PDA

View Full Version : I think we should all just drop the coaching debate

CadaverDawg
11-06-2013, 12:06 PM
At least until after the Arkansas game. Myself included. We all know that wins in the next two games are not likely, so bitching about the coach these next two are pointless unless we lose 60-7 or some shit like that.

I am going to just pull for the Dawgs to win or at least play A&M and Bama close. I think any pressure that the fans have put on Mullen has been noted, and nothing that can be said over the next few weeks will make much difference compared to the likely losses themselves.

I encourage those others in the same camp as me to do the same, and just try to discuss the games themselves over the next few weeks. And for those Mullen guys and anti-Huddites to not tempt us to chime in with posts about how great Mullen does _____. Maybe we can make this board more tolerable instead of the constant beating of a dead horse.

I know I'm as guilty as anyone for posting about it, and as a passionate fan I respect those on both sides that just want to see State get better.

Now for the next two games, let's get in the mindset we had during the Croom years and just hope we can pull the upset or have a chance going in to the 4th quarter. You never know....maybe if everyone is on board we can pull off something crazy.

If nobody agrees with this post, it's cool. I just think we're all probably growing tired of thread after thread of having to defend our views.

HailState

And may We see memories of this on Saturday....(Not the 2012 version though)

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/SNOW-BOWL-MISSISSIPPI-STATE-BULLDOGS-FOOTBALL-HAND-SIGNED-PRINT-/00/s/MTE3MlgxNjAw/$T2eC16RHJGkE9no8hmy+BQT9VRrE1Q~~60_35.JPG

CJDAWG85
11-06-2013, 12:10 PM
Completely agree. Need 2 of the next 4. Is it attainable? Absolutely.

Goat Holder
11-06-2013, 12:12 PM
F*ck it, after Auburn, Mullen deserves any criticism he gets. That's the way I look at it. I'm personally not going to criticize until I see the season play out, but that game put a bullseye on his ass.

dickiedawg
11-06-2013, 12:16 PM
I agree. We all know where a lot of folks stand on the coaching issue, it makes the board unbearable.

With this post coming from one of the two biggest pot stirrers on here, I have some degree of confidence this can happen.

DownwardDawg
11-06-2013, 12:17 PM
I agree cadaver. I'm not saying another word. Everyone knows where I stand and i want it to happen yesterday. My bitching here ain't changing a thing so lets just see what happens. Would love to win a few more. Hail State.

cheewgumm
11-06-2013, 12:17 PM
I'm anxious to see how this plan works out if we get beat by 30 on Saturday. I foresee something like this:

Cadaver: "F^%& IT!!! I know I said no coach talk, but damn I'm pissed!!!....."

no offense.

At least until after the Arkansas game. Myself included. We all know that wins in the next two games are not likely, so bitching about the coach these next two are pointless unless we lose 60-7 or some shit like that.

I am going to just pull for the Dawgs to win or at least play A&M and Bama close. I think any pressure that the fans have put on Mullen has been noted, and nothing that can be said over the next few weeks will make much difference compared to the likely losses themselves.

I encourage those others in the same camp as me to do the same, and just try to discuss the games themselves over the next few weeks. And for those Mullen guys and anti-Huddites to not tempt us to chime in with posts about how great Mullen does _____. Maybe we can make this board more tolerable instead of the constant beating of a dead horse.

I know I'm as guilty as anyone for posting about it, and as a passionate fan I respect those on both sides that just want to see State get better.

Now for the next two games, let's get in the mindset we had during the Croom years and just hope we can pull the upset or have a chance going in to the 4th quarter. You never know....maybe if everyone is on board we can pull off something crazy.

If nobody agrees with this post, it's cool. I just think we're all probably growing tired of thread after thread of having to defend our views.

