PDA

View Full Version : Selmon to JSU

ZedFedder
09-22-2020, 07:52 PM
https://twitter.com/li_zeaky/status/1308567085279252488
I mean... bye? Maybe he opted out because he wasn't any good? Idk. This is odd.

ZedFedder
09-22-2020, 07:53 PM
https://twitter.com/robbiefaulk247/status/1308569178576769025
Robbie says he isn't even in the portal. Don't want a guy like that on our squad, and I can guarantee Leach won't lose sleep.

Homedawg
09-22-2020, 07:58 PM
I hadn't seen this but It's not a big deal. Good luck to him.

defiantdog
09-22-2020, 08:11 PM
Marcus Murphy gonna have to play DB at the rate we losin them

HoopsDawg
09-22-2020, 08:15 PM

Murphy already is a DB. Selmon wasn't on the two deep. Good luck to him.

Todd4State
09-22-2020, 08:16 PM
I hadn't seen this but It's not a big deal. Good luck to him.

Agree. I thought he was a little small to play CB in the SEC.

Medic601
09-22-2020, 08:23 PM
So how is Dieon already contacting and recruiting players that aren’t even in the transfer portal? That’s a no no per the NCAA. Lol

defiantdog
09-22-2020, 08:29 PM
So how is Dieon already contacting and recruiting players that aren’t even in the transfer portal? That’s a no no per the NCAA. Lol

Dude probably just quit the team

KOdawg1
09-22-2020, 08:35 PM
Meh, without trashing the kid, I'm just gonna say it's not a huge loss. He gets to play in his home town now.

somebodyshotmypaw
09-22-2020, 09:30 PM

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Marcus Murphy would be playing DB regardless of the "rate we losing them."

BiscuitEater
09-22-2020, 09:45 PM
That opens a new slot for someone to fill.

Leroy Jenkins
09-22-2020, 11:01 PM

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/SafeScratchyGenet-size_restricted.gif

TUSK
09-23-2020, 01:22 AM
I dunno what Prime Time's "in game coachin' abilities" may/may not be, but I do know this...

If that cat is there long enough, he will recruit/sell JSU at a level that will bury USM and have a huge influence on the recruiting efforts of both MSU and OM...

Todd4State
09-23-2020, 03:01 AM
I dunno what Prime Time's "in game coachin' abilities" may/may not be, but I do know this...

If that cat is there long enough, he will recruit/sell JSU at a level that will bury USM and have a huge influence on the recruiting efforts of both MSU and OM...

This won't even be news in three weeks.

bulldawg28
09-23-2020, 03:04 AM

And Alabama backups

Cooterpoot
09-23-2020, 06:55 AM

USM maybe. He won't be a blip on the SEC/P5 radar.

Ari Gold
09-23-2020, 07:00 AM

Huge influence on the recruiting efforts of both MSU and OM..?? . ok.. Roll Tide

Leroy Jenkins
09-23-2020, 07:35 AM

No.

CadaverDawg
09-23-2020, 07:56 AM
and have a huge influence on the recruiting efforts of both MSU and OM...

Lol, no.

ShotgunDawg
09-23-2020, 08:39 AM

Good lord no.

MaroonFlounder
09-23-2020, 08:45 AM

If facilities make any kind of impact on a prospective recruit, JSU will have almost no impact on State or OM recruiting anytime soon.

And JSU plays in Veterans Memorial Stadium in Jacktown, which is so run down it is pitiful.

biscuit
09-23-2020, 08:48 AM
I don't see Prime recruiting against us in any way except for marginal prospects. Where he will be successful is the transfer portal for the 3rd and 4th stringers on SEC rosters. He will do well getting guys that couldn't cut it, for whatever reason, from Bama, LSU, State, etc.

Commercecomet24
09-23-2020, 08:50 AM

You must be hitting the home brew*****

Dawgology
09-23-2020, 09:13 AM

Put down the crack pipe.

