PDA

View Full Version : It is about time for our MSU media to have access to practice.

Lord McBuckethead
09-09-2020, 08:19 AM
All media to maintain a long distance from players, but I do believe it is time to allow them to bring the fans some inside info from camp.

NWADAWG
09-09-2020, 08:31 AM
All media to maintain a long distance from players, but I do believe it is time to allow them to bring the fans some inside info from camp.

I would think that if you let in any media, you would have to let in all media. If I'm coach, I would never let in all media.

Also, I would make sure the Reflector or someone had a bakers dozen worth of "media" sports reporters that could be at every open practice in the conference.

ShotgunDawg
09-09-2020, 08:49 AM
I’ve always felt the way football practice was handled by college football teams was beyond dumb and a missed marketing opportunity.

NFL beat writers can attend every practice but there are rules in place: no video, no injury reporting during practice, etc.

It allows the beat writers to do their jobs and allows the team to get more publicity.

Huge missed opportunity for the SEC Network as well as they could air some scrimmages

Makes no sense to me

ScoobaDawg
09-09-2020, 09:31 AM
https://sports.yahoo.com/report-espn-removes-hank-williams-jr-from-monday-night-football-intro-222533577.html

ShotgunDawg
09-09-2020, 09:40 AM
https://sports.yahoo.com/report-espn-removes-hank-williams-jr-from-monday-night-football-intro-222533577.html

Pure insanity. You go woke, you go broke

BeardoMSU
09-09-2020, 09:44 AM

Little Richard > H.W.jr

ShotgunDawg
09-09-2020, 09:46 AM
Little Richard > H.W.jr

That’s debatable, but the reasoning didn’t have that in mind

StarkVegasSteve
09-09-2020, 10:41 AM
I've got no problem with them not letting media in. Hell most of the time media only got to watch the first 10-15 minutes of practice anyways so what are they actually missing? Seeing if Malik Heath stretches well or if Costello is sharp on his warm up throws. If I'm a HC I don't give a rats ass about a practice/scrimmage marketing my team. I'll let the actual on field results do that.

BeastMan
09-09-2020, 10:43 AM
They don’t need access to report

Extendedcab
09-09-2020, 11:14 AM

Amen!, rep given!

hp22
09-09-2020, 11:52 AM
I think it was on the T&L podcast but I thought it was an interesting idea to to open up the final scrimmage to fans for a trial run. You would have to cap attendance but I do think people would show up. Interesting idea and probably too late to pull off.

StarkVegasSteve
09-09-2020, 01:30 PM
I think it was on the T&L podcast but I thought it was an interesting idea to to open up the final scrimmage to fans for a trial run. You would have to cap attendance but I do think people would show up. Interesting idea and probably too late to pull off.

It's definitely not a bad idea. But you'd have to limit it to season ticket holders and I feel like they'd have needed to send something out before now to do something like that. Interesting idea though definitely.

Liverpooldawg
09-09-2020, 01:37 PM
I'd say if the coach wants closed practices that is what he should get.

Cooterpoot
09-09-2020, 01:51 PM
Yeah, I'm fine with closed practice

ScoobaDawg
09-09-2020, 02:09 PM
Woops... posted that in wrong thread.

And on the right subject... I agree.. keep it closed down to a bubble best they can for now if we want a season.

BiscuitEater
09-09-2020, 03:33 PM
Little Richard > H.W.jr

errr.. H.W. Jr. = Monday Night Football. Little Richard is NOT!!

BeardoMSU
09-09-2020, 05:56 PM
errr.. H.W. Jr. = Monday Night Football. Little Richard is NOT!!

Eh, only because it's been the song for years. Things change. Personally, I consider him the country equivalent of Nickle Back, if not shittier, tbh. Not saying Little Richard is the best choice for MNF, but there are certainly better options out there than just "keeping the same song" out of trudishuns.

Also, Little Richard IS Rock'n'Roll, and legitimately so. He didn't come into music 'cause his daddy paved the way for him to be a shitty/poppy/cheesy facsimile because he happened to have the same last name as a legend.

BrunswickDawg
09-10-2020, 07:35 AM
Eh, only because it's been the song for years. Things change. Personally, I consider him the country equivalent of Nickle Back, if not shittier, tbh. Not saying Little Richard is the best choice for MNF, but there are certainly better options out there than just "keeping the same song" out of trudishuns.

Also, Little Richard IS Rock'n'Roll, and legitimately so. He didn't come into music 'cause his daddy paved the way for him to be a shitty/poppy/cheesy facsimile because he happened to have the same last name as a legend.

Don't you mean Fammmmilllyyyy Trudishuuuuuunnnnssssss??

BeardoMSU
09-10-2020, 08:27 AM
Don't you mean Fammmmilllyyyy Trudishuuuuuunnnnssssss??

lolz

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to BrunswickDawg again.

Gordon Gekko
09-10-2020, 11:42 AM
Practice should stay closed. LSU is going to be off guard when they realize Leach’s philosophy is now the wish bone instead of air raid.

StarkVegasSteve
09-10-2020, 11:50 AM
Practice should stay closed. LSU is going to be off guard when they realize Leach’s philosophy is now the wish bone instead of air raid.

Now all I want in this world is for Leach to run Bone 26 power the first play and let the national media lose their minds.

DLGDawg
09-10-2020, 09:10 PM
Now all I want in this world is for Leach to run Bone 26 power the first play and let the national media lose their minds.

Ha. That would be awesome. Ogre would let loose a string of words that no one could understand except the first 3 and the last 2.....

That's not the .?}*?|*^#}<|?whutHeSay?+{?,],?\+]??[?.!!~?\'. air raid!!!!!
LOL.

Todd4State
09-10-2020, 10:56 PM
Maybe they would have more access if writers like Horka wouldn't write bullshit like his story about Michael Story last year that got all of the media kicked out.

Lord McBuckethead
09-11-2020, 07:36 AM
Very good point. That was the dumbest reporting i have seen.

FISHDAWG
09-11-2020, 07:59 AM

Little Richard sucks and is not rock and roll ... just as HWJ isn't rock and roll but he did have WAY better music

AROB44
09-11-2020, 10:11 AM
Little Richard sucks and is not rock and roll ... just as HWJ isn't rock and roll but he did have WAY better music

You really believe this? If so, you must not know the true roots of R&R.

BeardoMSU
09-11-2020, 02:49 PM

Is this an attempt at satire, lol?

Jarius
09-12-2020, 06:05 PM
After today’s media opportunity with Leach I disagree that they deserve anything. They asked about 6 questions about the 3rd string quarterback moved to wide receiver Who will never see the field instead of actual questions fans wanted answered. Really stupid questions today.