PDA

View Full Version : How We Can Play for 4 Quarters...

JeanPeesSittingDown
11-06-2013, 10:47 AM
Ok, so I slept on this idea and really had some time to think about it. I believe that we can play four full quarters WITHOUT getting rid of Dan.

From what I have seen in our games, there is no fire, no emotion and no heart in the second half. Part of this is to blame on the position coaches, but obviously part of it falls on the players. We need our team to get pumped up coming into the second half, and get that "swagger" back that they show in the first half.

How do we get our players pumped up and sustain a high level of swagger throughout the game?

Simple- We need to hire Trooper Taylor.

Think about it, yall. When he started to swing the towel around his head for Auburn, the whole team rallied around him! This is what we need at MSU! Someone to get the people going. I believe that would solve A LOT of our "4 quarters problem".

Scott needs to get on the phone and call Trooper up. I mean seriously what's this guy doing now? Don't think he's coaching D-I??? I bet he would do it for pennies on the dollar!

TheRef
11-06-2013, 10:48 AM
But we have the Hype Squad on the sidelines with their grey shirts.

ShotgunDawg
11-06-2013, 10:51 AM
Ok, so I slept on this idea and really had some time to think about it. I believe that we can play four full quarters WITHOUT getting rid of Dan.

From what I have seen in our games, there is no fire, no emotion and no heart in the second half. Part of this is to blame on the position coaches, but obviously part of it falls on the players. We need our team to get pumped up coming into the second half, and get that "swagger" back that they show in the first half.

How do we get our players pumped up and sustain a high level of swagger throughout the game?

Simple- We need to hire Trooper Taylor.

Think about it, yall. When he started to swing the towel around his head for Auburn, the whole team rallied around him! This is what we need at MSU! Someone to get the people going. I believe that would solve A LOT of our "4 quarters problem".

Scott needs to get on the phone and call Trooper up. I mean seriously what's this guy doing now? Don't think he's coaching D-I??? I bet he would do it for pennies on the dollar!

Not disagreeing because I think Trooper Taylor would be a great hire. But, with Bracky and Strick, hiring Trooper would be like trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. Pretty sure Bracky would put the Kibosh on that.

What we really need to do, is nut up, come out in the 3rd quarter and run our best plays. Zone read someone to death on the first drive of the 3rd quarter and get some positive momentum going.

TrapGame
11-06-2013, 10:51 AM
How bout Orgeron ripping his shirt off on the sideline and swinging it around his head speaking in his authentic Swamp Gibberish.

starkvegasdawg
11-06-2013, 10:53 AM
But we have the Hype Squad on the sidelines with their grey shirts.

Beat me to it.

Instead of a coach waving a towel we need one with a big boot on his foot swinging it at players' butts. Maybe if enough of them get one planted so far up the old Hershey highway that it needs to be surgically removed some sense of urgency will return. That goes for some of the coaches too.

OzarkaNSW
11-06-2013, 10:54 AM
The bigger issue here, is that you slept on an idea to make sure whether you should post it on a message board or not

TheRef
11-06-2013, 10:55 AM
How bout Orgeron ripping his shirt off on the sideline and swinging it around his head speaking in his authentic Swamp Gibberish.

http://i.imgur.com/uvZHGKO.gif

MarketingBully01
11-06-2013, 10:59 AM
We need to quit letting teams get momentum by scoring on their last drive. We finally did that and then we bungled our last drive. We came out in the second half running the football like you guys wanted and what happens? Dak fumbles the ball. It's just been one big mistake after the other. Hard to get pumped up when that crap happens. Hard on a defense too when the opposing team is given a short field. In fact, I would say every time we turn it over the opposing team has scored at least 3 except for that last turnover by Robert Johnson. Someone needs to produce a stat on points off turnovers ours vs our opponents. I will gaurentee you it's a lot to a little.

quickstrike2
11-06-2013, 11:17 AM
Bracky just shit a brick at the thought of the idea.

TheRef
11-06-2013, 11:20 AM
Bracky just shit a brick at the thought of the idea.

Will Redmond has been suspended 5 more games for rumors of Trooper Taylor being hired at MSU. Further repercussions coming soon.

