PDA

View Full Version : Greenstein of Chicago Tribune says on Pawwwl show.......

Indndawg
08-21-2020, 02:15 PM
It might be better for football (season) to send the students home and create a safe(r) bubble for the players. Opines?

ShotgunDawg
08-21-2020, 02:23 PM
It might be better for football (season) to send the students home and create a safe(r) bubble for the players. Opines?

Yeah. That true but the optics of that aren’t great.

ZedFedder
08-21-2020, 02:23 PM
Wonder if there would be a legal hurdle there with them not being paid?

StarkVegasSteve
08-21-2020, 03:35 PM
Wonder if there would be a legal hurdle there with them not being paid?

An absolute legal hurdle and one you couldn't get over. The mirage of amateurism in college athletics is coming to an end and I imagine this will be what pushes it over the edge.

RocketDawg
08-21-2020, 03:50 PM
Yeah. That true but the optics of that aren’t great.

It's not merely optics, it would make a joke out of the term "student athlete", wouldn't it?

I think that's exactly what high schools here are doing though. The season kicked off last night, and for at least the first 9 weeks of the school year, it's virtual learning.

99jc
08-21-2020, 05:18 PM

that's the big ten p u s s y talk!

Homedawg
08-21-2020, 05:24 PM
No no. Just no. It's about as possible, although moreso, as dan the man wanting everyone's groceries delivered to their houses while we all stay at home for 4 weeks.

Todd4State
08-21-2020, 05:28 PM
It's a dumb idea. I think a big reason the NBA bubble has "worked" is because a lot of those players got COVID before the country shut down.

HoopsDawg
08-21-2020, 06:01 PM
kind of makes sense. these universities need football. the science department needs it. everyone needs it. do what you have to do for 1 semester.

msbulldog
08-21-2020, 06:30 PM
No no. Just no. It's about as possible, although moreso, as dan the man wanting everyone's groceries delivered to their houses while we all stay at home for 4 weeks.

Homedawg, I go to work and lock my office door and communicate through phone or other electronic means. I go home and yes all the groceries stores deliver. I wear a mask if I have to get out in public. I have hand sanitizer around me at all times, in my car, in my office and at my home and I use it religiously. I don't agree with dan, I think he's the goat roper. But some of us must be careful.

Homedawg
08-21-2020, 08:20 PM
Homedawg, I go to work and lock my office door and communicate through phone or other electronic means. I go home and yes all the groceries stores deliver. I wear a mask if I have to get out in public. I have hand sanitizer around me at all times, in my car, in my office and at my home and I use it religiously. I don't agree with dan, I think he's the goat roper. But some of us must be careful.

Nobody said not to be careful. Nobody. And the entire nation can't get their groceries delivered to their house, his idea, along w a 4 week lockdown. For everybody. Well except everybody who has to deliver groceries, etc etc...... just dumb talk. But fantasy land is ok to live in.

Jack Lambert
08-21-2020, 08:25 PM

do you wrap up in bubble wrap when you get on the interstate?******** Just messing with you.

TaleofTwoDogs
08-23-2020, 02:28 PM
do you wrap up in bubble wrap when you get on the interstate?******** Just messing with you.

And I hear the left lane is the safest because the virus can't survive in the left lane! I saw a video on the internet. **

dantheman4248
08-23-2020, 03:02 PM
Nobody said not to be careful. Nobody. And the entire nation can't get their groceries delivered to their house, his idea, along w a 4 week lockdown. For everybody. Well except everybody who has to deliver groceries, etc etc...... just dumb talk. But fantasy land is ok to live in.

You literally can't keep it to one thread that you can't fathom the idea that China employed on Wuhan working anywhere else. It's actually astounding how closed-minded you are. The question was asked what would I do if I had full autonomy. And every rebuttal is something that full autonomy supersedes. So now that you can't come up with anything, you've decided to go and spew your side everywhere else with no context for people to hate me too.

You're running the bitter toxic ex move fresh out of a breakup. Get a grip dude. It's an internet forum and you are so scared of a different idea that you've turned into a toxic ex.

Edit: If you're gonna do that at least send me nudes of your tits in private and come crying at my door at 2 am for some toxic hate sex.

HoopsDawg
08-23-2020, 10:59 PM
You literally can't keep it to one thread that you can't fathom the idea that China employed on Wuhan working anywhere else. It's actually astounding how closed-minded you are. The question was asked what would I do if I had full autonomy. And every rebuttal is something that full autonomy supersedes. So now that you can't come up with anything, you've decided to go and spew your side everywhere else with no context for people to hate me too.

You're running the bitter toxic ex move fresh out of a breakup. Get a grip dude. It's an internet forum and you are so scared of a different idea that you've turned into a toxic ex.

Edit: If you're gonna do that at least send me nudes of your tits in private and come crying at my door at 2 am for some toxic hate sex.

This got weird.

DownwardDawg
08-23-2020, 11:45 PM
This got weird.

It's because CadaverDawg hasn't been here in a while. This 17'n idiot would have been back to Genes page a long time ago.

Extendedcab
08-24-2020, 08:28 AM
This got weird.

Oh my, it has always been weird with him! He has now jumped off the cliff, he is in free fall!

Cowbell
08-24-2020, 08:50 AM

And this whole time I have been thinking that Homedawg was a guy...