HailState

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/SNOW-BOWL-MISSISSIPPI-STATE-BULLDOGS-FOOTBALL-HAND-SIGNED-PRINT-/00/s/MTE3MlgxNjAw/$T2eC16RHJGkE9no8hmy+BQT9VRrE1Q~~60_35.JPG

CadaverDawg
11-06-2013, 12:19 PM
I'm anxious to see how this plan works out if we get beat by 30 on Saturday. I foresee something like this:

Cadaver: "F^%& IT!!! I know I said no coach talk, but damn I'm pissed!!!....."

no offense.

Haha. I definitely am speaking to myself as much as any

CadaverDawg
11-06-2013, 12:19 PM
I agree cadaver. I'm not saying another word. Everyone knows where I stand and i want it to happen yesterday. My bitching here ain't changing a thing so lets just see what happens. Would love to win a few more. Hail State.

Couldn't agree more.

Barking 13
11-06-2013, 12:21 PM
I'm in... I asked another Dawg here at work a while ago, what would happen if we win out? He looked at me and said are you drunk? I said no, but I don't expect to beat Big AL, but if they somehow miraculously get by TAMU, then ride big MO on a home game with the tide, McCarron has an off day (ala Mett v OM) or gets hurt, and we play over our heads.. Stranger stuff has happened... If that happened, it's lights out on the other two..

Lets just chill and let it play out... we can talk about Superman later...

Barking 13
11-06-2013, 12:23 PM
and if we get beat by 30, then we can just talk about what ACTUAL problems happened.. x's and o's kind of stuff...

tcdog70
11-06-2013, 12:28 PM
The cluster before Half--just pitiful. But if he can win two I'm back on His side

MarketingBully01
11-06-2013, 12:35 PM
Best post you have had in a while. We understand that these next two games are a tall order but Arkansas and Ole Miss are very winnable. I think we will go 6-6. Heck, if we hadn't stepped on our toes the whole game last Saturday we had a chance. If this team can ever play four quarters, they can compete with anyone. Just have to execute.

MarketingBully01
11-06-2013, 12:37 PM
If McCarron went down against LSU at the end of the game after they had won it, we would beat them. Have you seen Blake Sims play? Not pretty and doesn't fit Saban's QB style. They are one QB injury away from being an average team.

BHildreth3
11-06-2013, 12:37 PM
Well, damn - i had some old Hudspeth quotes 'bout 'cruitin i wanted to share. I will wait a few weeks.

slickdawg
11-06-2013, 12:39 PM
Bravo!

Bitching right now won't change a thing regardless. I'd be mad at Scott if he made a decision before the season was over. Let the season play out, and then make a decision. Possibilities range from 0-4 to 5-0 to finish the season.

Percho
11-06-2013, 12:59 PM
If ya'll were the coach say at MSU would you read the message boards? Where does the pressure on a coach come from? Do you think CDM or his staff read the boards?

Should have made a new thread.

ShotgunDawg
11-06-2013, 01:00 PM
I love that we have passionate fans. That is what makes me believe we will get this figured out, but I agree with Cadaver. Enough has been said at this point.

Also keep this in mind, we are in a good spot here: Our program floor has been raised, and we either get Hud or Mullen gets his shit together. Either way, we should get better than we are now.

LiterallyPolice
11-06-2013, 01:02 PM
Well damn.... now what am I supposed to do with this?

http://i.imgur.com/XvrkJ0e.jpg

Political Hack
11-06-2013, 01:03 PM
yes.

FISHDAWG
11-06-2013, 01:03 PM
I think a decision has already been made if they are currently negotiating an extension

CadaverDawg
11-06-2013, 01:06 PM
Well damn.... now what am I supposed to do with this?

http://i.imgur.com/XvrkJ0e.jpg

http://img.pandawhale.com/37381-Damn-good-stuff-sir-gif-smOr.gif

engie
11-06-2013, 01:11 PM
I think a decision has already been made if they are currently negotiating an extension

There has not been a decision made. And if it had, it would be time to clean house in the athletics department.

I'm all for letting it play out -- but it's idealistic and will never work out on message boards when the games draw near...

