PDA

View Full Version : Just watts said he was disappointed that people booed the unified front

99jc
09-11-2020, 03:55 PM
The NFL players showed last night! Get with it son, the masses are tired of BLM. Racial injustice is a bad thing but this movement will only continue to divide this nation. I don't know where this is headed but this nation is going down the shitter and fast. Maybe ole sly croom said it best Maroon is all that matters!

Lord McBuckethead
09-11-2020, 04:09 PM
Actually a large group of Texans came out of the tunnel at that moment. It was really bad timing.

99jc
09-11-2020, 04:25 PM
i heard the booing as they were standing side by side on the field...good try though!

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-11-2020, 05:29 PM
Look I have a ton of issues with BLM and I'm by no means a leftist. This comment has nothing to do with whether BLM activism is good or bad, it has to do with the logic you're using:

Yes, people booed the BLM stuff. Unpopularity of an issue doesn't mean it's wrong- most football fans in the 60s would have booed MLK, does that make his movement wrong?

And further, is BLM really "dividing the nation", or was the divide always there you just didn't have it shoved in your face? Again to go back to the late 50s and early 60's social justice movements, you could argue that MLK and other black leaders were "dividing the country" by making whites face what was happening. But I think most of us can agree the horrible racism and injustice black people were facing existed long before it was brought to the forefront and America had to deal with it.

Is racism among police a big issue? Is policing in general a big issue? Do black people still face injustices? I don't claim to know. All I'm saying is that movements for progress are often "booed" and disliked by many.

Whether BLM is good or bad isn't my point: My point is that that you can't judge a movements' merits by popular opinion

notsofarawaydawg
09-11-2020, 06:21 PM
I am proud to say I am part of the 13% viewership decrease from last years first game. Won't waste my time with them or the NBA.

chef dixon
09-11-2020, 07:09 PM
Look I have a ton of issues with BLM and I'm by no means a leftist. This comment has nothing to do with whether BLM activism is good or bad, it has to do with the logic you're using:

Yes, people booed the BLM stuff. Unpopularity of an issue doesn't mean it's wrong- most football fans in the 60s would have booed MLK, does that make his movement wrong?

And further, is BLM really "dividing the nation", or was the divide always there you just didn't have it shoved in your face? Again to go back to the late 50s and early 60's social justice movements, you could argue that MLK and other black leaders were "dividing the country" by making whites face what was happening. But I think most of us can agree the horrible racism and injustice black people were facing existed long before it was brought to the forefront and America had to deal with it.

Is racism among police a big issue? Is policing in general a big issue? Do black people still face injustices? I don't claim to know. All I'm saying is that movements for progress are often "booed" and disliked by many.

Whether BLM is good or bad isn't my point: My point is that that you can't judge a movements' merits by popular opinion

I appreciate you looking at it objectively. I find it amazing that pretty much all players across most sports and 99.9% of black people speak up about their perceived racial injustices, just to have a bunch of white armchair quarterbacks tell them "nah that's not what you've experienced so shut up and get this off my tv." Now its clear you can get bogged down in some of the politics of it, for instance focusing on BLM the organization, but most of these players and people don't give 2 shits about the actual organization. You don't have to like it or watch it, but the fact it bothers so many people to a degree shows that a problem exists.

DLGDawg
09-11-2020, 07:46 PM
I appreciate you looking at it objectively. I find it amazing that pretty much all players across most sports and 99.9% of black people speak up about their perceived racial injustices, just to have a bunch of white armchair quarterbacks tell them "nah that's not what you've experienced so shut up and get this off my tv." Now its clear you can get bogged down in some of the politics of it, for instance focusing on BLM the organization, but most of these players and people don't give 2 shits about the actual organization. You don't have to like it or watch it, but the fact it bothers so many people to a degree shows that a problem exists.

I don't want to see the BLM organization ride the coattails of a legitimate movement and gain popularity/strength. People need to give 2 💩 and pay attention and educate themselves so an organization that is anti American (IMO) is not blindly followed without knowing what's most important to THAT organization.

I want any and all racial injustices eradicated.!!!

Liverpooldawg
09-11-2020, 07:49 PM
Actually a large group of Texans came out of the tunnel at that moment. It was really bad timing.

The video says it was while both teams did their little protest. Interesting that you want to believe otherwise.

Todd4State
09-11-2020, 07:51 PM
Maybe the people that showed up wanted to see a football game and not a protest?

Jarius
09-11-2020, 08:20 PM
The fans are disappointed that they have to see virtue signaling and protesting about things they disagree with constantly in sports that they pay to be entertained with. Free speech goes both ways. It was the lowest rated Opening day NFL Game in 10 years. People are tired of people like JJ Watt thinking anyone gives a shit what their world view happens to be.

Todd4State
09-11-2020, 08:43 PM
The fans are disappointed that they have to see virtue signaling and protesting about things they disagree with constantly in sports that they pay to be entertained with. Free speech goes both ways. It was the lowest rated Opening day NFL Game in 10 years. People are tired of people like JJ Watt thinking anyone gives a shit what their world view happens to be.

What's amazing to me is in a country of 320 million people there are people that are surprised that some disagree with them.

My advice to those people is to be as good a person as you can be and expect people to screw up.

