

ETA: I would take our OL over theirs

Cowbell
09-24-2020, 04:50 AM
They have talent and depth at rb. Some really good guys but like I said all of that really rests on their OL. Our run blitzes will get to them at times but they're bound to break one or more. We have talent with a little more experience with Kylin and a scheme to get our guys in space.
We have the better backfield this year and the better line.

Johnson85
09-24-2020, 08:57 AM
So... you want us to run even when we can't block everyone, instead of pass it vs 1 on 1s with no S help overtop?

Ramming it down people's throats is SUPER satisfying to watch when it works, but it simply doesn't work often. That's why Bama, Clemson, OSU, LSU etc got away from 7 men lines and fullbacks and now alternate run-pass based on which the D gives them

If we can't pass 4 wide with Costello vs 5 DBs, there's little odds we can run 5 OL and Hill vs 6 man boxes because if they're so talented they can lock us up 1 on 1 then they're almost certainly so talented up front we can't blow them off the ball either.

We haven't been able to consistently win 1 on 1s without help since Bear left. We have been able to run on people despite them daring us to pass. We have been shut down by elite defenses, but we've still had success running against average defenses. I think LSU is going to be average, certainly to start the year, and I think we could destroy them with Shrader running Dan's offense and I'd feel a lot better about this game if that's what we were going to do, because that's a lot easier to do with average wide receivers than passing all over them.

Again, still glad we have Leach and think he's going to be successful, but right now our offense if above average everywhere but WR, where we hope we're going to be at least average, and a passing offense is not the way to take advantage of that.

Cowbell
09-24-2020, 09:02 AM
We haven't been able to consistently win 1 on 1s without help since Bear left. We have been able to run on people despite them daring us to pass. We have been shut down by elite defenses, but we've still had success running against average defenses. I think LSU is going to be average, certainly to start the year, and I think we could destroy them with Shrader running Dan's offense and I'd feel a lot better about this game if that's what we were going to do, because that's a lot easier to do with average wide receivers than passing all over them.

Again, still glad we have Leach and think he's going to be successful, but right now our offense if above average everywhere but WR, where we hope we're going to be at least average, and a passing offense is not the way to take advantage of that.

With Shrader passing and our inexperienced WR, they would man us up and stuff the box. We are going to have a balanced attack and we are going to get Kylin in space which is much more dangerous.

SheltonChoked
09-24-2020, 09:05 AM

You never watched a Mike Leach offense before.

dantheman4248
09-24-2020, 09:12 AM
Leach at WSU put one WR in the first 4 rounds of the draft. Talent at WR is not a need for his offense to click. This is his most talented group he's had to work with as a head coach outside of Crabtree group maybe. But this one has the most depth for sure. And it's only gonna go up being in the SEC.

Johnson85
09-24-2020, 09:21 AM
Leach at WSU put one WR in the first 4 rounds of the draft. Talent at WR is not a need for his offense to click. This is his most talented group he's had to work with as a head coach outside of Crabtree group maybe. But this one has the most depth for sure. And it's only gonna go up being in the SEC.

I think this will be his most athletic group (potentially ignoring Crabtree's group). I'm hoping our WR problem was coaching and scheme and that Leach has fixed it with just an abbreviated off season (or maybe it's not abbreviated at this point? NOt sure how much practice time we've gotten compared to having a spring and normal fall workouts). But I am trying to keep realistic expectations.

TrapGame
09-24-2020, 09:24 AM

Costello is way better than Shrader. Leach's offense can put a defense on its heels quick. Look at the recruiting averages for WSU and AU in 2013. Then watch that game.

This.

gravedigger
09-24-2020, 09:38 AM

https://twitter.com/tbhorka/status/1308577218453557248

This almost seems impossible given the idea we were horribly conditioned to begin with. Maybe that wasnt the problem with last years team.

dantheman4248
09-24-2020, 09:39 AM
I think this will be his most athletic group (potentially ignoring Crabtree's group). I'm hoping our WR problem was coaching and scheme and that Leach has fixed it with just an abbreviated off season (or maybe it's not abbreviated at this point? NOt sure how much practice time we've gotten compared to having a spring and normal fall workouts). But I am trying to keep realistic expectations.

