PDA

View Full Version : Who Does LSU hire to Replace Ogre?

ShotgunDawg
08-19-2020, 02:40 PM
Let?s face it, Orgeron is a walking, talking caricature of a meat head, win at all cost, cover up everything football coach and probably turned a blind eye to this. Whether or not LSU covers him in this, who knows.

With that being said, assuming Orgeron is fired, who do they hire?

My guess is Pelini would be the interim, and Urban is the obvious hire.

However, if Urban doesn?t want the job, who do they hire?

If it were me, Kyle Wittingham and move on with life.

HailStateSZN19
08-19-2020, 02:42 PM
LSU is firing Coach O?? Where you seeing that Shotgun and why would you assume they're gonna fire him?

ShotgunDawg
08-19-2020, 02:45 PM
LSU is firing Coach O?? Where you seeing that Shotgun and why would you assume they're gonna fire him?

If LSU investigates and find that the Guice accusers went to the coaching staff and they covered it up, Coach O is gone

maroonmania
08-19-2020, 02:46 PM
If the basketball coach can survive being in the middle of the FBI wiretap scandal I don't see O going down for this. Not with a NC under his belt.

Walkerhill
08-19-2020, 02:49 PM
Let?s face it, Orgeron is a walking, talking caricature of a meat head, win at all cost, cover up everything football coach and probably turned a blind eye to this. Whether or not LSU covers him in this, who knows.

With that being said, assuming Orgeron is fired, who do they hire?

My guess is Pelini would be the interim, and Urban is the obvious hire.

However, if Urban doesn?t want the job, who do they hire?

If it were me, Kyle Wittingham and move on with life.

Depends on if these stories snowball into NCAA issues. The USA Today story has lack of institutional control written all over it. I mean, if I understand correctly the victims claim the coach, athletic department and uni had firsthand knowledge and communications with the victims and failed to appropriately handle the cases or protect the victims from harassment. Yikes! Not quite Baylor level but in the same ballpark.

It would be pretty hard to get elite coaches to touch that if they step into that kind of trouble.

ShotgunDawg
08-19-2020, 02:49 PM
If the basketball coach can survive being in the middle of the FBI wiretap scandal I don't see O going down for this. Not with a NC under his belt.

Far different issues.

Public sentiment doesn’t have any issue with players being paid.

However, society has decided that crimes against women and the people that covered it up is akin to murder

ShotgunDawg
08-19-2020, 02:50 PM
Depends on if these stories snowball into NCAA issues. The USA Today story has lack of institutional control written all over it. I mean, if I understand correctly the victims claim the coach, athletic department and uni had firsthand knowledge and communications with the victims and failed to appropriately handle the cases or protect the victims from harassment. Yikes! Not quite Baylor level but in the same ballpark.

It would be pretty hard to get elite coaches to touch that if they step into that kind of trouble.

O is gone if he covered it up.

Tiger dropping even agrees

R2Dawg
08-19-2020, 03:03 PM
Far different issues.

Public sentiment doesn?t have any issue with players being paid.

However, society has decided that crimes against women and the people that covered it up is akin to murder

True, right or wrong in public court has nothing to do with it. The PC fire is what will draw blood.

trob115
08-19-2020, 03:05 PM
Mullen.... only half way kidding

basedog
08-19-2020, 03:07 PM

IF the allegations of the two women who "claimed/said" to have been raped when Guice was at Lsu and if it comes to a trail, it will be years down the road imo. No doubt there is a "elephant" in the room but I think it's gonna be hard to prove, but time will tell. After I read the stories about these two women, it made my skin crawl especially what O said hen he was told of the stories.

RocketDawg
08-19-2020, 03:53 PM
Far different issues.

Public sentiment doesn’t have any issue with players being paid.

Actual rape is not murder, but it's pretty near the top of the badness scale. Much worse than the "white collar crime" of being paid as a player, or even diverting funds from the children's hospital. The coaches at Baylor (?) were fired for something similar, were they not? I hope Orgeron didn't cover things up. I like him.

