PDA

View Full Version : LSU is Ripe

BeastMan
09-16-2020, 09:24 AM
If you?ve been following LSU this offseason, they?ve had the toughest offseason of anyone I can remember. Ravaged by the draft, ravaged by opt outs, significant transfer portal action, and rampant Covid positives among the team. Not to mention they?re replacing the best season of QB play I?ve ever seen with an incredibly average football player, massive downgrade even if MB is solid. I don?t remember a reigning national champion being this ripe for upset in the following season.

Now the bad new. Which us do we get? If the offense runs well with KJ it would not shock me for us to beat them and beat them soundly. However, it is not unreasonable to expect a tough transition to Leach?s system especially losing spring. We are flipping so radically to new systems on offense I could see a nightmare for 4-6 games before getting better late. Don?t forget defense is overhauled too but I like our odds of transition better over there. My range of possibilities has never been so wide. I could see us winning by 2 score all the way to getting trounced 49-10. Neither would shock me. I need a quarter of seeing us live.

What say you fellas? What are y?all expecting?

FISHDAWG
09-16-2020, 09:32 AM
it's difficult to figure out but I would simply just take the under if you're wanting to bet .... If there is an upset then it would come as the first game (or very early in the season) but the bounces would have to go our way and they would need to put a few rounds through their foot to make this happen ..... having said all of that drivel - I am able to muster a little hope for this game.

AlSwearengen
09-16-2020, 09:32 AM
Without a doubt. Don’t they have new co-ordinators on both sides of the ball also? I can see a HUGE hangover in Baton Rouge without the divided locker room. They are definitely ripe.

BrunswickDawg
09-16-2020, 09:34 AM
My heart says MSU 35-21.
My head says LSU 42-10.

After the stench of JoeMo, I just want us to be competitive and well coached and not the clown show from last year.

TrapGame
09-16-2020, 09:44 AM
But, Leach's system is not trigonometry. Everywhere he's been has picked it up pretty quickly. He's not trying to divide the hypotenuse of 40 yard line with the square root of the goal post.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-16-2020, 09:48 AM
My heart says MSU 35-21.
My head says LSU 42-10.

After the stench of JoeMo, I just want us to be competitive and well coached and not the clown show from last year.

No way in hell we only score 10 points

ShotgunDawg
09-16-2020, 09:48 AM
LSU is only ripe if we're worth a damn.

At this point, MSU just needs to focus on playing to it's potential & not worrying about the shape LSU is in

ShotgunDawg
09-16-2020, 09:50 AM
My heart says MSU 35-21.
My head says LSU 42-10.

I don't think 42-10 is realistic. That's helmet betting

ShotgunDawg
09-16-2020, 09:51 AM
But, Leach's system is not trigonometry. Everywhere he's been has picked it up pretty quickly. He's not trying to divide the hypotenuse of 40 yard line with the square root of the goal post.

True. I'd feel better if Malik Heath didn't have a DUI and was going to play.

Feels like his ability would've been good a big play or 2

BrunswickDawg
09-16-2020, 09:54 AM

Yeah, well I thought there was no way in hell we'd lose to them for 21 times between 1992 and 2014 either.

BrunswickDawg
09-16-2020, 09:55 AM
I don't think 42-10 is realistic. That's helmet betting

It's MSU induced PTSD - I've seen too many loses to them since 1991.

BeastMan
09-16-2020, 09:58 AM
LSU is only ripe if we're worth a damn.

At this point, MSU just needs to focus on playing to it's potential & not worrying about the shape LSU is in

Lucky for you I’m just a random dude who post on message boards wondering about the shape LSU is in. I doubt Leach has a period in practice where he updates the team of LSU’s roster.

ShotgunDawg
09-16-2020, 10:09 AM
Lucky for you I’m just a random dude who post on message boards wondering about the shape LSU is in. I doubt Leach has a period in practice where he updates the team of LSU’s roster.

Agree. I wasn't really talking to you. Just making the point that all of LSU's issues only matter if we're good.

Jarius
09-16-2020, 10:31 AM
I expect a 34-24 type game. LSU wins but doesn't cover.

TrapGame
09-16-2020, 10:34 AM
I expect a 34-24 type game. LSU wins but doesn't cover.

That's where I'm leaning too. After watching the highlights of the 2013 WSU/AU game I can see it turning out like that.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-16-2020, 10:44 AM
there is a big difference in losing to them 21 times and us only scoring 10 points.

HailStateSZN19
09-16-2020, 10:58 AM
I'm leaning somewhere in the 38-31 or 42-34 type range. We're gonna score and I don't think they cover. I could see it anywhere from a 3-14 point game. So I'll go in the middle around a 7-8 point game.