If he?s successful he will be gone in 2-3 seasons because he?s Sanders. The SEC and JSU doesn?t go after the same recruits. They just ?stole? an athlete that couldn?t make the 2-deep on one of the thinnest SEC defenses this season.... it?s insignificant regardless of who their coach is.

Tbonewannabe
09-23-2020, 09:34 AM
Also, not sure how you sell a recruit competing for SWAC championships instead of a real championship. The SWAC got the shit kicked out of them so bad they opted not to even try for a National Title.

Johnson85
09-23-2020, 09:41 AM

I mean, maybe some of the guys MSU or Ole Miss is trying to keep warm stick with their JSU commitment when they get a last minute offer? Or maybe they go ahead and sign in the fall rather than wait to see if they get an offer?

That could end up having an impact b/c historically some of those last second grabs for any program will turn out to be significant players, but I don't know. Just not sure he's really going to move the needle that much as far as convincing players to forego the SEC to play in the SWAC.

dantheman4248
09-24-2020, 10:09 AM
Prime isn't there for the long haul success. If he's successful, he'll move up within 3 years. If not, then there's nothing to worry about. It's not like he's gonna be at JSU for 15+ years to build a SWAC dynasty.

Madisonmd
09-24-2020, 11:20 AM
Prime isn't there for the long haul success. If he's successful, he'll move up within 3 years. If not, then there's nothing to worry about. It's not like he's gonna be at JSU for 15+ years to build a SWAC dynasty.

Just wait until Prime sees how bad the budget is at JSU! It's a mess!!

Jarius
09-24-2020, 12:29 PM

Lol. If you seriously think JSU will ever influence MSU/OM recruiting you seriously have no idea of the landscape of college football. JSU will NEVER take a recruit State or OM want. Period

msu15
09-24-2020, 01:44 PM

Whenever you get back from 1974 let us know.

msbulldog
09-25-2020, 06:43 AM
Lol. If you seriously think JSU will ever influence MSU/OM recruiting you seriously have no idea of the landscape of college football. JSU will NEVER take a recruit State or OM want. Period

Well??

"Smith committed to LSU on Dec. 1. He told the Clarion Ledger there's a 90% chance he signs with LSU in December. Out of the other 10%, Jackson State has a 7% chance of landing his services."

Deion Smith was named for Prime Time.

From the same article:
"Holmes County cornerback Khamauri Rogers, ranked the No. 1 2022 prospect in Mississippi by Rivals, ESPN and the 247Sports Composite, has interacted with Sanders on multiple occasions at camps and off-season competitions. Rogers also received an offer from JSU, his father's alma mater, this week."

Cooterpoot
09-25-2020, 06:59 AM
Neither are going to JSU and Rogers isn't the best prospect in the state in 22 either. Of course, if Rogers keeps falling, who knows with him.

Cowbell
09-25-2020, 07:00 AM
This is going to be all fun and games until they get embarrassed on the football field by teams they think they can compete against. Reality is gonna hit hard.

Jarius
09-25-2020, 09:51 AM
Well??

"Smith committed to LSU on Dec. 1. He told the Clarion Ledger there's a 90% chance he signs with LSU in December. Out of the other 10%, Jackson State has a 7% chance of landing his services."

Deion Smith was named for Prime Time.

From the same article:
"Holmes County cornerback Khamauri Rogers, ranked the No. 1 2022 prospect in Mississippi by Rivals, ESPN and the 247Sports Composite, has interacted with Sanders on multiple occasions at camps and off-season competitions. Rogers also received an offer from JSU, his father's alma mater, this week."

If you believe either of those prospects will go to JSU you are as far in the sauce as he is. Zero chance.

msbulldog
09-25-2020, 12:29 PM
If you believe either of those prospects will go to JSU you are as far in the sauce as he is. Zero chance.

Didn't say I believed that. Just posted what was said in the article. Maybe you ought to push that booze away Jarius.

Jarius
09-25-2020, 03:38 PM
Didn't say I believed that. Just posted what was said in the article. Maybe you ought to push that booze away Jarius.

