PDA

View Full Version : Question for the CDM supporters

Lariverdog
11-05-2013, 09:48 PM
Let me be completely honest. I want him gone yesterday. It's not because of the shitty product on the field entirely, but also because of his arrogant Yankee ass and his interactions with boosters on several occasions. Note, these were meetings where I was there first hand.
So my question: what would it take to convince you this man is not who we need anymore?
I'm not interested in debating past coaches and history. I'm talking about the here and now. Give him a pass why?
My MSU days start in the late seventies. Lived in Garner hall and played IM basketball for run n gun if anyone of you were around back then.
I'll hang up and listen.

Churchill
11-05-2013, 10:20 PM
This post has a real clarity to it and agree with every word.

geotop
11-05-2013, 10:26 PM
What if we run coach dan off and nobody good wants to come to starkville
and we end up like USM and go 0 for 100 ?????

I also lived in Garner Hall and I am more than a little scared about who we would get
to replace coach dan.

CadaverDawg
11-05-2013, 10:33 PM
What if a ****ing bald eagle swoops down and carries Dan off and we never see him again??????

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-eOKWiA2jbnc/UBqjzLXz4II/AAAAAAAAAEw/YzvuuKNQraU/s640/causes_panic_attacks_anxiety_attacks.jpg

geotop
11-05-2013, 10:36 PM
What if a ****ing bald eagle swoops down and carries Dan off and we never see him again??????

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-eOKWiA2jbnc/UBqjzLXz4II/AAAAAAAAAEw/YzvuuKNQraU/s640/causes_panic_attacks_anxiety_attacks.jpg

That would be bad too.

quickstrike2
11-05-2013, 10:39 PM
Lose the next 4 games and more than one in blowout fashion and ill be off the CDM bandwagon. Not that I'm fully on it.

Churchill
11-05-2013, 10:39 PM
Do you honestly not believe there are 50 coaches at least that we could have hired that could have done as good a job as Mullen ? He took Croom`s recruits and an advantageous schedule, beat the pansies he was suppose to beat and had a couple of mild upsets. Now he`s recruiting himself into a hole and his arrogant pompous ass can`t keep a good assistant coach over a year. We are void of leadership on and off the field. We`ve got to get this turned around or we really are going 0 for 100 at some point.

hacker
11-05-2013, 10:43 PM
I quit reading at 'yankee'

Good thread tho**

geotop
11-05-2013, 10:45 PM
Do you honestly not believe there are 50 coaches at least that we could have hired that could have done as good a job as Mullen ? He took Croom`s recruits and an advantageous schedule, beat the pansies he was suppose to beat and had a couple of mild upsets. Now he`s recruiting himself into a hole and his arrogant pompous ass can`t keep a good assistant coach over a year. We are void of leadership on and off the field. We`ve got to get this turned around or we really are going 0 for 100 at some point.

Just hold on to your horses,,,, I am hanging my hat on this weekend game, when cach dan beats JFF, you will change your sorry tude.

preachermatt83
11-05-2013, 10:49 PM
Let me be completely honest. I want him gone yesterday. It's not because of the shitty product on the field entirely, but also because of his arrogant Yankee ass and his interactions with boosters on several occasions. Note, these were meetings where I was there first hand.
So my question: what would it take to convince you this man is not who we need anymore?
I'm not interested in debating past coaches and history. I'm talking about the here and now. Give him a pass why?
My MSU days start in the late seventies. Lived in Garner hall and played IM basketball for run n gun if anyone of you were around back then.
I'll hang up and listen.

im with ya!! I can let blind choose someone who can do better than we have done the last 15 games or so.

dawgoneyall
11-05-2013, 11:08 PM
For 2.5 mil we can't get anyone!!! Really?

We would have to swap them off like flies.

