PDA

View Full Version : When Saban goes to Texas, doesn't that make our coaching decision that much more

cheewgumm
11-06-2013, 11:25 AM
important.

I think it does. I'm sure many disagree or don't believe there is any chance he leaves.

I think and have thought he is going to Texas. Makes perfect sense.

Jack Lambert
11-06-2013, 11:36 AM
Your title don't make sense. Did you mean Texas in the title? To answer what I think you are trying to say is I don't think it has any bearing if Dan did leave at the same time however Dan isn't going any where this year.

I do think there are some legs to the rumor about Saban. I give it a 40% chance he leaves. He has to think about it if Texas is wanting him and they are comming up with the money. He could build a program at Texas as good as Alabama and the road the NC will be made even easier being in the Big 12.

cheewgumm
11-06-2013, 11:39 AM
Yep, sorry. Should read When Saban goes to TEXAS....

Your title don't make sense. Did you mean Texas in the title? To answer what I think you are trying to say is I don't think it has any bearing if Dan did leave at the same time however Dan isn't going any where this year.

I do think there are some legs to the rumor about Saban. I give it a 40% chance he leaves. He has to think about it if Texas is wanting him and they are comming up with the money. He could build a program at Texas as good as Alabama and the road the NC will be made even easier being in the Big 12.

Jack Lambert
11-06-2013, 11:40 AM
Yep, sorry. Should read When Saban goes to TEXAS....

I wasn't trying to be a smart butt. I figured it out.

cheewgumm
11-06-2013, 11:42 AM
NP...I got it.

I wasn't trying to be a smart butt. I figured it out.

Dawg61
11-06-2013, 11:48 AM
Only problem is that Texas is 5-0 in the Big12 right now and sitting in 1st place. Mack Brown isn't going without a fight.

Jack Lambert
11-06-2013, 11:50 AM
Only problem is that Texas is 5-0 in the Big12 right now and sitting in 1st place. Mack Brown isn't going without a fight.

I think it doesn't matter who you are, if you have a shot at hiring Saban you go for it and Brown's recent history isn't doing him any favors.

cheewgumm
11-06-2013, 11:54 AM
He's going if Saban wants it.

I think it doesn't matter who you are, if you have a shot at hiring Saban you go for it and Brown's recent history isn't doing him any favors.

PMDawg
11-06-2013, 12:18 PM
I agree that it has legs. I don't think it has anything to do with it being an easier road to the NC. I think he just gets bored after awhile. I feel like he likes the building process better than the maintaining. Once he's got it built to a perennial contender, I don't think there's enough of a challenge there to keep him fully entertained. just my opinion.

cheewgumm
11-06-2013, 12:24 PM
Think this is right on.

I agree that it has legs. I don't think it has anything to do with it being an easier road to the NC. I think he just gets bored after awhile. I feel like he likes the building process better than the maintaining. Once he's got it built to a perennial contender, I don't think there's enough of a challenge there to keep him fully entertained. just my opinion.

Statecoachingblows**
11-06-2013, 12:29 PM
If that's the case and he were to go who does Bama go after? Or do they promote someone already on staff? I live in ride country sure would love to see their hire wind up being a flop! Doubtful but would be nice

DawgInMemphis
11-06-2013, 01:16 PM
If I were Saban I'd make sure Texas hired some sort of personal security for him. Those Bammer fans would go bananas if he left... and they're certified crazy.

biscuit
11-06-2013, 01:29 PM
IF he goes to Texas, who does Bama hire? That would be a tough follow. Who would want to deal with all that crap?

msstate7
11-06-2013, 01:43 PM
IF he goes to Texas, who does Bama hire? That would be a tough follow. Who would want to deal with all that crap?

As in a roster full of 5-stars? I'm sure there would be plenty takers. If the coach has a pulse, he'll win big for 2 years

Barking 13
11-06-2013, 02:10 PM
It all depends on if Terri can find a house in Austin she likes... probably next door to the Kang...

Martianlander
11-06-2013, 03:31 PM
If Saban goes to Texas, will Bama take his statue down?

DownwardDawg
11-06-2013, 09:12 PM

Kirby Smart. Saban has been grooming him for years. Kirby is who I'd want if we miss on Hud.

Political Hack
11-06-2013, 09:18 PM
I don't like saying never, but I think we could almost say "never" when talking about Kirby Smart and State. He'll wait for UGA or Bama. IMO, that's it for him.

Coach34
11-06-2013, 09:19 PM
Saban has as much chance of being at Armstrong Jr High next year as he does Texas

It_Could_Happen
11-07-2013, 02:48 AM

Chris Peterson

BulldogBear
11-07-2013, 05:31 AM

True, but I think the scenario playing out is allowing Brown to step down with honor and go into the AD position more so than continue coaching

Rick Danko
11-07-2013, 06:00 AM
True, but I think the scenario playing out is allowing Brown to step down with honor and go into the AD position more so than continue coaching

Pretty sure TX has already hired a new A.D. Took him from AZ State.

geotop
11-07-2013, 12:26 PM
Why in the world would Saban leave Tuscaloosa Alabamer and all those cultivated , genteel , enlightened , artsy, fine cuisine, high end shopping, mecca for business and job creation.

For .... little old Austin, Texas

Its not gonna be for the lifstyle
Its not gonna be for all the money
Its not gonna be for the chance to add to his legacy.
Its not gonna be because Univ of Texas can write any ticket it wants

No, it will be because of ALL of the ABOVE ! ! !

cheewgumm
11-07-2013, 12:33 PM
Exactly.

Why in the world would Saban leave Tuscaloosa Alabamer and all those cultivated , genteel , enlightened , artsy, fine cuisine, high end shopping, mecca for business and job creation.

For .... little on Austin, Texas

Its not gonna be for the lifstyle
Its not gonna be for all the money
Its not gonna be for the chance to add to his legacy.
Its not gonna be because Univ of Texas can write any ticket it wants

No, it will be because of ALL of the ABOVE ! ! !