PDA

View Full Version : First game of the season Troy - ULM postponed

ScoobaDawg
08-27-2020, 02:43 PM
due to covid outbreak with ULM...

Hopefully not a sign of things to come...

https://twitter.com/PeteThamel/status/1299069525078532096

Jack Lambert
08-27-2020, 03:02 PM
There is still a game Saturday. We have to accept that there will be postponed or canceled games but the season will be played.

Mobile Bay
08-27-2020, 03:07 PM
There is still a game Saturday. We have to accept that there will be postponed or canceled games but the season will be played.

I think I saw where the SEC is picking division winners based on winning percentage this year on the assumption not all games will be played.

Leeshouldveflanked
08-27-2020, 03:15 PM
The $5 15 minute Abbott test can?t get here soon enough

Homedawg
08-27-2020, 03:30 PM
The $5 15 minute Abbott test can?t get here soon enough

I don't see how that helps?? Being around someone w it doesnt cause an immediate positive might be days. And our boy dobbs still has us on 14 day quarantine for all those who have been in contact with. of course only us and ole miss have 14 days. The rest of the league has 10......

BeardoMSU
08-27-2020, 03:33 PM
I think I saw where the SEC is picking division winners based on winning percentage this year on the assumption not all games will be played.

So let's beat LSU, shut the season down, and be good and healthy for the SEC Championship game.**

BrunswickDawg
08-27-2020, 03:39 PM
I don't see how that helps?? Being around someone w it doesnt cause an immediate positive might be days. And our boy dobbs still has us on 14 day quarantine for all those who have been in contact with. of course only us and ole miss have 14 days. The rest of the league has 10......

Because when you have a cheap rapid test, you can isolate faster and test daily - which means that you won't have to quarantine needlessly based on contact. When the test is available widely, you will see Dobbs relax the quarantine guidelines.

Homedawg
08-27-2020, 04:25 PM
Because when you have a cheap rapid test, you can isolate faster and test daily - which means that you won't have to quarantine needlessly based on contact. When the test is available widely, you will see Dobbs relax the quarantine guidelines.

At what point do you stop the quarantine?? After 6 days w no positive test?? how many i'm curious. ................And I'm not disagreeing, asking. And how far off is that test???

Todd4State
08-27-2020, 04:39 PM
First game is this weekend- Austin Peay vs Central Arkansas.

First D-1 game is USM vs South Alabama September 3. If those happen we're good.