PDA

View Full Version : Guess who's back....

BeardoMSU
08-26-2020, 09:26 AM
https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/t_original/19dp6qgf7bfe3gif.gif

Apparently Kermit adding him to his staff as a GA. Nothing, absolutely nothing, could possibly go wrong here, lol.

ShotgunDawg
08-26-2020, 09:30 AM
I keep trying to figure out why they would do this & how this could work to Ole Miss’ benefit & I’m struggling to come up with answers.

Ole Miss just hired an incredibly immature person on their staff & I can’t figure out why they’d do that to themselves

Jack Lambert
08-26-2020, 09:38 AM
they must not do drug screens.

Jack Lambert
08-26-2020, 09:38 AM
I keep trying to figure out why they would do this & how this could work to Ole Miss’ benefit & I’m struggling to come up with answers.

Ole Miss just hired an incredibly immature person on their staff & I can’t figure out why they’d do that to themselves

He knows where bodies are buried.

BeardoMSU
08-26-2020, 09:40 AM

Agreed. It's even more perplexing considering the type of guy Kermit is.

ShotgunDawg
08-26-2020, 09:46 AM
Agreed. It's even more perplexing considering the type of guy Kermit is.

I’m surprised that Keith Carter would OK this hire.

As an AD, you have a responsibility to set a standard for the type of people your school hires & Henderson in no way fits that.

NOW... if Henderson went and coached at JUCO, D2, etc for a few year & built a quality reputation as coach then I’d understand, but this right here makes ZERO sense as a risk/reward assessment.

StarkVegasSteve
08-26-2020, 09:53 AM
Yea, this doesn't make a whole heck of a lot of sense. I mean it's a PR boom for their fans, but most everyone else is sitting there thinking the same thing, "Cant wait to watch this crash and burn."

Kermit really putting himself out there with this hire. High Risk Low Reward.

BeardoMSU
08-26-2020, 09:56 AM
but this right here makes ZERO sense as a risk/reward assessment.

I'm sure the OM Twitterscape will love it...which is pretty par for the course, I suppose, in terms of decisions that group likes to make. Style over substance: 'cruiting rankings, Grove, Katy Perry, etc. Bringing back Marshall definitely falls in with that mantra. But oh, boy, what a powder keg they've got. Might as well bring in Swag to coach QB's.

TrapGame
08-26-2020, 09:56 AM
I'd be willing to bet neither Kermit not Carter had anything to do with this. This is above them from some prominent booster w/ deep pockets that's "helping out" a former rebel BB player.

The fuse has been lit and all Carter and Kermit can do is watch it burn.

Hot Rock
08-26-2020, 10:34 AM
I know their fans will loved him as a player but it I can't see anyone wanting him as a coach just yet but then I really don't know what he's been doing the last few years.

GA's are there for varying reasons and make a minimal salary and many are there to learn rather than earn and lots and lots of former players try to go this route and some do well.

StarkVegasSteve
08-26-2020, 10:47 AM
Everyone will be able to look back on this moment in a few years as the beginning of the end of the Kermit Davis era in Oxford.

BrunswickDawg
08-26-2020, 10:56 AM
I’m surprised that Keith Carter would OK this hire.

As an AD, you have a responsibility to set a standard for the type of people your school hires & Henderson in no way fits that.

NOW... if Henderson went and coached at JUCO, D2, etc for a few year & built a quality reputation as coach then I’d understand, but this right here makes ZERO sense as a risk/reward assessment.

He was an assistant at Thomas University - an NAIA school- last season according to wiki. Also coached at a HS in Texas

SmokeyDawg
08-26-2020, 11:43 AM
I guess that team in Iraq cut him?

thf24
08-26-2020, 04:22 PM
Even from a strictly basketball standpoint it seems pretty bad. I can't imagine why you'd want the guy who broke the SEC (NCAA?) record for missed three point attempts influencing your underclassmen.

Todd4State
08-26-2020, 04:56 PM
I have Eric Clapton's song "cocaine" playing in my head every time I hear the name Marshall Henderson.

It's going to be funny when the Clarion-Ledger article about how Henderson has matured will comes out in a few months...

BeardoMSU
08-26-2020, 05:07 PM
I have Eric Clapton's song "cocaine" playing in my head every time I hear the name Marshall Henderson.

I would prefer you didn't sully Slowhand's name by including it in the same sentence, thank you very much!**

Dawg-gone-dawgs
08-27-2020, 06:47 PM
Damn I thought Kermit had a good head on his shoulders. Evidently he has lost in mind in his short time there.

sandwolf
08-28-2020, 12:02 AM
I'll say this for him. He gave us one of the best sports gifs ever. I bet I have watched it 100 times and it has yet to get old.

https://collegebasketball.nbcsports.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2013/01/marshall_hendersonauburn.gif