PDA

View Full Version : Press Conference - Tony Hughes

hp22
09-02-2020, 12:42 AM
https://youtu.be/EU8w0iZSEKw

This was a great press conference. The first 10 minutes were informative on our secondary. I think he likes the top 3 but multiple people have to step up as after that.

The last 6 minutes were also first class. Glad to have him represent MSU.

After practice press conferences are typically posted on the hailstate youtube channel around 10pm after practice. Yall probably known that but in case anyone doesn't know where to find them..

R2Dawg
09-03-2020, 12:01 PM
https://youtu.be/EU8w0iZSEKw

This was a great press conference. The first 10 minutes were informative on our secondary. I think he likes the top 3 but multiple people have to step up as after that.

The last 6 minutes were also first class. Glad to have him represent MSU.

After practice press conferences are typically posted on the hailstate youtube channel around 10pm after practice. Yall probably known that but in case anyone doesn't know where to find them..

I was really impressed by our student athletes. Horka tried to trip them up (he is a real piece of work) on the racial/social justice stuff and they handled it like professionals. I loved Fred Peter's response. Shut the press question down cold in his tracks. Pickering handled it well too. These guys just ready to play some football and go to work. I gotta say, you can hear and see the difference with this staff and the problems with the last staff. Night and day. I'm feeling better and better going forward.

hp22
09-03-2020, 12:36 PM
I was really impressed by our student athletes. Horka tried to trip them up (he is a real piece of work) on the racial/social justice stuff and they handled it like professionals. I loved Fred Peter's response. Shut the press question down cold in his tracks. Pickering handled it well too. These guys just ready to play some football and go to work. I gotta say, you can hear and see the difference with this staff and the problems with the last staff. Night and day. I'm feeling better and better going forward.

I strongly agree with this too. I feel all of the student athletes have been impressive and their responses to that specific question were thoughtful and well said.

I'm excited about the future. And I can't wait to see the product on the field.

Commercecomet24
09-03-2020, 12:52 PM

Our players obviously have some strong leadership. They're going about this the right way. My son knows Nathan well and the guy is a top notch individual and leader. I shudder to think what would be happening now if joe was still here.

msu15
09-03-2020, 02:07 PM
Our players obviously have some strong leadership. They're going about this the right way. My son knows Nathan well and the guy is a top notch individual and leader. I shudder to think what would be happening now if joe was still here.

To me that is so important for us in recruiting. Obviously we need all the talent that we can get, but we also need those kids to have a strong work ethic and high character to play at MSU. We have enough uphill battles as it is, don't need to have to worry about on the field and off the field shenanigans.

Commercecomet24
09-03-2020, 02:10 PM
To me that is so important for us in recruiting. Obviously we need all the talent that we can get, but we also need those kids to have a strong work ethic and high character to play at MSU. We have enough uphill battles as it is, don't need to have to worry about on the field and off the field shenanigans.

Exactly! And while Coach Leach leans to the right he obviously is a big proponent of free speech and individuality, which in this day and time is more important than it May have ever been.

ETA my apologies if this statement is to political and mods feel free to delete

BrunswickDawg
09-03-2020, 03:04 PM
Exactly! And while Coach Leach leans to the right he obviously is a big proponent of free speech and individuality, which in this day and time is more important than it May have ever been.

ETA my apologies if this statement is to political and mods feel free to delete

That's why I thought Leach's tweet last week about the team taking the day to talk was so important. Leach recognizes and understands these kids, and if he was OK with taking a day and reflecting on what was going on in the outside world then I'm all for it (whether I agree with the cause or the substance or not). Great Coaches use those moments and frankly, they are some of our best teachers in those moments. If you ever had one of those great coaches, you know exactly what I'm talking about. They build teams, they build character, and they build adults who make our society great. I had one at my high school - and there are about 30 years worth of students from my school who would run through hell itself to help that man if he ever needed it.

Commercecomet24
09-03-2020, 03:09 PM
That's why I thought Leach's tweet last week about the team taking the day to talk was so important. Leach recognizes and understands these kids, and if he was OK with taking a day and reflecting on what was going on in the outside world then I'm all for it (whether I agree with the cause or the substance or not). Great Coaches use those moments and frankly, they are some of our best teachers in those moments. If you ever had one of those great coaches, you know exactly what I'm talking about. They build teams, they build character, and they build adults who make our society great. I had one at my high school - and there are about 30 years worth of students from my school who would run through hell itself to help that man if he ever needed it.

You just said a mouthful brother! Very well said!

MaroonFlounder
09-03-2020, 05:46 PM
The reason I can't cuss Joe Moorhead. He brought back Tony Hughes to the staff. The best thing he did in 2 years. And thank God Mike Leach retained him.

msbulldog
09-04-2020, 06:17 AM
The reason I can't cuss Joe Moorhead. He brought back Tony Hughes to the staff. The best thing he did in 2 years. And thank God Mike Leach retained him.

I think Cohen clued CML in that he needed Tony Hughes for Mississippi recruiting.