Dawgfan77
11-06-2013, 07:41 AM
We have invested over a 100 Million in football over the last year, we are paying a FB coach 2.65 Million and could pay more, we are in the best conference in the land. Sure we are located in Starkville, but thats not a bad thing as some want to make it out to be. Those that are saying what if we fire Mullen and turn into USM, well we aren't so dont even go there. We have a solid foundation, we have more money than we have ever had before so barring just a disaster we will hire a good coach. What we need right now is new energy we need a coach who has experience and can bring back the excitement that we need. We have a hell of a lot going for us right now , a very good and young roster and a great schedule next year. There may not a be a better time in MSU football history to hire a new coach than there is right now.

wrb7480
11-06-2013, 08:18 AM
We have invested over a 100 Million in football over the last year, we are paying a FB coach 2.65 Million and could pay more, we are in the best conference in the land. Sure we are located in Starkville, but thats not a bad thing as some want to make it out to be. Those that are saying what if we fire Mullen and turn into USM, well we aren't so dont even go there. We have a solid foundation, we have more money than we have ever had before so barring just a disaster we will hire a good coach. What we need right now is new energy we need a coach who has experience and can bring back the excitement that we need. We have a hell of a lot going for us right now , a very good and young roster and a great schedule next year. There may not a be a better time in MSU football history to hire a new coach than there is right now.
I definitely want changes to the program! I'm not sure HUD is the answer. I'd consider Chad morris at Clemson, if we went after an up and coming or a real homerun hire would be Art Briles at Baylor.

Dawgface
11-06-2013, 08:29 AM
A home run like Briles won't come here. He could name his price at a school that has a history of winning.

geotop
11-06-2013, 08:39 AM
I will at the game this Saturday, I am stoked !

C222
11-06-2013, 08:46 AM
For 2.5 mil we can't get anyone!!! Really?

We would have to swap them off like flies.

Like who?

PMDawg
11-06-2013, 09:08 AM

I am now hoping for this. Not only would we get to hire a new coach, but it would be an awesome way to go! Plus, we wouldn't have to fire him so we could tell his potential replacement that we were going to keep him forever, damn the luck!

TrapGame
11-06-2013, 09:21 AM
I definitely want changes to the program! I'm not sure HUD is the answer. I'd consider Chad morris at Clemson, if we went after an up and coming or a real homerun hire would be Art Briles at Baylor.

Replace an OC with another OC. No thanks. I want a guy with head coaching experience. I think that's the problem with Mullen. He's facing first time coaching decision in the SEC. This is something he should have experienced in the MAC or Sun Belt for five years before stepping up to the SEC. This learning on the job is costing us wins.

MadDawg
11-06-2013, 09:23 AM
Do you honestly not believe there are 50 coaches at least that we could have hired that could have done as good a job as Mullen

Do you really believe that?

MadDawg
11-06-2013, 09:24 AM
Like who?

I want to see the list of 50 names that are equal or better than Dan.

PMDawg
11-06-2013, 09:28 AM
[QUOTE= He took Croom`s recruits and an advantageous schedule,

Please stop saying this. Every coach in America who had been on the job for 5 years or less is playing with someone else's recruits to some extent. Croom was awful. He was a bad coach, and a worse recruiter. And his players were always in trouble, even though he was all about high character. It was a complete debacle, a PR stunt. We set out to make a "historic hire", not the best football hire. And still, if that was our number 1 goal, there were a dozen better and more qualified coaches to choose from. That was a disaster. I digress. Croom had 1 good class, due to riding Ellis Johnson's defense to his line bowl appearance combined with the luck of MS having a historic senior class in 2009. And Dan had to fight like hell to keep that class together and added key pieces to it (if it's so easy to recruit in year 1, go back and look at Crooms first class). Now I'm all in for replacing Mullen, but give credit where it's due. He did some great things and has built a nice roster with good depth. He's just peaked as a coach. I want to move on so we can continue to build on what he's done instead of waiting for the imminent collapse and then starting from scratch in 2-3 years. We have to keep building. We have stalled. If we are afraid to admit the obvious and refuse to build on our new foundation, then we are doomed to continually repeat our crappy history forever.

CJDAWG85
11-06-2013, 09:31 AM
I'm waiting until the end of year before I make a decision on how I feel. I'm not worried about W's and L's. I want to see our team play with fire and that includes both the players and coaches. The team I saw last weekend had that fire. The turnovers killed us, but they played with a lot more passion than the previous 2 games where it looked as if everyone was going through the motions. If we finish out the 4 games and leave everything out on the field each week, I think he deserves another year.