FISHDAWG
09-16-2020, 11:01 AM
there is a big difference in losing to them 21 times and us only scoring 10 points.

Can't you guys recognize "Metaphorical" analogies ?

Dawgfan77
09-16-2020, 11:31 AM
Yeah, well I thought there was no way in hell we'd lose to them for 21 times between 1992 and 2014 either.

Only we won in 99 and should have won in 2000

StateDawg44
09-16-2020, 12:09 PM
I would imagine teams will be trying to give their depth meaningful snaps more this year if they get ahead early.

Not saying that is the case here but I would think there will be a lot of garbage time points given up and scored by all teams this year.

Especially with the removal of full on home field advantage and screaming fans to help keep defenses in games and sway momentum changes.

Only scoring 10 points in any game whatsoever this year will be a let down IMO.

Don't see that happening even if everything was normal right now.

IMAREBL2 AND A DAWG
09-16-2020, 12:31 PM
If you?ve been following LSU this offseason, they?ve had the toughest offseason of anyone I can remember. Ravaged by the draft, ravaged by opt outs, significant transfer portal action, and rampant Covid positives among the team. Not to mention they?re replacing the best season of QB play I?ve ever seen with an incredibly average football player, massive downgrade even if MB is solid. I don?t remember a reigning national champion being this ripe for upset in the following season.

Now the bad new. Which us do we get? If the offense runs well with KJ it would not shock me for us to beat them and beat them soundly. However, it is not unreasonable to expect a tough transition to Leach?s system especially losing spring. We are flipping so radically to new systems on offense I could see a nightmare for 4-6 games before getting better late. Don?t forget defense is overhauled too but I like our odds of transition better over there. My range of possibilities has never been so wide. I could see us winning by 2 score all the way to getting trounced 49-10. Neither would shock me. I need a quarter of seeing us live.

What say you fellas? What are y?all expecting?
I’m on record on this board specifically as well as rebelgrove predicting a state win. I don’t have enough sack to throw out a score though

BrunswickDawg
09-16-2020, 12:48 PM
Can't you guys recognize "Metaphorical" analogies ?

Yeah, I thought it was pretty obvious. Our track record against LSU, combined with the lunacy that is 2020, makes me think any outcome is possible. Having sat thru us getting torched 41-6 in '98 by a 4-7 LSU team leaves scars.

msbulldog
09-16-2020, 01:12 PM
Yeah, I thought it was pretty obvious. Our track record against LSU, combined with the lunacy that is 2020, makes me think any outcome is possible. Having sat thru us getting torched 41-6 in '98 by a 4-7 LSU team leaves scars.

I was there for that one. I sat through a similar score down there in 1973 and swore I would never go back. Well I did 25 years later and swore again I would never go back. My friend did have good tickets on the 50 yard line his boss gave. It was so bad the LSU fans around us started expressing their sympathy.

BiscuitEater
09-16-2020, 01:40 PM
We are flipping so radically to new systems on offense I could see a nightmare for 4-6 games before getting better late. Don?t forget defense is overhauled too but I like our odds of transition better over there.

In the past 12 years, the only constant for MSU has been a NEW Defensive Coordinator and/or a new defensive scheme. We had some stability under Geoff Collins but names like Torbush, Diaz (twice), Sirmon , Grantham, Shoop and now Arnett seem to have an early expiration date.

Hope we can get a good DC who wants to stick around and build a true defense. I know we have an offensive plan. Have optimistic hopes for the D.

SmokeyDawg
09-16-2020, 02:13 PM
True. I'd feel better if Malik Heath didn't have a DUI and was going to play.

Feels like his ability would've been good a big play or 2

Is it known he's going to be suspended that game? I know it's been speculated but I've heard otherwise as well. I agree he's a difference maker for us.

Jack Lambert
09-16-2020, 02:48 PM
root

The reason Cheerleaders wear short skirt to make the fans will root harder.

PGHBulldogBG
09-16-2020, 05:41 PM
Based on the metrics, we are picked to go 3-7 this year. We have a lot of holes to fill. I would love to see us beat a few teams and go 5-5, but it?s going to be difficult outside Ark, Missouri and Vandy. Ole Miss is a toss up and I think we will beat someone like TAMU or Auburn at home. Even given LSUs situation, winning there will be extremely challenging, but anything is possible if things happen to play into our hands.

MaroonFlounder
09-16-2020, 05:48 PM

I would agree if this team had a spring practice and a normal preseason. They didn't/haven't.

I just feel we won't click right out of the gate. I hope to be dead wrong.

