Todd4State
08-24-2020, 04:43 PM
He always fit in there.

Madisonmd
08-24-2020, 04:46 PM
This has nothing to do with Freeze

BeardoMSU
08-24-2020, 04:50 PM
The writers for 2020 have Falwell exposed as a literal cuckold...never saw that coming...the season finally is going to be lit af.**

ZedFedder
08-24-2020, 05:02 PM
He’s an embarrassment. If you aren’t a Christian, please don’t base your view of Jesus off this guy.

was21
08-24-2020, 05:18 PM
Seems that he liked to watch

Todd4State
08-24-2020, 05:30 PM
This has nothing to do with Freeze

No. But he's cut from the same cloth.

BeardoMSU
08-24-2020, 05:32 PM
No. But he's cut from the same cloth.

Exactly.

SandlotDawg
08-24-2020, 05:35 PM
He’s an embarrassment. If you aren’t a Christian, please don’t base your view of Jesus off this guy.

Unfortunately I’m sure a lot of people will base their views off of the fruit of men like this.

SandlotDawg
08-24-2020, 05:38 PM
Sadly, there’s plenty of snake oil to go around in Lynchburg, VA. Hopefully, some faithful leadership can step in and set things right.

Mobile Bay
08-24-2020, 05:58 PM
Fallwell is probably watching Freeze with a hooker right now.

99jc
08-24-2020, 06:07 PM

Dang lol...........50% of all preachers are hypocrites and the other 50% are even worse.

bostondawg
08-24-2020, 06:11 PM
There's a "maga cum loud" joke about Liberty University somewhere here. But it would mostly be in poor taste so you're gonna have to think of it yourself.

BeardoMSU
08-24-2020, 06:32 PM

/thread

Well done, sir.

BeardoMSU
08-24-2020, 06:35 PM
There's a "maga cum loud" joke about Liberty University somewhere here. But it would mostly be in poor taste so you're gonna have to think of it yourself.

Oh God, lol...

https://media0.giphy.com/media/xT0GqfvuVpNqEf3z2w/giphy.gif

Cowbell
08-24-2020, 06:46 PM
Dang lol...........50% of all preachers are hypocrites and the other 50% are even worse.

Believe it or not, there are still some really good God-ordained pastors out there.

R2Dawg
08-24-2020, 06:48 PM

Your data is not exactly accurate. There are bad apples in every grouping, doesn't mean the whole group is bad just like the bad cop comparisons that everyone is making now days.

Now all preachers are flawed as are all of humanity. What happened here is embarrassing and not a good witness at all for Christianity but we all fall. It doesn't condemn Christianity, it actually confirms it. We are all fallen, just some are forgiven.

Sometimes we put some men up on a high perch that no one can live up to.

BrunswickDawg
08-24-2020, 07:03 PM

Didn't know Freeze liked pool boys.

was21
08-24-2020, 07:23 PM
well, let's lay off the Catholic priests...bout time

Dolphus Raymond
08-24-2020, 07:57 PM
Been a rough week for some. First, Super-Patriot Steve Bannon was exposed as a fraud, then Reverend Jerry Falwell is exposed as not only a fraud, but a king-hell sexual deviant as well. What next?

Todd4State
08-24-2020, 08:23 PM
Unfortunately I’m sure a lot of people will base their views off of the fruit of men like this.

Sadly that's more on the individual person themselves. A lose of people lose sight of the fact that it's Jesus that they need to follow and realize that all of these people are sinners themselves and are going to fail. Shoot even the 12 disciples Judas sold Jesus out and Peter denied Jesus. Paul killed Christians and Moses committed murder himself. King David committed adultery and murder. Only Jesus was perfect.

Not excusing anyone's actions at all- adultery is clearly a sin. But ministers are not Jesus. And they will be judged for their sins just like I will be one day.

I do wonder why so many ministers commit adultery? Two very prominent people that were a one time interim minister in my church and the other being a worship leader were caught committing adultery and then you have stuff like this that happens.

Personally my biggest issue with Freeze was how he clearly took the Bible out of context and basically turned it into "I'm a better Christian than you and that's why we landed this recruit and won the football game." Even worse was he said it while being openly involved in the recruiting scandals going on up there which was very well known at the time even before he got caught with the hooker. You can certainly be a Christian and be a football coach but if you're going to do that you better follow the Mark Richt/Dabo Swinney model.

RocketDawg
08-24-2020, 08:31 PM
Sadly that's more on the individual person themselves. A lose of people lose sight of the fact that it's Jesus that they need to follow and realize that all of these people are sinners themselves and are going to fail. Shoot even the 12 disciples Judas sold Jesus out and Peter denied Jesus. Paul killed Christians and Moses committed murder himself. King David committed adultery and murder. Only Jesus was perfect.