Leeshouldveflanked
09-11-2020, 09:06 PM
Swimming pools kill ten times as many unarmed black people than cops.

Skydawg1
09-11-2020, 10:03 PM
The video says it was while both teams did their little protest. Interesting that you want to believe otherwise.The booing starts immediately after the PA guy asks for "moment of silence" for social injustice (or whatever). Then while still booing...announcer thanks the "crowd". haha

Jarius
09-11-2020, 10:07 PM

Nevermind. God bless.

dawgoneyall
09-11-2020, 11:47 PM

So you are on the fence about a group supporting Marxism?

Interesting......

grandprairiedog
09-12-2020, 12:05 AM

Interesting......

Always trying to make it about something that it's not. Where would you stand if there was no BLM, just everyday people asking, requesting and demanding equality for ALL? Yep just what I figured, you find a different political angle to try and derail the real cause.

redstickdawg
09-12-2020, 08:01 AM
Always trying to make it about something that it's not. Where would you stand if there was no BLM, just everyday people asking, requesting and demanding equality for ALL? Yep just what I figured, you find a different political angle to try and derail the real cause.

do you want equality for all in terms of opportunity or outcome? There's a huge difference in the 2.

coastratdog
09-12-2020, 08:09 AM
RIP Keffer McGee.

No lower, middle, upper class person gives two sh!ts what an over paid athlete cares about. If you want social justice then go into the black neighborhoods of these inner cities, ie Jackson, MS, lock arms and walk the streets. At night!!!!

Or even better. Everyone one of the protesting players take a ride with a cop on their shift in those neighborhoods.

dawgoneyall
09-12-2020, 01:24 PM

Hey Einstein there is a BLM....a very marxist, police hating organization.

Yep, right all this BS isn't political.

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-12-2020, 01:48 PM

Interesting......

Thats one of the things i take issue with, yes. Also we have no idea whats happening to the money they receive as theyre several years behind on disclosing info for their tax exempt status. They have to do that soon or they'll loose it, and I'm very interested to see where the money goes. I also take issue with them focusing on cops killing blacks, as thats statistically not a huge issue (Harvard study showed that black cops were actually just as likely to shoot blacks as white cops, and that unarmed blacks arent shot all that often). Rather, I wish BLM focused on the higher rates of stereotyping they receive, cops being more likely to use force on them than whites, sentencing being harsher on blacks, poor black areas having less funded police forces which allows crime to flourish, poor black areas having less funded schools which makes it very hard for a generation to rise above what their parents lived in, and the million issues with policing in general:

Civil Forfeiture is somehow a thing, cops have very little training, police unions are way too powerful, police are the ones investigating their own for wrongdoing so they almost always sweep that under the rug, local DAs that have to work with said local police are the ones who have to prosecute them which makes DAs afraid to do so, and according to the FBI white nationalism has infiltrated police.

But sure, BLM was founded by a marxist, therefor everything they stand for and talk about is to be vehemently opposed. Theres no reason at all to ask "why do such a high percentage of law abiding blacks have issues with police compared to law abiding whites, and why do they still feel persecuted?". Nope. Theres a tie to marxism so lets shut off our brains and oppose them on everything....

Maroonthirteen
09-12-2020, 02:25 PM
The video says it was while both teams did their little protest. Interesting that you want to believe otherwise.

Supposedly, the video board at the stadium was displaying BLM and or "social justice" messages and then the boos started.

R2Dawg
09-12-2020, 06:30 PM
The booing starts immediately after the PA guy asks for "moment of silence" for social injustice (or whatever). Then while still booing...announcer thanks the "crowd". haha

God forgive us. We can't pray to the Creator of the Universe or sing the national anthem but we can have a moment of silence for some types of social justice but not others? We've now entered the Twilght Zone.

Offshore Dawg
09-12-2020, 09:10 PM
I'm not interested in what some over paid to play a kids game primadonas think. Especially when they don't understand what a group represents.
Don't disrespect the flag and all it stands for, in other words "<17>" em.

GreenheadDawg
09-13-2020, 08:22 AM
Until BLM give a shit about the thousands of blacks shot by other blacks, their social injustice and systemic racism argument is BS. This has nothing to do with racism or police brutality. This is Marxist, communist organization that wants to see the country burn.

Saltydog
09-13-2020, 09:35 AM
They should arm themselves against those damn swimming pools........

Saltydog
09-13-2020, 09:47 AM
Yep and it's as simple as that.......All the other bs is just a smoke screen.....

Lord McBuckethead
09-13-2020, 11:15 AM

Sorry, I was referring to when the texans came back out after the anthem. They did apparently boo during the moment of silence as well.

I missed the unity moment, but I fully support unity and full and protections under the law. Everyone that booed can go 17 themselves.

Lord McBuckethead
09-13-2020, 11:19 AM
Until BLM give a shit about the thousands of blacks shot by other blacks, their social injustice and systemic racism argument is BS. This has nothing to do with racism or police brutality. This is Marxist, communist organization that wants to see the country burn.

You do understand that the murder and mistreatment by our government systems and personnel is different than citizen on citizen violence, right? There shouldn't be preconditions on their fight for equal protections under theblaw ofba free society.

Now i fully agree that the black community needs to do a damn better job at not committing violent crimes both inside their communities and in the greater society. To say anything different is stupid.