FISHDAWG
11-06-2013, 01:13 PM
There has not been a decision made. And if it had, it would be time to clean house in the athletics department.

I'm all for letting it play out -- but it's idealistic and will never work out on message boards when the games draw near...

not doubting you but it's been tweeted and is common knowledge they are working on an extension - that sounds like a decision to me

preachermatt83
11-06-2013, 01:17 PM
This will go over great until about halfway thru the second drive Saturday.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
11-06-2013, 01:22 PM
Or until om loses to Arky******************************************

Dawgface
11-06-2013, 01:24 PM

True. I can easily put it aside for now, but not so easy when things go bad during the next game. But maybe the doggies will surprise me this weekend. No not a win......but a hard fought game with good effort and few dumb mistakes. One can dream...can't they? ;)

Mjoelner34
11-06-2013, 01:27 PM
...bitching about the coach these next two are pointless unless we lose 60-7 or some shit like that.

I haven't and probably won't mention my stance on the coaching on here but I do fully expect us to lose the next two along the lines of 60-7. Actually more like 56-13 and 45-7. Hopefully I'll be proven wrong.

War Machine Dawg
11-06-2013, 01:27 PM
Welcome back to sanity, Cadaver. This is all most of us have been asking for. Not to mention how pointless it all the bitching is. This is one of those situations where the situation has to play itself out on the field and all the talking in the world won't matter. 6 wins? Mullen stays. 5 or less? Mullen needs to go and the majority of the fans will be on board with it. But the constant bitching is entirely unproductive. And it's made the board unreadably toxic.

Goat Holder
11-06-2013, 01:29 PM
There's documentation that an extension is in the works. You have no documentation to prove you are right. Might want to let this one go.

CadaverDawg
11-06-2013, 01:32 PM
Welcome back to sanity, Cadaver. This is all most of us have been asking for. Not to mention how pointless it all the bitching is. This is one of those situations where the situation has to play itself out on the field and all the talking in the world won't matter. 6 wins? Mullen stays. 5 or less? Mullen needs to go and the majority of the fans will be on board with it. But the constant bitching is entirely unproductive. And it's made the board unreadably toxic.

Oh don't get me wrong...I still feel the same way, and we think you guys are just as insane... I just think the debate should stop for a while. At least until after the Arky game.

FISHDAWG
11-06-2013, 01:33 PM
ha - fingers getting tired of the bitching ?

Sam&DeansDawg
11-06-2013, 01:33 PM
We NEED Muschamp

CJDAWG85
11-06-2013, 01:37 PM
We NEED Muschamp

Said no one ever

Barking 13
11-06-2013, 01:38 PM
We NEED Muschamp

As DC?

engie
11-06-2013, 01:55 PM
not doubting you but it's been tweeted and is common knowledge they are working on an extension - that sounds like a decision to me

What would you expect Salter to say? Scott isn't touching an extension because alot of influential people want him gone at the end of the season?

"Working on an extension" is simply a vote of confidence. The fact that an extension didn't get signed last year allows common sense to dictate that he isn't about to get one right now. We can "work" on it all we want. Until it's signed(December is when this happens), it's just window dressing to calm the sheep...

War Machine Dawg
11-06-2013, 02:08 PM
Oh don't get me wrong...I still feel the same way, and we think you guys are just as insane... I just think the debate should stop for a while. At least until after the Arky game.

You know where I stand. 5 or less, I want Mullen gone like everyone else will. I just don't see the point in constantly bitching when it has literally no productive value. Hell, I'm as frustrated as your side is with where we are right now. But I also know it wouldn't be hard to get a helluva lot worse, looking at our history. Plus it doesn't sit well with me that this whole situation may have been ginned up behind the scenes in backrooms for reasons that have little or nothing to do with Mullen's actual coaching. And that Hud himself may be involved in it.

