PDA

View Full Version : My product update lasermax guide rod setup

Lariverdog
11-06-2013, 11:09 AM
We have a hog problem on occasion and I wanted to have the option to use a handgun as a method to rain carnage on the swine population. If I could have found a tactical .45, I would have bought one 2 weeks ago.

So what I did was find, purchase, and install a lasermax rod guide setup on my Glock 23.

Cons: can be a bit pricey ( cheaper than a new gun tho)
It takes and adjustment to go from looking at sights to a dot, but this is an advantage I'll discuss further.
Cannot see red dot in bright sunlight.
Pros: The target acquisition is much faster once you get used to it. With older eyes, you no longer have to focus on rear sight, front sight, and target. It's now just one red dot.
Incredibly accurate. 25 yards is dead and I mean dead on.
If you find yourself in a home protection mode, nothing says you are screwed more than seeing a red dot appear on your chest.

Political Hack
11-06-2013, 11:35 AM
If not for the price, I'd definitely get one. I've got a Glock 31, which isn't going to stop a hog immediately unless it's a clean shot. Being that close to a pissed off and injured hog isn't fun.

BeastMan
11-06-2013, 11:49 AM
That sounds awesome. Question about the hog hunting though. Do you do it from horseback or in a shooting house or do you shoot them that close from the ground?

FISHDAWG
11-06-2013, 01:17 PM
9mm or .45 acp both have a tough time getting through a hogs brisket ... if you insist on a handgun for this task you're better suited with .44 mag or maybe .45 long colt ..... I've seen that brisket even turn a 30-06 from a front quartering forward shot

Lariverdog
11-06-2013, 04:08 PM
That sounds awesome. Question about the hog hunting though. Do you do it from horseback or in a shooting house or do you shoot them that close from the ground?

From a tree stand. If I want to kill for a roasting, I use the 7mm mag. With the Glock, I'm just hoping to mortally wound as many as possible.