Then what was the reason for posting the article? I am aware of what they said. They aren’t going to Jackson State, and State nor Ole Miss will ever lose someone they want on the recruiting trail to Jackson State no matter who their coach is.

Todd4State
09-25-2020, 04:51 PM
Then what was the reason for posting the article? I am aware of what they said. They aren’t going to Jackson State, and State nor Ole Miss will ever lose someone they want on the recruiting trail to Jackson State no matter who their coach is.

They have Deion. We have Tony Hughes. I like our odds.

msbulldog
09-25-2020, 05:15 PM

Posting for information purposes only. Do you have a problem with that? I'd didn't post that to start a quarrel with you. Chill! Hail State!

Westdawg
12-18-2020, 12:00 AM

Tusk.....you have foresight like the sages of ancient times.

Seriously, seeing him now flip a 4 ⭐️ OT from an SEC blue blood (UF) makes it a real possibility

bulldawg28
12-18-2020, 06:33 AM
They have Deion. We have Tony Hughes. I like our odds.

Tony Hughes doesn't compare to Deion Sanders.

Cooterpoot
12-18-2020, 06:53 AM
Tusk.....you have foresight like the sages of ancient times.

Seriously, seeing him now flip a 4 ⭐️ OT from an SEC blue blood (UF) makes it a real possibility

FL dropped that kid. Told him he couldn't sign with them. Same for the GA kid.

gtowndawg
12-18-2020, 07:40 AM

About the same odds of you marrying your sister. It's Alabama, so it's possible, but in this day and age unlikely.

Westdawg
12-18-2020, 09:02 AM
FL dropped that kid. Told him he couldn't sign with them. Same for the GA kid.
Map Florida dropped him and not any other P5 program had been close enough to him to snatch him up???
Nah. I think there is just a little more to it.

Matt3467
12-18-2020, 09:48 AM
If I was a 17 or 18 year old DB it doesn't matter who offers me if Deion Sanders walks into my house with an offer I'm going to be interested. Who wouldn't want to learn from arguably the best CB to ever play the game? Now I can't say how that may affect other position groups but if Sanders does well I won't be surprised if he gets a recruit or two we're shooting for every year and worst case scenario is if he moves up to a D1 school like a USM or Memphis then watch out.

Hot Rock
12-18-2020, 09:48 AM
Map Florida dropped him and not any other P5 program had been close enough to him to snatch him up???

There is always more to it. What that is most likely will stay unknown to any of us.

But, if a four star kid gets dropped buy any school you can bet there is a reason and it's probably not for his football skills.

Doggie_Style
12-18-2020, 10:04 AM
The attrition we are seeing are just guys who can?t play at this level or don?t want to compete....we still have some dead weight

Joebob
12-18-2020, 10:15 AM
Deion may have a natural bond with a lot of the players, but I don't see him as being much of a coach, especially a head coach. He just doesn't seem to have the temperament. Besides, my observation over many years is that great players don't usually make great coaches, for whatever reason. Maybe it's because their extreme skills just can't translate into something that's coachable. Anyway, my guess is that he will flame out in a few years unless he can attract enough talent to win purely on talent.

Cooterpoot
12-18-2020, 10:20 AM

There's a reason he couldn't sign. And JSU is waiting on a couple kids still too. They got a good plan and some connections. Take the transfers and the kids that cant get into other schools. Get the marginal MS talent.
I watched his HS a few times this year, coaching will be a question. Especially the HS guys he brought. But it's the SWAC. He should be able to have success. Give JSU credit, they went all in and took a big chance.
Some schools could learn from that.

NCMSTFAN
12-18-2020, 05:04 PM
Deion may have a natural bond with a lot of the players, but I don't see him as being much of a coach, especially a head coach. He just doesn't seem to have the temperament. Besides, my observation over many years is that great players don't usually make great coaches, for whatever reason. Maybe it's because their extreme skills just can't translate into something that's coachable. Anyway, my guess is that he will flame out in a few years unless he can attract enough talent to win purely on talent.
This may be true but he will be as good as the people around him are and he brought in some coaches with experience, some have also coached at the NFL level.