Not excusing anyone's actions at all- adultery is clearly a sin. But ministers are not Jesus. And they will be judged for their sins just like I will be one day.

I do wonder why so many ministers commit adultery? Two very prominent people that were a one time interim minister in my church and the other being a worship leader were caught committing adultery and then you have stuff like this that happens.

Personally my biggest issue with Freeze was how he clearly took the Bible out of context and basically turned it into "I'm a better Christian than you and that's why we landed this recruit and won the football game." Even worse was he said it while being openly involved in the recruiting scandals going on up there which was very well known at the time even before he got caught with the hooker. You can certainly be a Christian and be a football coach but if you're going to do that you better follow the Mark Richt/Dabo Swinney model.

Probably because the opportunity is there. I'm sure they counsel women regularly over marital issues, they're empathetic by nature, and they can get caught up in things before they know it. They're only human.

Mobile Bay
08-24-2020, 08:38 PM
So many of y'all are acting surprised over this. Meanwhile I live in the state of Robert Bently Basically an above average MILF hooking up with Mr Burns from the Simpsons is expected here.

BeardoMSU
08-24-2020, 09:05 PM
So many of y'all are acting surprised over this.

Not I, sir.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPPgFa0MfEU

Todd4State
08-24-2020, 10:00 PM
Probably because the opportunity is there. I'm sure they counsel women regularly over marital issues, they're empathetic by nature, and they can get caught up in things before they know it. They're only human.

Good response. I think it's maybe opportunity and maybe the fact that they think that they can get away with it sometimes.

BeardoMSU
08-24-2020, 10:11 PM
The plot thickens.

Apparently Jr. tendered his resignation, then hours later withdrew it, vexing the Liberty admin. Let us also not forget that this is the same guy who threw his wife under the bus last week for her "affair"....

Holy hell, what a shit show.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/education/2020/08/24/jerry-falwell-jr-agrees-resign-liberty-university/

Lord McBuckethead
08-24-2020, 10:59 PM
Unfortunately I?m sure a lot of people will base their views off of the fruit of men like this.

Well men usually let you down once a bunch hold them up as something important.

Lord McBuckethead
08-24-2020, 11:00 PM
The P is still undefeated.

preachermatt83
08-24-2020, 11:27 PM
Wow. I’m shocked by some of the responses in this thread. All there is to say is I’m so thankful for Grace! We are all a part of fallen humanity. Because God loved us, he made a way for us to spend an eternity with him inspite of our flaws and our failures. I’m thankful today that’s it’s not about me, but it’s all about HIM!!

Todd4State
08-25-2020, 12:32 AM
The P is still undefeated.

Yeah. But usually you're not watching some other guy with your wife.

msbulldog
08-25-2020, 06:09 AM

That's not true, 99.

msbulldog
08-25-2020, 06:30 AM
Wow. I’m shocked by some of the responses in this thread. All there is to say is I’m so thankful for Grace! We are all a part of fallen humanity. Because God loved us, he made a way for us to spend an eternity with him inspite of our flaws and our failures. I’m thankful today that’s it’s not about me, but it’s all about HIM!!

Amen.

basedog
08-25-2020, 07:28 AM

May be your best response, exact and to the point.

Dolphus Raymond
08-25-2020, 08:06 AM
It?s about un-checked hypocrisy and people (not you, preacher matt) who continue to use the term grace as a vehicle to enable and excuse the hypocrisy. We saw it with Hugh Freeze and now we are witnessing the exact dynamic with Falwell. Falwell does not hesitate to judge the gay and lesbian community, but when it is learned that he enjoys watching some dude bang his wife, we are not supposed to judge him?
The preacher looked so baffled when I asked him why he dressed with twenty pounds of headlines stapled to his chest. Then he cursed me when I proved to him see not even you can hide. Hey, you are just like me I hope you?re satisfied.

Jack Lambert
08-25-2020, 08:34 AM
I bet if this thread was about Louis Farrakhan it would have been locked.

Dolphus Raymond
08-25-2020, 08:51 AM
If it was learned that Louis Farrakhan was watching some dude bang his wife, and liking it, I bet not.

Cowbell
08-25-2020, 09:49 AM
Wow. I?m shocked by some of the responses in this thread. All there is to say is I?m so thankful for Grace! We are all a part of fallen humanity. Because God loved us, he made a way for us to spend an eternity with him inspite of our flaws and our failures. I?m thankful today that?s it?s not about me, but it?s all about HIM!!
Amen brother! Glad to see you commenting on here!

Johnson85
08-25-2020, 09:59 AM
If it was learned that Louis Farrakhan was watching some dude bang his wife, and liking it, I bet not.