F that. Kickoff is about 50 hours away. Full hype and unrealistic expectations are in full tilt. We're gonna win by double digits and score 50+. College football runs on hope. Dawgs by 90.

Jarius
09-24-2020, 09:42 AM

You are going to be extremely happy with our wide receiver play.

dantheman4248
09-24-2020, 09:42 AM
This almost seems impossible given the idea we were horribly conditioned to begin with. Maybe that wasnt the problem with last years team.

Couple things. He played at Stanford in the PAC. Conditioning (like weightlifting) is something you can ramp back up quickly (read this as a few months rather than taking years to build) when you had it before. A lot of these kids had it before. Country stamina beats west coast stamina.

BeardoMSU
09-24-2020, 09:45 AM
F that. Kickoff is about 50 hours away. Full hype and unrealistic expectations are in full tilt. We're gonna win by double digits and score 50+. College football runs on hope. Dawgs by 90.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZqaiZOYpTQ&ab_channel=DevinLiam

Johnson85
09-24-2020, 09:45 AM

Not really. At that age, you can get in elite shape in a few months. Especially starting from where they were. As bad as they looked compared to other SEC teams (and really compared to any college football team at any level that takes conditioning seriously), they weren't sitting at home all day eating cheesy puffs. They were in pretty good shape, just not DI football shape.

gravedigger
09-24-2020, 09:47 AM
Couple things. He played at Stanford in the PAC. Conditioning (like weightlifting) is something you can ramp back up quickly (read this as a few months rather than taking years to build) when you had it before. A lot of these kids had it before. Country stamina beats west coast stamina.

That is certainly plausible. I just hope KJ doesnt end up on his back too often. I remember the days of Kevin Fant running for his life in the early 2000's and our line not blocking a bad odor.

FISHDAWG
09-24-2020, 10:49 AM
Not really. At that age, you can get in elite shape in a few months. Especially starting from where they were. As bad as they looked compared to other SEC teams (and really compared to any college football team at any level that takes conditioning seriously), they weren't sitting at home all day eating cheesy puffs. They were in pretty good shape, just not DI football shape.

With no spring practice this year maybe they put that time into strength and conditioning ... that is if they were allowed to do so

FISHDAWG
09-24-2020, 10:52 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZqaiZOYpTQ&ab_channel=DevinLiam

I tried to rep this but couldn't .... that was some funny $#%* right there

Kingbarkus
09-24-2020, 02:28 PM
This is the way I think the game will go.

lsu comes out smoking and we look disorganized and discombobulated.
We slowly get things working and by the end of the game our offense is rolling.
Pelini will be aggressive and take chances which could open up the big play for us.
We MUST stop the run. Not shut it down, but put the game in Brennan's hands.
We must run the ball and get Hill in open space.
Our WR's must catch the ball. If we have a ton of drops and/or TO's lsu will cover.

I'm worried about our defense. Can we get a stop late if we keep this game close?

Cowbell
09-24-2020, 02:59 PM
Early injuries will effect this game - just hope it's not us.

Offshore Dawg
09-24-2020, 03:17 PM
Dawgs have a big yardage gain expect a flag

Bdawg
09-24-2020, 03:53 PM

Pelini will be aggressive and take chances which could open up the big play for us.
Our WR's must catch the ball. If we have a ton of drops and/or TO's lsu will cover.

I'm worried about our defense. Can we get a stop late if we keep this game close?

Don't get your hopes up.

TrapGame
09-24-2020, 04:07 PM

Direct hand offs to Kylin are going to be few. KJ will pass it to Kylin behind the LOS a lot. That's basically Leach's run game.

Todd4State
09-24-2020, 05:28 PM
Direct hand offs to Kylin are going to be few. KJ will pass it to Kylin behind the LOS a lot. That's basically Leach's run game.

And screens to wide receivers.

Ari Gold
09-26-2020, 07:24 PM
They wanted O ass gone.

LSU isn?t Bama or Clemson.. they aren?t even close.. one year doesn?t make you a dynasty
Let?s see what happens.. give me that 17.5 all day and what the hell give me some of that ML

Qb check
Rb Check
OL check

Oh Well...
Hello ML

BeardoMSU
09-26-2020, 07:25 PM
Oh Well...

Lol, well done.

Jarius
10-10-2020, 03:26 PM

Tell us more how right you were on LSU.