PDA

View Full Version : Austin Peay vs Central Arkansas

Todd4State
08-22-2020, 03:19 PM
Game is scheduled for next weekend in Montgomery I believe. That would be a bench mark to playing if it goes off without a hitch.

ShotgunDawg
08-22-2020, 03:22 PM
Game is scheduled for next weekend in Montgomery I believe. That would be a bench mark to playing if it goes off without a hitch.

HS schools have already started without a hitch. We’re gonna play. There will be players miss games, but we’re playing

Cooterpoot
08-22-2020, 03:23 PM
HS hasn't been without a hitch. Several games have already been canceled.

Hambone
08-22-2020, 03:43 PM
Yea, don’t understand how you can consider it without a hitch when games have, in fact been cancelled and will be cancelled this upcoming week?

Mobile Bay
08-22-2020, 04:20 PM
Yeah, Crampton Bowl is Montgomery. I played at every level from YMCA up to high school in that stadium.

But this is the first I have heard of it. I am guessing they are going no fans because the city has done absolutely zero advertising here.

As of four days ago Peay is planning on going. https://letsgopeay.com/news/2020/8/18/govs-etsu-football-game-postponed.aspx

RocketDawg
08-22-2020, 07:58 PM
Why are those two schools playing in Montgomery? Both will have a ways to travel.

msu15
08-22-2020, 08:02 PM
HS schools have already started without a hitch. We’re gonna play. There will be players miss games, but we’re playing

Take a lap

Mobile Bay
08-22-2020, 08:17 PM
Why are those two schools playing in Montgomery? Both will have a ways to travel.

Since the redid it, it is a pretty good place for an FCS neutral site game or a low end bowl like the Camilla Bowl. And Montgomery is willing to bend over backwards to get these, or at least was under the last mayor. The new one is an arrogant jackass. So we will see what he will do in the future.

Jack Lambert
08-22-2020, 10:07 PM

it is really going to look bad if high school football goes in Ohio.

Todd4State
08-23-2020, 01:52 AM
it is really going to look bad if high school football goes in Ohio.

If I'm not mistaken high school football is pretty big up there.

As it is the Big 10 has looked really bad so far. When you hear rumors of Ohio State possibly looking at considering leaving the Big 10 you know they screwed up.

Todd4State
08-23-2020, 01:54 AM

If there are a couple of things in football's favor:

1. The SEC will be starting later. Hopefully things will be better by then. With this it never seems to get better though. Or people seem to get more restrictive one or the other.

2. Football is played outdoors in the SEC.

WPS
08-24-2020, 03:36 PM

I think there is a tie-in with the venue for being the first football game of the year. Good exposure even though you have to travel a bit.

Saw where UCA scheduled a game with North Dakota State for Oct. 3 today too.