PDA

View Full Version : USA Today College Football ReRank

Cooterpoot
08-24-2020, 10:27 AM
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2020/08/24/college-football-re-rank-1-76-clemson-alabama-lead/3401804001/

Enjoy!

Dawgology
08-24-2020, 10:37 AM
Maybe I?m old school but I see the article but no rankings. Do you have to watch the video? I?m on mobile so maybe that?s it.

ETA: never mind...Mobile was slow.

Commercecomet24
08-24-2020, 10:38 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHA! USA today that's some serious BS there!

ShotgunDawg
08-24-2020, 10:40 AM
I’m usually in favor of computer models because they take the logo off the helmet.

However, as Brad Edwards articulated one day on Bo Bounds, MSU is underrated because FPI and other computer models measure returning production, which includes transfers, but Costello only played in 5 games last year.

Then the media just takes those models and slightly reorders them.

We’re better than this. A lot better

Dawgology
08-24-2020, 10:42 AM
There is some real doubt in MSU this year. As usual...will be interesting to see how it all plays out

ShotgunDawg
08-24-2020, 10:49 AM
There is some real doubt in MSU this year. As usual...will be interesting to see how it all plays out

There is but I still don’t see the argument for Ole Miss being higher than us

Lord McBuckethead
08-24-2020, 11:12 AM
Well our defense is the potential to be bad. We are unproven all over the field, in my opinion. That and we are lacking depth. If we have a few players to emerge from the underclassmen then we stand a shot b

ShotgunDawg
08-24-2020, 11:22 AM
Well our defense is the potential to be bad. We are unproven all over the field, in my opinion. That and we are lacking depth. If we have a few players to emerge from the underclassmen then we stand a shot b

Our defense may be bad but on paper it should be better than OM’s

We have a chance to be damn good at RB, OL, and QB. Wr is a question mark for sure, but Leach has turned numerous bad WRs into producers

BeardoMSU
08-24-2020, 11:30 AM
UAB and LaLa, lol?

You'd get more mental stimulation smoking crack

TrapGame
08-24-2020, 11:44 AM
That's some serious BS right there.

ShotgunDawg
08-24-2020, 11:55 AM
Pro Football Focus’s top 25

https://www.pff.com/news/college-football-rankings-updated-2020-preseason-top-25

confucius say
08-24-2020, 11:56 AM
I heard on radio Friday that OM has 75 returning letterman. Aggie was second with 72.

BeardoMSU
08-24-2020, 12:07 PM

https://www.pff.com/news/college-football-rankings-updated-2020-preseason-top-25

Interesting.

R2Dawg
08-24-2020, 12:09 PM
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2020/08/24/college-football-re-rank-1-76-clemson-alabama-lead/3401804001/

Enjoy!

Wow what trash poll that is. I think the pot smoking spread has made it to the sports writers.

TUSK
08-24-2020, 01:22 PM
I think those cats just said "Eff it!" after they got past that ~#5-10 range...

crackerjax
08-24-2020, 01:33 PM
Thank goodness we dropped that game against No. 29 Tulane***

Dawgology
08-24-2020, 01:58 PM

Wow...MSU coming in at #15. I'd take that in a heartbeat.

Commercecomet24
08-24-2020, 02:49 PM
It just goes to show you these sportwriters have no clue how this year is gonna play out. None, zero, zip, nada, they're guessing just like all of us because no one has any idea the effects of players not playing due to the covid, regular injuries, suspensions, etc. Gonna be a wild ride this year.

ScoobaDawg
08-24-2020, 02:57 PM
I think those cats just said "Eff it!" after they got past that ~#5-10 range...

exactly... noone knows what to expect from so many teams for so many reasons. No spring. New coaches. major changes of who is playing and when..

Let's just go have some fun.. put up some points.. and hopefully win 5 games.

Todd4State
08-24-2020, 03:38 PM
Doesn't Dan WOKEn write for USA Today and hate Leach?

Pardon me for not taking this seriously.

Its amazing to me that fans put so much stock into what "sportswriters" have to say and their opinion based on all of the stupid takes that they have and considering that they have less sports experience than most people. We have more qualified people on this board to comment on sports than those sensitive losers.

TrapGame
08-24-2020, 04:22 PM
It just goes to show you these sportwriters have no clue how this year is gonna play out. None, zero, zip, nada, they're guessing just like all of us because no one has any idea the effects of players not playing due to the covid, regular injuries, suspensions, etc. Gonna be a wild ride this year.

Exactly! Give this man a cigar!

LC Dawg
08-24-2020, 07:13 PM
The all SEC schedule is going to throw things off a lot. 5-5 should be top 25 and they've got 8 SEC teams in the top 26. They won't vote many, if any, teams with losing records in the top 25 even though they are one of the top 25 teams. This is a throwaway year. Just watch a little football and watch the talking heads rub themselves over Bama and Clemson and a few smaller schools because it makes them feel good. I could see someone like UAB running the table and the AP voting them national champions.

PGHBulldogBG
08-25-2020, 07:46 AM
I think this year will make it easier for a team like App State to be undefeated and be considered for a playoff. App State and UAB could end up undefeated while the best SEC team may have a couple losses due to competition. It will be interesting to see how the computer models and pollsters view that. I don?t know about this new coach at App State, but if Drinkwitz has stayed they might?ve had a shot at a special season in Booneville NC

ShotgunDawg
08-25-2020, 08:59 AM
I think this year will make it easier for a team like App State to be undefeated and be considered for a playoff. App State and UAB could end up undefeated while the best SEC team may have a couple losses due to competition. It will be interesting to see how the computer models and pollsters view that. I don?t know about this new coach at App State, but if Drinkwitz has stayed they might?ve had a shot at a special season in Booneville NC

Obviously App State and UAB won’t be considered for the playoff

Dawgology
08-25-2020, 09:13 AM

I'm kind of wishing this year each conference would just have it's own championship game and not worry about a national champ.

Dawgology
08-25-2020, 09:14 AM
The all SEC schedule is going to throw things off a lot. 5-5 should be top 25 and they've got 8 SEC teams in the top 26. They won't vote many, if any, teams with losing records in the top 25 even though they are one of the top 25 teams. This is a throwaway year. Just watch a little football and watch the talking heads rub themselves over Bama and Clemson and a few smaller schools because it makes them feel good. I could see someone like UAB running the table and the AP voting them national champions.

This. I'm using football as an excuse to grill more and drink more than usual. Just enjoying football as long as we have it.

ScoobaDawg
08-25-2020, 06:51 PM
I'm kind of wishing this year each conference would just have it's own championship game and not worry about a national champ.

And that might very well happen.. no way you can play a championship in may with the other half of the power 5.
I don't forsee Bowl games happening either unless things really change by thanksgiving.

Make this season the best for what it can be.... entertaining with a hell of a qb and an awesome (a little crazy thou...) new head coach.