PDA

View Full Version : Cal State Long Beach changes mascot to Elbee the shark...

MedDawg
08-21-2020, 05:45 PM
https://daily49er.com/news/2020/08/17/csulb-unveils-new-shark-mascot-elbee/

Mobile Bay
08-21-2020, 05:48 PM
I am having a hard time telling. Is this real or satire?

Cloak
08-21-2020, 06:01 PM
It's on their actual website, so yes it's real

Mobile Bay
08-21-2020, 06:04 PM
And one of the first things they have to say is it's gender non binary. This country is so screwed.

Bothrops
08-21-2020, 11:26 PM
California politicians stay resolute in their pledge to destroy that state. I've never seen anything like it in my life, especially a place that needs no extra help in doing so. California was once the best example of the American dream.

Commercecomet24
08-21-2020, 11:31 PM
Sad, sad days we are in guys. I don't even know what to say anymore. Smh.

Mobile Bay
08-22-2020, 07:25 AM
That state stays on fire. Either the wild lands are burning from bad management or the cities are burning from riots. Electricity there is not reliable and hasn't been for decades. They are an inch away from running out of water. Plus they are overrun with illegals.

Vote democrat if this sounds like fun to you.

TALL DAWG
08-22-2020, 09:11 PM
That state stays on fire. Either the wild lands are burning from bad management or the cities are burning from riots. Electricity there is not reliable and hasn't been for decades. They are an inch away from running out of water. Plus they are overrun with illegals.

Mobile Bay....FOR THE WIN!!
Well said, very well!

Commercecomet24
08-22-2020, 09:17 PM

I lived in Los Angeles for 2 years back in the mid 80s. Made some really good friends there. The majority have moved out of state due to all the issues. Just awful to watch what's happened there.

RocketDawg
08-22-2020, 09:37 PM
What was their mascot before? I assume it was politically incorrect or offensive to somebody or something.

All that aside - Elbee looks better than OM's shark.

Commercecomet24
08-22-2020, 09:40 PM
What was their mascot before? I assume it was politically incorrect or offensive to somebody or something.

All that aside - Elbee looks better than OM's shark.

It was prospector pete, a miner, 49ers.

ETA of course he was male so I'm sure people were offended that he had a gender.

TUSK
08-22-2020, 10:54 PM
Guys, and by saying "guy" I mean no offense to you "non binary Eff A Gee peeps", but this is a good thing...

Hush up, and let it burn out.... Even the "woke" will "awaken", eventually....

#SelfCleaningOvenTheory

Commercecomet24
08-22-2020, 10:59 PM
Guys, and by saying "guy" I mean no offense to you "non binary Eff A Gee peeps", but this is a good thing...

Hush up, and let it burn out.... Even the "woke" will "awaken", eventually....

#SelfCleaningOvenTheory

You got a point.

TUSK
08-22-2020, 11:08 PM
You got a point.

They will get tired from not workin', eventually.