All that said, I just want to be able to check the first page of the board and not have literally half or more of the threads be "Mullen sucks/fire Mullen/hire Blonde Jesus/Blonde Jesus is the best football coach evar!!!11!!!11!!!11!!" I don't think that's asking too much. Just let it play out, because these things generally have a way of working themselves out on the field.

maroonmania
11-06-2013, 02:08 PM
Well here was my take on this very topic -

http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?8038-In-some-ways-I-wish-we-could-just-shut-down-the-message-boards-until-the-Ark-game

coachdaddy
11-06-2013, 02:09 PM
What would you expect Salter to say? Scott isn't touching an extension because alot of influential people want him gone at the end of the season?

"Working on an extension" is simply a vote of confidence. The fact that an extension didn't get signed last year allows common sense to dictate that he isn't about to get one right now. We can "work" on it all we want. Until it's signed(December is when this happens), it's just window dressing to calm the sheep...

its to calm the recruits who are constantly being fed the bullshit that are on message boards by ole miss. i hope everybody can chill the hell out until the season is over. recruits see this board and the ones that dont are having it shoved in their face.

geotop
11-06-2013, 02:21 PM
I'm with you... Time to can the bitchin and moaning about the coaching. I'll be at the game this weekend ad all I want
to see is a competitive team for the last 4. Lets all pull in the same direction and see what happens.

CadaverDawg
11-06-2013, 02:53 PM
All that said, I just want to be able to check the first page of the board and not have literally half or more of the threads be "Mullen sucks/fire Mullen/hire Blonde Jesus/Blonde Jesus is the best football coach evar!!!11!!!11!!!11!!" I don't think that's asking too much. Just let it play out, because these things generally have a way of working themselves out on the field.

My goodness, exaggerate much?

Your posts in this thread are like when two kids call a truce and one of them says "I agree that we need to stop fighting. You're an idiot and I want to kick your ass, but there's no need in fighting about it anymore". In the process of saying "I agree" you went on to restate your viewpoint and call anyone that doesn't agree "insane" and exaggerate stuff that was never said. If you agree to quit talking about it, just stop. It's that simple. Why add all of that other stuff?

Hilarious.

And we wonder why something can't be dropped and why our fan base is so split. Everybody has to get the last word in.

CadaverDawg
11-06-2013, 02:54 PM
I'm with you... Time to can the bitchin and moaning about the coaching. I'll be at the game this weekend ad all I want
to see is a competitive team for the last 4. Lets all pull in the same direction and see what happens.

Geotop, where are you from? Making the drive over from Mississippi? Glad we have some people going. I wish I could.

quickstrike2
11-06-2013, 02:56 PM
I agree with this. I am waiting till the end of the season to form a true opinion on what I think would be best for MSU football.

AROB44
11-06-2013, 03:51 PM

HailState

That almost sounds Biblical.....good choice of words. I guess I am one.

CadaverDawg
11-06-2013, 03:52 PM
That almost sounds Biblical.....good choice of words. I guess I am one.

Haha

cheewgumm
11-06-2013, 03:53 PM
The bitching is not pointless.

Sometimes waiting until the season is over is too late. Especially if the admin is working on an extension . Stricklin shouldn't think " hey nobody is complaining , everything must be good."

I know someone is going to say " I think they understand and don't need a message board to spell it out for them" but I'll disagree, especially if there is any truth to the " extension".

HunterDawg
11-06-2013, 08:18 PM
All this talk isn't likely to change anything, but it could affect our recruiting.

I agree we need to just drop it until the season is over and, for now at least, fully support the team and our coaches.

OldFatDog
11-06-2013, 09:06 PM

HailState

AMEN!

CadaverDawg
11-06-2013, 09:09 PM
AMEN!

http://rack.1.mshcdn.com/media/ZgkyMDEzLzA0LzE4LzRjL0hpZ2hGaXZlRmlzLjg4YWEwLmdpZg pwCXRodW1iCTEyMDB4OTYwMD4/e1ddbcea/e7e/High-Five-Fist-Bump-GIF.gif