09-02-2020, 01:33 PM
https://twitter.com/HailStateFB/status/1301213990983364608

ShotgunDawg
09-02-2020, 01:43 PM
Moorhead quotes others. Leach quotes himself

ZedFedder
09-02-2020, 02:11 PM

Yuppp. Thanks for embedding it! We will see how things shake out, but... this might end up being a match made in heaven.

ScoobaDawg
09-02-2020, 06:27 PM

He did it boys.. He did it!!!

KOdawg1
09-02-2020, 06:59 PM
It takes a lot to get me fired up, but I'm ready to run through a wall after that. We have a real football coach now boys.

WinningIsRelentless
09-02-2020, 07:26 PM
Jesus Christ he needs to be a little more intense. He almost put me to sleep.

bulldawg28
09-02-2020, 07:38 PM
We're going to be fine!

Todd4State
09-02-2020, 07:50 PM
I hope MSU puts out content like this all year long. I really enjoyed this!

I will say that I think Leach fits us a lot better than I expected. I always kind of pictured him as a hippy.

lastmajordog
09-02-2020, 07:58 PM
“WE got to get a consistent work ethic...” Mike Leach

Do it Big DOG...!!!!!!!!!!!!!

msu15
09-02-2020, 10:21 PM
Jesus Christ he needs to be a little more intense. He almost put me to sleep.

Loser post

R2Dawg
09-03-2020, 02:32 PM
I hope MSU puts out content like this all year long. I really enjoyed this!

I will say that I think Leach fits us a lot better than I expected. I always kind of pictured him as a hippy.

Agree. You can see he is a proven winner and knows what it takes to win. Sharp and always thinking to make moves to give an advantage to win. Dude we are gonna win. 5 years from now, we'll say Dan who? What an upgrade over Joe, wow!

ZedFedder
09-03-2020, 03:42 PM
I expect similar W-L to Mullen. Dan Mullen is one of the best coaches in the entire country, let’s not count the chickens before any eggs hatch.

Todd4State
09-03-2020, 04:45 PM
I expect similar W-L to Mullen. Dan Mullen is one of the best coaches in the entire country, let’s not count the chickens before any eggs hatch.

If he can avoid the 6-6 season every three to four years and pull off one upset every 2-3 years he could average one more win a year better than Dan when everything come out in the wash.

Maroonthirteen
09-03-2020, 04:48 PM
This would be a good season to film new episodes of "Relentless". Obviously under a new title.

Maroonthirteen
09-03-2020, 04:51 PM

Yep. Mullen is a great coach. Leach is a great coach. Leach will be just north of .500 at MSU. However it will be an exciting brand of ball and maybe a really good story. If Rogers can become an allsec player.

gravedigger
09-03-2020, 07:22 PM

Moorhead is tall. Leach is short.

TrapGame
09-03-2020, 07:37 PM

I expect better because Mike Leach won't be prostituting himself every November.

Commercecomet24
09-03-2020, 09:49 PM
I've found the most successful people are independent free thinkers who are outside the box. Leach is that, Jackie was that, the great ones generally are. He gets the state of Mississippi and Mississippi State. He's always chosen small town schools as a head coach, Lubbock, Pullman and now Starkville. He's a guy who doesn't mind being the David to everyone else's Goliath. He's a lot like we are and I appreciate that! I think he's gonna win here, may take some time to get the guys he needs but I know one thing from what I've heard, the loafing half assing days from the players are gone for good. Hail the Pirate!

ShotgunDawg
09-03-2020, 09:57 PM
I've found the most successful people are independent free thinkers who are outside the box. Leach is that, Jackie was that, the great ones generally are. He gets the state of Mississippi and Mississippi State. He's always chosen small town schools as a head coach, Lubbock, Pullman and now Starkville. He's a guy who doesn't mind being the David to everyone else's Goliath. He's a lot like we are and I appreciate that! I think he's gonna win here, may take some time to get the guys he needs but I know one thing from what I've heard, the loafing half assing days from the players are gone for good. Hail the Pirate!

Malcolm Gladwell has a few good podcasts on this.

He terms that trait as “disagreeable”

It doesn’t works in every industry but is very prevalent among successful business owners, coaches, & innovators in every industry. In other industry’s however, agreeableness/political is the best way to get ahead

He has a number of cases to present his point.

He talks about it a lot but here’s a quick snippet

https://youtu.be/9tcCxfJ1QcA

Commercecomet24
09-03-2020, 10:02 PM
Malcolm Gladwell has a few good podcasts on this.

He terms that trait as ?disagreeable?

It doesn?t works in every industry but is very prevalent among successful business owners, coaches, & innovators in every industry. In other industry?s however, agreeableness/political is the best way to get ahead

He has a number of cases to present his point.

He talks about it a lot but here?s a quick snippet

https://youtu.be/9tcCxfJ1QcA

Good stuff, Gun. Appreciate you posting that video. I've never seen this guy but I've listened to others with similar ideas. It's so easy to just do what everyone else is doing but the truly successful create their own way. I
Love Leachs approach.

ETA but like you said can't work in every profession.