BeardoMSU
09-16-2020, 06:04 PM
The reason Cheerleaders wear short skirt to make the fans harder.

FIFY**

R2Dawg
09-16-2020, 08:39 PM
LSU will not be the LSU of last year, not even a shadow. They will be talented but I agree they are gonna lose some games this year. They could go 6-4 easy and even 5-5 pending lots of factors.

calidawg
09-17-2020, 08:05 AM
Glad to see this thread.

Yes LSU is ripe for an upset. I'm glad we have them as game 1. I expect this to be an LSU team that is better toward the end of the season than at the beginning. They put everything on the line last year. It was an all time great team. Also, not mentioned is the loss of Joe Brady. Ed O also went through a divorce this offseason. We're going into a mostly empty tiger stadium. Do yall remember how we played last year when our top guys were sat out in our best games? The team morale shrinks. They are going into this season basically knowing they can't repeat. Ed O chip on his shoulder is gone.

For us, we have probably the most talented O-line we've had, maybe ever. Talented Senior QB and RB... I would be shocked at an LSU blowout. Ed O is not Saban, meaning there isn't a system in place to win a national title and pick right back up the following year. LSU will be a 5-7 win team at best this year and I think we catch them OR it's a one score game late in the 4th and our inexperienced D blows it late.

Ari Gold
09-17-2020, 08:15 AM
My heart says MSU 35-21.
My head says LSU 42-10.

A JoMo offenses would score more than 10 ..
your heart score will be much closer to the final than your head score

Ari Gold
09-17-2020, 08:17 AM
LSU will not be the LSU of last year, not even a shadow. They will be talented but I agree they are gonna lose some games this year. They could go 6-4 easy and even 5-5 pending lots of factors.

LSU will still have talent. They always will
But they will prob NEVER have a team like the one last year

That was arguable the best college football teams This century

Ari Gold
09-17-2020, 08:20 AM
Again LSU is just 3 years removed from losing to us by 30 and at home to Troy..
They ain’t Bama or Clemson....

msudawglb
09-17-2020, 10:36 AM
You guys are dumb if you can't see what's happening at LSU. Orgeron is using the current NCAA rule that if you test positive for Covid, then you don't have to be retested for 3 months. He basically instructed his team to go out during the summer and get Covid. Now, just about all of his team is over it and they don't have to be retested during the season. He is guaranteed to not lose any players unless they get seriously sick. His players that opted out are coming back. They will be full force when they play us. They may not be great because of all of the new starters, but they won't be missing players.

FISHDAWG
09-17-2020, 11:40 AM
You guys are dumb if you can't see what's happening at LSU. Orgeron is using the current NCAA rule that if you test positive for Covid, then you don't have to be retested for 3 months. He basically instructed his team to go out during the summer and get Covid. Now, just about all of his team is over it and they don't have to be retested during the season. He is guaranteed to not lose any players unless they get seriously sick. His players that opted out are coming back. They will be full force when they play us. They may not be great because of all of the new starters, but they won't be missing players.

after the statement above I'm not sure I would call anyone here DUMB .... you can't be serious

MaroonFlounder
09-17-2020, 11:50 AM
after the statement above I'm not sure I would call anyone here DUMB .... you can't be serious

Not sure if he "instructed" his team to do so...but maybe encouraged. The positive covid case kids will be immune. Clemson was accused of the same tactic.

FISHDAWG
09-17-2020, 12:00 PM
Not sure if he "instructed" his team to do so...but maybe encouraged. The positive covid case kids will be immune. Clemson was accused of the same tactic.

I just don't think Ed O is dumb enough to expose himself and the school to that kind of liability

msudawglb
09-17-2020, 03:32 PM
Ok, ?instructed? was to strong. He sure didn?t tell them to live in a bubble. He?s sitting pretty now since almost his entire team has tested positive over the past couple months. He doesn?t have to retest them and you better believe he will not have anyone sitting out being quarantined during the season since there is no test making him do so.

BB30
09-18-2020, 10:28 AM
Think we lose something like 42-24 or 34-21. I just can't see our D playing well. We are super thin in spots and LSU always has some studs catching the football. I am not sure our DBs will be able to hold up.

I just want to see a clean game as far as false starts/delay of games go and want to see us get after it for 4 qtrs.

Skydawg1
09-18-2020, 11:23 AM
Think we lose something like 42-24 or 34-21. I just can't see our D playing well. We are super thin in spots and LSU always has some studs catching the football. I am not sure our DBs will be able to hold up.

I just want to see a clean game as far as false starts/delay of games go and want to see us get after it for 4 qtrs.If Brennan is halfway serviceable, they might score in the 30's. If not, well.