08-27-2020, 09:23 AM
Wow. Not what I expected at all.

Same.

defiantdog
08-27-2020, 09:25 AM
Most are against this, but KT should've changed positions

AmiteDog
08-27-2020, 09:46 AM
Just because a player enters the portal and transfers doesn?t automatically make them a good player. KT played 2 adequate games that both happened to result in wins and folks made him out to be much better than his stats actually showed.

BrunswickDawg
08-27-2020, 09:56 AM
I'm not surprised at all. I'm sure KT is a good kid, and he did win a big game for us a Freshman. But, nothing in the limited amount of passing we've seen from him said to me that he was as good as a lot of posters have wanted him to be.
Yes, he won in HS and had flashy numbers - but so do most QB's coming to P5 programs. Most of them do not pan out.

Homedawg
08-27-2020, 10:02 AM
Wow. Not what I expected at all.

I never thought he'd win that job. KT that is.

StarkVegasSteve
08-27-2020, 10:06 AM
KT just isn't a very good QB. Just like Nick Fitzgerald wasn't a very good QB, and Chris Relf wasn't a very good QB, and Tim Tebow wasn't a very good QB. Dan Mullen has the ability to mask his QBs weaknesses better than almost any coach in the country. Hell even Dak in 2013 and 14 wasn't a very good QB. The difference is that he took his game to a level no one thought he could in 2015.

IMO, KT should've stayed and tried to play WR. He's a great athlete, but his future was never at the QB position under anyone other than Dan Mullen.

FISHDAWG
08-27-2020, 10:11 AM
anything can change during the season ... I'm pulling hard for the guy

Leroy Jenkins
08-27-2020, 10:14 AM
I never thought he'd win that job. KT that is.

He transferred to one of the least talented QB rooms in P5. I'm curious, who did you think was going to win the job?

Hambone
08-27-2020, 10:33 AM
But but but.... he should have been the starter here over Fitzgerald.....

Some people just don’t know football

Offshore Dawg
08-27-2020, 11:18 AM
Unless you are running the triple option a QB must be able to complete passes. Even then you have to be able to take advantage of passing opportunities.

Homedawg
08-27-2020, 11:57 AM
He transferred to one of the least talented QB rooms in P5. I'm curious, who did you think was going to win the job?

Kt isn't a power 5 starting qb. Period. So whoever else is there

bostondawg
08-27-2020, 12:36 PM
KT just isn't a very good QB. Just like Nick Fitzgerald wasn't a very good QB, and Chris Relf wasn't a very good QB, and Tim Tebow wasn't a very good QB. Dan Mullen has the ability to mask his QBs weaknesses better than almost any coach in the country. Hell even Dak in 2013 and 14 wasn't a very good QB. The difference is that he took his game to a level no one thought he could in 2015.

IMO, KT should've stayed and tried to play WR. He's a great athlete, but his future was never at the QB position under anyone other than Dan Mullen.

I think this is the correct take.

Dan has an unbelievable ability to take guys who never sniff an NFL practice squad and turn them into serviceable college starters. Not every college can do that. It takes a lot of patience, but it takes even more scheme.

ZedFedder
08-27-2020, 02:09 PM
I think he would’ve been really good with Mullen. But, this goes to show that he wasn’t as good as many thought. Including myself.

the_real_MSU_is_us
08-27-2020, 03:38 PM
Guy had the strangest religious following here I've ever seen. Liek yeah, had Mullen stayed KT probably would have turned out better than Fitz did. Fitz was mentally slow and couldnt' hit the broad side of a barn either. KT had a higher ceiling.

But guess what? Mullen left. KT never showed the slightest sign of improvement, or the ability to mentally understand the Moorhead O. Yet people here kept citing his HS W-L record as proof the guy is a "winner", kept saying he has that "it" factor. Then he goes to UVA and a 2nd coaching staff says he sucks. Maybe he just sucks....

StarkVegasSteve
08-27-2020, 04:27 PM
Guy had the strangest religious following here I've ever seen. Liek yeah, had Mullen stayed KT probably would have turned out better than Fitz did. Fitz was mentally slow and couldnt' hit the broad side of a barn either. KT had a higher ceiling.

But guess what? Mullen left. KT never showed the slightest sign of improvement, or the ability to mentally understand the Moorhead O. Yet people here kept citing his HS W-L record as proof the guy is a "winner", kept saying he has that "it" factor. Then he goes to UVA and a 2nd coaching staff says he sucks. Maybe he just sucks....

Maybe not necessarily here, but some of the GPers think he walks on water. I've never really gotten it. If you go back and watch that Gator Bowl our defense won that game and the SFA game he was bad. 13-31 against an FCS team isn't a stat line to brag about but some thought that meant he was a Heisman candidate. The moment I knew KT wasn't going to be able to get it done was the A&M game in 18. He gets in for 3 plays and looked like a deer in the headlights every play. His best contribution was a targeting call that got us a new set of downs and Fitz hit Guidry on the drag a few plays later.

Again, I don't think KT is a bad player because he's a hell of an athlete. I just think without a coach that knows how to mask weaknesses he's not a very good QB.

Todd4State
08-27-2020, 05:35 PM

Technically in a way after Moorhead left Leach could have chosen to keep him as well and we all know that didn't happen. So that's another respected football mind right there.

Maybe not necessarily here, but some of the GPers think he walks on water. I've never really gotten it. If you go back and watch that Gator Bowl our defense won that game and the SFA game he was bad. 13-31 against an FCS team isn't a stat line to brag about but some thought that meant he was a Heisman candidate. The moment I knew KT wasn't going to be able to get it done was the A&M game in 18. He gets in for 3 plays and looked like a deer in the headlights every play. His best contribution was a targeting call that got us a new set of downs and Fitz hit Guidry on the drag a few plays later.

Again, I don't think KT is a bad player because he's a hell of an athlete. I just think without a coach that knows how to mask weaknesses he's not a very good QB.

I agree. I knew it was a completely lost cause when I posted videos comparing Stevens to KT and honestly it's not even close- Stevens was WAY better. Even when he was hurt.

They have this made up BS narrative that they refuse to give up even after Paul Jones, Robbie, and Rosebowl all corrected them about Stevens just being "given" the job over KT.

I was surprised when KT went to Virginia just because of the QB situation there. He really fits in somewhere like Tulane to be honest with you- no idea why he didn't go there where he probably would have won the job and gotten a degree at least the equivalent of Virginia.

TALL DAWG
08-27-2020, 05:49 PM
Technically in a way after Moorhead left Leach could have chosen to keep him as well and we all know that didn't happen. So that's another respected football mind right there.

I agree. I knew it was a completely lost cause when I posted videos comparing Stevens to KT and honestly it's not even close- Stevens was WAY better. Even when he was hurt.

They have this made up BS narrative that they refuse to give up even after Paul Jones, Robbie, and Rosebowl all corrected them about Stevens just being "given" the job over KT.

I was surprised when KT went to Virginia just because of the QB situation there. He really fits in somewhere like Tulane to be honest with you- no idea why he didn't go there where he probably would have won the job and gotten a degree at least the equivalent of Virginia.

WELL...we tried KT at WR in the Outback Bowl and he dropped a very catchable pass. So, that was that..:)

PGHBulldogBG
08-27-2020, 08:01 PM
Mullen leaving really hurt KT. He would?ve made him an in between Prescott and Fitz. Moorhead had no idea what to do with KT. Then again, Moorhead only knows what to do with rare talents like Barkley and that?s just stay hands off and hope for a non playoff bowl game that gets to 9 or 10 wins.