CadaverDawg
11-06-2013, 09:38 AM
Please stop saying this. Every coach in America who had been on the job for 5 years or less is playing with someone else's recruits to some extent. Croom was awful. He was a bad coach, and a worse recruiter. And his players were always in trouble, even though he was all about high character. It was a complete debacle, a PR stunt. We set out to make a "historic hire", not the best football hire. And still, if that was our number 1 goal, there were a dozen better and more qualified coaches to choose from. That was a disaster. I digress. Croom had 1 good class, due to riding Ellis Johnson's defense to his line bowl appearance combined with the luck of MS having a historic senior class in 2009. And Dan had to fight like hell to keep that class together and added key pieces to it (if it's so easy to recruit in year 1, go back and look at Crooms first class). Now I'm all in for replacing Mullen, but give credit where it's due. He did some great things and has built a nice roster with good depth. He's just peaked as a coach. I want to move on so we can continue to build on what he's done instead of waiting for the imminent collapse and then starting from scratch in 2-3 years. We have to keep building. We have stalled. If we are afraid to admit the obvious and refuse to build on our new foundation, then we are doomed to continually repeat our crappy history forever.

Well done.

No need in not admitting the good that Dan has done. He has raised the bar for us. Now it's time to see if we can build off of where he has gotten us before we let things slide into a rebuild and ruin everything Mullen helped create.

wrb7480
11-06-2013, 09:44 AM
Well done.

No need in not admitting the good that Dan has done. He has raised the bar for us. Now it's time to see if we can build off of where he has gotten us before we let things slide into a rebuild and ruin everything Mullen helped create.

So if the powers that be decide CDM gets another year, where does that leave us as a fan base? Everything I am seeing seems to point to fans wanting a change. If that change does not happen, even if we finish 4-8 or 5-7, are we doomed? Can CDM make a go of it? I have my doubts. But I have even more doubts re: Scott & Keenum doing anything. I see a similar situation as to what happened at TSUN Nutty boys last 2 seasons. I hope I am wrong!!

CadaverDawg
11-06-2013, 09:48 AM
So if the powers that be decide CDM gets another year, where does that leave us as a fan base? Everything I am seeing seems to point to fans wanting a change. If that change does not happen, even if we finish 4-8 or 5-7, are we doomed? Can CDM make a go of it? I have my doubts. But I have even more doubts re: Scott & Keenum doing anything. I see a similar situation as to what happened at TSUN Nutty boys last 2 seasons. I hope I am wrong!!

I will be pissed if we don't make a change, but it won't stop me from supporting the team. I will scale back on talks of replacing him because it will be moot at that point.

I'm sure most of us will just hope like hell that Dan has it in him to turn this shit around if given another year, but you better believe he will have to do more than just win 6 games next year if he's here.

The way this recruiting class is looking, and the way OM, Ark, UK, and all of the rest of the SEC are recruiting....we would only be setting ourselves another year behind everyone in the SEC by hanging on to Dan another year IMO.

wrb7480
11-06-2013, 09:52 AM
The way this recruiting class is looking, and the way OM, Ark, UK, and all of the rest of the SEC are recruiting....we would only be setting ourselves another year behind everyone in the SEC by hanging on to Dan another year IMO.

^^^^^^^^
That is exactly what I think, but If I had said it, I would be labeled a troll! :)

bluelightstar
11-06-2013, 10:31 AM
Typically, there's no point in keeping a coach that the fans have grown tired of. I have to imagine that such a coach almost never recovers.

regdawg18
11-06-2013, 11:14 AM
1. Please elaborate on what he did wrong while interacting with boosters.

2. What would it take to convince me Mullen should go? Answer: We miss out on a bowl next season.

J-Dawg
11-06-2013, 11:37 AM
I'll hang up and listen.

Sorry to nitpick this post, but we loved his "arrogant Yankee ass" when it was to the detriment of our rivals. We thought it was hilarious.

And I'm in the group that don't care if he leaves, too, so don't call me a CDM supporter.

J-Dawg
11-06-2013, 11:57 AM

Briles is a dream. It would pretty much be a step down from Baylor at this juncture.

PMDawg
11-06-2013, 12:16 PM
Sorry to nitpick this post, but we loved his "arrogant Yankee ass" when it was to the detriment of our rivals. We thought it was hilarious.

And I'm in the group that don't care if he leaves, too, so don't call me a CDM supporter.

yeah, i agree. of all his shortcomings, being a yankee and arrogant are the least important to me.

someone asked "what if he's here next year?". I'll support him and hope like heck he wins 10 to convince me I was wrong and we'll go from there.