PDA

View Full Version : Josh Robinson 2014

HaggardDawg
09-21-2020, 08:20 AM
Rewatching the Tamu game from 14. Man Josh was so damn good.

StarkVegasSteve
09-21-2020, 08:28 AM
Rewatching the Tamu game from 14. Man Josh was so damn good.

He was the missing the piece from us having such a special team in 15. We have him with Dak's passing improvements I really feel we could've made a run at the West. Which we damn near did without him.

Johnson85
09-21-2020, 08:35 AM
The UK game ruined him. He tried to do the same thing against Bama and it cost us, and then he still wouldn't just hit the hole against UM. Shumpert was much more effective than him against UM, and he obviously wasn't nearly as good.

Captain Falcon
09-21-2020, 09:08 AM
He was the missing the piece from us having such a special team in 15. We have him with Dak's passing improvements I really feel we could've made a run at the West. Which we damn near did without him.

While the Shumpert/Holloway stuff was a real problem in 2015, I still contend that the o-line was the bigger issue. We just weren't very good up front and it really showed against LSU, Bama, and Ole Miss that year. So even if Josh comes back for his senior year, I think he definitely helps us but I'm not sure he has as good of a year running the ball as he had in 2014.

As good as Dak was in 2014, Josh was every bid as good in the first half of the season. His production dipped down the stretch, never broke 100 yards again after the Kentucky game (did have a 100 yard receiving game against Arkansas though). But he was a lot of fun to watch and fit the identity of that team incredibly well. Under-recruited, but super tough and resilient. I wish his departure and his relationship with the school since he left were less awkward, but he was a fun player to watch while he was here.

StarkVegasSteve
09-21-2020, 09:14 AM
The UK game ruined him. He tried to do the same thing against Bama and it cost us, and then he still wouldn't just hit the hole against UM. Shumpert was much more effective than him against UM, and he obviously wasn't nearly as good.

You're not wrong. UK ruined him because it also caused a rift between him and Dan when Dan wouldn't let him go in and get 1 more yard to get to 200.

BeardoMSU
09-21-2020, 09:31 AM
While the Shumpert/Holloway stuff was a real problem in 2015, I still contend that the o-line was the bigger issue. We just weren't very good up front and it really showed against LSU, Bama, and Ole Miss that year. So even if Josh comes back for his senior year, I think he definitely helps us but I'm not sure he has as good of a year running the ball as he had in 2014.

As good as Dak was in 2014, Josh was every bid as good in the first half of the season. His production dipped down the stretch, never broke 100 yards again after the Kentucky game (did have a 100 yard receiving game against Arkansas though). But he was a lot of fun to watch and fit the identity of that team incredibly well. Under-recruited, but super tough and resilient. I wish his departure and his relationship with the school since he left were less awkward, but he was a fun player to watch while he was here.

Didn't Dak get sacked 20 times against Bama and OM (10 a piece)? That o-line was absolutely gash.