Goat Holder
11-06-2013, 11:22 AM
While sort of funny, your post is pretty ignorant.

You get four quarters of play from good senior/veteran leadership. We don't really have that this year. We have some good seniors, but the team as a whole is still very young. Even a lot of the juniors play like freshmen/sophomores. We got a bunch of guys that need to grow the **** up. I'm hoping another year does that for them.

Original48
11-06-2013, 11:24 AM
I think the answer is simple..don't go to the locker room at half time. Stay on the sideline. Occasionally send the offensive unit onto the field (timed with band entrances and exits). Run plays. Call a lot of time outs and bring the offensive unit to the sideline to discuss play calling options. Utilize fake TV timeouts as well. Anything to make the third quarter get here faster. Even when the band is out there, send out your goal line D and have them line up in the endzone for a 4th and goal at the 1. Simulate the play clock expiring, or a false start by the offensive right guard. The entire defense can point at him and go crazy and celebrate the false start. The ghost team then settles for a field goal and the coaches pat the guys on the helmet as they exit the field for holding them to 3. Our two point conversion team could get a lot of work in during halftime as well. Do that crazy play where the entire line goes far left. Then simulate the ghost defensive and coaching staff being confused at the alignment and calling timeout. And before you know it, 20 minutes has past and we are ready for the 3rd quarter. Of course, our guys won't have a clue we've gone to the second half yet because we have not gone to the locker room. Problem solved.

TheRef
11-06-2013, 11:26 AM
I think the answer is simple..don't go to the locker room at half time. Stay on the sideline. Occasionally send the offensive unit onto the field (timed with band entrances and exits). Run plays. Call a lot of time outs and bring the offensive unit to the sideline to discuss play calling options. Utilize fake TV timeouts as well. Anything to make the third quarter get here faster. Even when the band is out there, send out your goal line D and have them line up in the endzone for a 4th and goal at the 1. Simulate the play clock expiring, or a false start by the offensive right guard. The entire defense can point at him and go crazy and celebrate the false start. The ghost team then settles for a field goal and the coaches pat the guys on the helmet as they exit the field for holding them to 3. Our two point conversion team could get a lot of work in during halftime as well. Do that crazy play where the entire line goes far left. Then simulate the ghost defensive and coaching staff being confused at the alignment and calling timeout. And before you know it, 20 minutes has past and we are ready for the 3rd quarter. Of course, our guys won't have a clue we've gone to the second half yet because we have not gone to the locker room. Problem solved.

http://images.wikia.com/thehungergames/images/f/fd/1346839458-auto-dafuq-dafuq-did-i-just-read-200165.jpeg

drummerdawg
11-06-2013, 11:37 AM
I don't think they are lacking fire and passion. I believe its a mental thing and they are thinking to much. Maybe Dan needs to go in the locker room at halftime and not even talk football, maybe tell them a joke or something idk. Like in the movie the sandlot when Benny tells smalls he thinks to much and to just have fun. Most of our problems this year haven't been schemes or play calling as much as its been mental mistakes (dropped passes, false starts, taking sacks, missed fg's, ext..) I really think everybody is trying hard to turn things around but I think its puting too much pressure on everyone and its hard for especially younger players to perform when they are being counted on so much. So I guess I would have a game plan and then at halftime just try to get the guys loose and tell them to just go out and play football and have a good time doing it. I think its all mental.

quickstrike2
11-06-2013, 11:48 AM
I think they need to just man up and play the whole damn game. The coaches need to man up and make adjustments. Instead its been alot of, oh well boys we are down 10 its over, we will figure it out next week.

JeanPeesSittingDown
11-06-2013, 11:54 AM
Trooper + Dan combo would be deadly. He can fix the mentality of the team AND get them fired up. Steve needs to get on this ASAP.

Statecoachingblows**
11-06-2013, 12:07 PM
A light mood may be good at times but we are at the point of fighting for a bowl game. The let loose joke around time at the half are gone. Nows the time for put up or shut up. If our coaches can't provide enough motivation to understand what's at stake for the second half of each game remaining we are in trouble. The remainder of the season has to be approached like its the NCAA tournament win or go home mentality. that should have started back in September but better late than never.