I don't have any problem believing Falwell is a horrible person, but I'm not sure I'm ready to just believe he's got a cuckold fetish based on the allegations of somebody who is himself accused of blackmail. If you notice, the Reuters article just repeats Granda's characterization of the texts and emails, so the texts and emails must at least be ambiguous as to whether they indicate Falwell was in on it or not.

If I had to bet, I'd probably bet on it being true because it would be weird for them to go into business with him rather than just pay him hush money; on the other hand, it's a lot less complicated tax wise to give him some sweat equity than it is to just cut checks. I wouldn't have a lot of confidence either way at this point. Only thing that seems clear is that his wife sucks and is a ho, either with or without his consent.

Jarius
08-25-2020, 10:34 AM
This is pretty common around Madison **. But for real, as humiliating as it is for someone's sex preferences to get out, I don't understand the shaming and calling him a sex devil. Different strokes for different folks. If he likes to watch his wife get plowed, that's his business.

Matt3467
08-25-2020, 10:38 AM

Or the Reverend Al Sharpton. I guess the excuse for this thread sitting up is it has an extremely loose, stretched thin, application to a prior TSUN coach.

Quaoarsking
08-25-2020, 10:43 AM
This is pretty common around Madison **. But for real, as humiliating as it is for someone's sex preferences to get out, I don't understand the shaming and calling him a sex devil. Different strokes for different folks. If he likes to watch his wife get plowed, that's his business.

He's the president of a university that does not allow students to have sex outside of marriage, punishable by $500 fine, 30 hours of community service, and potentially expulsion, regardless of where the sex takes place.

The outrageous hypocrisy is why he's being shamed.

TrapGame
08-25-2020, 10:56 AM
This dude is scum. There's been rumors about him for years. Former Liberty faculty and board members have spoken out against him. He's a fraud and a con man. He treats Liberty U as his kingdom and he is the king. One of the board members said he started showing him pics of his wife naked and bragged about how good she was in the sack. The board member was appalled to say the least. It was completely out of nowhere.

BigEasyDawg
08-25-2020, 11:06 AM
Been a rough week for some. First, Super-Patriot Steve Bannon was exposed as a fraud, then Reverend Jerry Falwell is exposed as not only a fraud, but a king-hell sexual deviant as well. What next?

Just to be clear, Falwell Jr. IS NOT A REVEREND. He is/was a president of a very strict moral school yet does not practice these things personally.

Extendedcab
08-25-2020, 11:30 AM
Have you noticed that non-Christians hyperventilate when a Christian makes a mistake but they downplay events when non-Christian make mistakes? Talk about hypocrisy! While I do not condone their behavior, it is not equal treatment when you are jubilant when a Christian fails and you ignore non-Christian failures!

Where are the threads about the following screw-ups? Oh yeah, there aren?t any!

Jeffrey Epstein - No further comment necessary here
Bill Clinton and Jeffrey Epstein connection
Hillary Clinton and Jeffrey Epstein connection
Hillary Clinton - Benghazi and email scandal
Bill Clinton - I did not have sex with that girl (what is the definition of ?is?)
Harvey Weinstein - 80+ women accuse him of sexual harassment and assault
Arnold Schwarznegger - extramarital affair and a child out of wedlock
Bill Cosby - assault of women
Michael Jackson - sexual assault of 2 men
Brian Williams (new anchor) - publicly lied about events in Iraq
Matt Lauer (news anchor) - inappropriate sexual behavior
Jussie Smollett - alleged hoax hate crime
Actresses Felicity Huffman and Lori Loughlin - college admission scandal
Joe Biden - on air confessing to a crime
Hunter Biden - taking millions from Ukraine entity and $1.5B from China
Ryan Lochte - fake gas station encounter
Tiger Woods - cheating scandal
Hugh Grant - Solicitation
Pee Wee Herman - public pervert

and the list goes on ?

Dawgology
08-25-2020, 11:37 AM
Just to be clear, Falwell Jr. IS NOT A REVEREND. He is/was a president of a very strict moral school yet does not practice these things personally.

Yup.. He's and attorney.

was21
08-25-2020, 11:37 AM
yeah. You left out trump who should be at the top of the list

Dawgology
08-25-2020, 11:38 AM
Have you noticed that non-Christians hyperventilate when a Christian makes a mistake but they downplay events when non-Christian make mistakes? Talk about hypocrisy! While I do not condone their behavior, it is not equal treatment when you are jubilant when a Christian fails and you ignore non-Christian failures!

Where are the threads about the following screw-ups? Oh yeah, there aren?t any!

