PDA

View Full Version : Spoke to a LSU season ticket holder

TrapGame
08-21-2020, 11:24 AM
They are not going to any games this season. They could not be guaranteed a seat b/c the big money boosters get first pick since they can't use their suites.

In other words we may be playing LSU at night in Death Valley with a bunch of rich blue hairs sitting on their hands. The student section will be a paltry shadow of what it used to be.

msstate7
08-21-2020, 11:30 AM
Certainly helps. Still gotta find a way to cover chase.

This same deal with help our visitors too though. I think no crowds or very limited will favor the better team for the most part.

Be interesting to see how defenses play bc they seem to be helped the most by the crowd

notsofarawaydawg
08-21-2020, 12:16 PM
Don't you know the other teams visiting Starkville are happy there won't be 40,000+ cowbells ringing in their ears.

NWADAWG
08-21-2020, 12:18 PM
Certainly helps. Still gotta find a way to cover chase.

This same deal with help our visitors too though. I think no crowds or very limited will favor the better team for the most part.

Be interesting to see how defenses play bc they seem to be helped the most by the crowd

25% capacity cowbells should be more disruptive than 25% blue hairs all day long.

Mobile Bay
08-21-2020, 12:36 PM
25% capacity cowbells should be more disruptive than 25% blue hairs all day long.

The problem is we are giving out tickets according to money as well. So it will be our blue hairs instead. Auburn going all students is looking smarter every day.

Cowbell
08-21-2020, 01:27 PM
The problem is we are giving out tickets according to money as well. So it will be our blue hairs instead. Auburn going all students is looking smarter every day.
Students should always come first in this case.

Mjoelner34
08-21-2020, 01:42 PM
The problem is we are giving out tickets according to money as well.

Auburn is too to an extent. Looks like their premium/club members will be there but the donors with bleacher seats will not.

From auburntigers.com:
In an effort to contribute to the on-campus experience of our current students, all general seating tickets outside of controlled premium spaces and those designated for home and visiting team player and coach guests will be reserved for Auburn students for the home opener on Sept. 26 versus Kentucky. Ticket allocations for future games will be announced at a later date. As the season progresses, the seating plan and configuration may change as additional information related to COVID-19 becomes available.

Jack Lambert
08-21-2020, 02:35 PM

I agree. Money is important but my understanding talking to ticket office is once they see who is going to get in those are going to have a second chance to opt out if they don't like their seating. Then the freed up seats go to the next in. I figure there will be a lot of people opt out because no tailgating and seating. There will end up being folks get in who did not think their priority was high enough. I do not expect to get in. If I get a seat I will take it no matter where it is located. If not I will just enjoy the game at my home. I will not be disappointed. Just play.

ShotgunDawg
08-21-2020, 02:44 PM
As far as a home field advantage, no matter the makeup of the 20K people in any SEC stadium won’t sound like much. Players will be able to communicate on the field and crowd noise won’t play any factor

RocketDawg
08-21-2020, 04:12 PM
They are not going to any games this season. They could not be guaranteed a seat b/c the big money boosters get first pick since they can't use their suites.

In other words we may be playing LSU at night in Death Valley with a bunch of rich blue hairs sitting on their hands. The student section will be a paltry shadow of what it used to be.

Why is LSU closing the suites? Other schools plan to have them open.

TrapGame
08-21-2020, 04:21 PM
Why is LSU closing the suites? Other schools plan to have them open.

I don't know. She said something about the school is afraid they would jam the suite full of people or something. I guess some kind of social distancing precaution.

Homedawg
08-21-2020, 04:34 PM

Lots and lots of blue hairs opting out. Besides Liverpool. He will be there and you should stay home to protect him.....

Cowbell
08-21-2020, 04:46 PM
Lots and lots of blue hairs opting out. Besides Liverpool. He will be there and you should stay home to protect him.....

Lol

the_real_MSU_is_us
08-21-2020, 06:14 PM
yeah I can't imagine 20-25% fans being able to intimidate any visiting team, or cause a QB to not be able to communicate with his WRs.

It'll mostly be about motivation (home team being cheered for) and familiarity with the stadium. All in all barely anything.

Which is fine- makes it easier to evaluate how good our team really is