PDA

View Full Version : Some good tweets from some defensive players after today?s practice

Jarius
08-22-2020, 05:12 PM
Marcus Murphy and Preston talking about the DC and DB coach. While I don’t think we will have a good defense, it is great to see they are buying in. Coach Leach had a great press conference today as well where he talked really well of our receivers and our quarterbacks (particularly Will Rogers). I think we will have a fun year with a record that may be disappointing. I think we will really enjoy this brand of football and our guys will play really hard.

https://twitter.com/_2era_/status/1297290236058374144

William Tecumsah Sherman
08-22-2020, 06:05 PM
I agree, Jarius. I hope our fan-base is able to see improved football and not panic if we win 3. Its a ?win now? league, but I think Leach can have us rolling with time.

Offshore Dawg
08-22-2020, 06:46 PM
https://twitter.com/_2era_/status/1297290236058374144?s=21

Marcus Murphy and Preston talking about the DC and DB coach. While I don?t think we will have a good defense, it is great to see they are buying in. Coach Leach had a great press conference today as well where he talked really well of our receivers and our quarterbacks (particularly Will Rogers). I think we will have a fun year with a record that may be disappointing. I think we will really enjoy this brand of football and our guys will play really hard.

Dawgs record in conference has not been that good.

Hambone
08-22-2020, 09:46 PM
Well on the bright side, for the most part, fans are expecting a subpar defense. Even if they are average we will be ecstatic!

ShotgunDawg
08-22-2020, 10:06 PM
Players are buying in. Good vibes...

1. Leach is a damn good coach
2. Always better to be the guy that replaces the guy. Unless you’re promoted from within. It’s not just about expectations from the fans but the players themselves have a tough time buying into a new staff after a successful coach leaves. It’s psychological or something

Todd4State
08-23-2020, 01:57 AM
Players are buying in. Good vibes...

1. Leach is a damn good coach
2. Always better to be the guy that replaces the guy. Unless you’re promoted from within. It’s not just about expectations from the fans but the players themselves have a tough time buying into a new staff after a successful coach leaves. It’s psychological or something

I think a lot of coaches just don't want to be the guy that replaces the guy because of the expectations as well. It's just easier if a team is hungry for success because of the buy in like you said. There won't be as much "Well, we did this when Saban was here."

In our situation I think we had an inexperienced AD at the time who got some bad advice and made a risky hire that he didn't have to make. I think Cohen got it right this time though.