Jeffrey Epstein - No further comment necessary here
Bill Clinton and Jeffrey Epstein connection
Hillary Clinton and Jeffrey Epstein connection
Hillary Clinton - Benghazi and email scandal
Bill Clinton - I did not have sex with that girl (what is the definition of ?is?)
Harvey Weinstein - 80+ women accuse him of sexual harassment and assault
Arnold Schwarznegger - extramarital affair and a child out of wedlock
Bill Cosby - assault of women
Michael Jackson - sexual assault of 2 men
Brian Williams (new anchor) - publicly lied about events in Iraq
Matt Lauer (news anchor) - inappropriate sexual behavior
Jussie Smollett - alleged hoax hate crime
Actresses Felicity Huffman and Lori Loughlin - college admission scandal
Joe Biden - on air confessing to a crime
Hunter Biden - taking millions from Ukraine entity and $1.5B from China
Ryan Lochte - fake gas station encounter
Tiger Woods - cheating scandal
Hugh Grant - Solicitation
Pee Wee Herman - public pervert

and the list goes on ?

Just so you know...most of those people got publicly blasted and either lost their profession or went to prison. That's a pretty big backlash....

Dolphus Raymond
08-25-2020, 11:40 AM
No, people hyperventilate when, on religious/moral grounds, someone openly vilifies the gay and lesbian community and is later exposed as a sexual deviant who gets off watching a kid bang his wife.
The Hugh Freeze saga is another glaring example of this.

Percho
08-25-2020, 11:48 AM
There is a reason this was said:

Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Percho
08-25-2020, 11:48 AM
Methinks it was all inclusive.

Extendedcab
08-25-2020, 11:52 AM
Just so you know...most of those people got publicly blasted and either lost their profession or went to prison. That's a pretty big backlash....

Same for Falwell and others Christians. My point was not about the public backlash but how posters on this board start a new thread highlighting - exuberant - that a Christian failed. How dare Christians have absolute standards and then fail! Non-Christians are not even mentioned - with their own thread that is.

Jarius
08-25-2020, 12:13 PM
He's the president of a university that does not allow students to have sex outside of marriage, punishable by $500 fine, 30 hours of community service, and potentially expulsion, regardless of where the sex takes place.

The outrageous hypocrisy is why he's being shamed.

Didn’t realize that all took place at the university. That’s a pretty insane policy to have and it is hypocritical for sure.

Dolphus Raymond
08-25-2020, 12:21 PM
Look, if a man gets off watching a 20 year old kid doing the in-and-out with his wife, then that is his business. The issue is moral hypocrisy and the people who enable such behavior. Falwell did not fail God or anyone else. He, like Hugh Freeze, is a two-bit con man who got busted and was exposed.

gtowndawg
08-25-2020, 01:16 PM
This dude is scum. There's been rumors about him for years. Former Liberty faculty and board members have spoken out against him. He's a fraud and a con man. He treats Liberty U as his kingdom and he is the king. One of the board members said he started showing him pics of his wife naked and bragged about how good she was in the sack. The board member was appalled to say the least. It was completely out of nowhere.

This is dead on. Probably shouldn't admit to it in this thread but I have a degree from Liberty (before it became an online juggernaut school). I have close friends there, a couple of them employed by the University and they are great people. They have all implied Falwell (for several years) needed to go but he was surrounded on the board of Trustees by yes men. They implied some things about Falwell that I found hard to believe at the time but it's obviously true (or based in truth). I can tell you this for a fact, 95% of that school wanted no part of Freeze but Falwell didn't care (now we know why) and as Trapgame said he ran it like his kingdom.

His brother is an actual Rev. and is the pastor of Thomas Roads in Lynchburg. That relationship has been strained for a while and don't expect to see him out defending Jerry Jr.

Liberty has an unbelievable campus and athletic facilities that are better than ours in some cases. Hopefully this is a fresh start with a true leader that can get it back to what it's supposed to be.

Dawgology
08-25-2020, 03:13 PM
Same for Falwell and others Christians. My point was not about the public backlash but how posters on this board start a new thread highlighting - exuberant - that a Christian failed. How dare Christians have absolute standards and then fail! Non-Christians are not even mentioned - with their own thread that is.

I think this is more tied in to the Hugh Freeze connection more than anything else.

The Federalist Engineer
08-25-2020, 06:03 PM
Prolly many, many of our national elites, multinational CEOs, UN, EU, WHO, and global leaders are degenerates and scum bags - it’s amazing anything gets done.

Maybe Yellow King, Carcosa type of characters run more than the state of Louisiana

Falwell sounds like the perfect missing character from Voltaires Candide

Bothrops
08-25-2020, 06:18 PM

This shit is everywhere now. I've known a few doctors/nurses in the Jackson area that would go to work after an all night foray of cocaine and orgy.

ScoobaDawg
08-26-2020, 03:05 AM

No locked... Moved.... sorry I have a life