Cooterpoot
08-19-2020, 04:21 PM
He's not getting fired. LSU is bulletproof

ShotgunDawg
08-19-2020, 04:40 PM
He's not getting fired. LSU is bulletproof

From NCAA stuff yeah, but I’m not sure about from something like this.

CEH did get away with murder though. So not sure

bulldawg28
08-19-2020, 04:57 PM
Mullen.... only half way kidding

Mullen...not kidding.

viverlibre
08-19-2020, 05:02 PM
If LSU investigates and find that the Guice accusers went to the coaching staff and they covered it up, Coach O is gone

haha, that ain't happening!

Homedawg
08-19-2020, 05:02 PM
Mullen...not kidding.

Why? he's got an easier path at Fla than LSU. He's not going there. At least not anytime soon.

VandelayIndustries
08-19-2020, 07:08 PM
From NCAA stuff yeah, but I’m not sure about from something like this.

CEH did get away with murder though. So not sure

Very ignorant of you to say this; CEH had a gun pulled on him and his friend. He reacted it was self defense, CEH is good people

Mobile Bay
08-19-2020, 07:13 PM
I see only one choice, Joe Exotic.

TNDawg35
08-19-2020, 07:16 PM
Why? he's got an easier path at Fla than LSU. He's not going there. At least not anytime soon.

Shit let Notre Dame or Penn State come calling. If I was the Irish, he would be my first call. He would do really well up there...

bulldawg28
08-19-2020, 07:22 PM

Easier path at Florida, yes. Big talent pool with little competition in recruiting is LSU.

redstickdawg
08-19-2020, 07:26 PM
Very ignorant of you to say this; CEH had a gun pulled on him and his friend. He reacted it was self defense, CEH is good people

not the first time that he has accused CEH of murder without any evidence and total ignorance of the published facts. Par for the course.

turkish
08-19-2020, 07:40 PM
Unless there?s major Title IX exposure, this is a big yawner for LSU. But Guice probably did it.

maroonmania
08-19-2020, 07:46 PM
Far different issues.

Public sentiment doesn?t have any issue with players being paid.

I agree in that in the court of public opinion this is a more serious matter but the LSU basketball coach was on tape with his stuff. Isn't this a he said/she said thing? I mean why did these women not report these incidents to the police? Instead you go to the guy's football coaches? Very strange move if you are physically violated and really want justice.

ShotgunDawg
08-19-2020, 08:03 PM

Eh... not what I heard ACTUALLY happened but since neither of us were there, it's not worth debating

bobtail bob
08-19-2020, 08:43 PM
O is going nowhere. LSU is slinging around laundered charity money right now for people to keep their mouths shut. Guise is just the tip of the iceberg there. Louisiana people cry out in pain as they stab you in the back.

DownwardDawg
08-19-2020, 09:47 PM
Who is CEH??

MrCoachKlein
08-19-2020, 09:58 PM
Edwards-helaire

Joebob
08-19-2020, 10:16 PM
I see only one choice, Joe Exotic.

Now *that* would be a story.

FISHDAWG
08-20-2020, 07:17 AM

even Joe Paterno couldn't escape something like this and he was much more a legend than O

TrapGame
08-20-2020, 08:24 AM
even Joe Paterno couldn't escape something like this and he was much more a legend than O

Yes. And covering up multiple rapes is not buying recruits w/ charity money. That's serious shit right there. As the father of two daughters I'd want blood.

Jack Lambert
08-20-2020, 09:22 AM
Myers.

TrapGame
08-20-2020, 09:37 AM
Myers.

I can see that. I also think Franklin would go after it. The SEC is serious about football. He's twiddling his thumbs in Happy Valley this fall.

Jack Lambert
08-20-2020, 09:40 AM
I can see that. I also think Franklin would go after it. The SEC is serious about football. He's twiddling his thumbs in Happy Valley this fall.

Either of the two would be scary for the rest of the West.

BeardoMSU
08-20-2020, 10:19 AM

Franklin was involved in a similar situation while at Vandy, though.

was21
08-20-2020, 10:19 AM
Florida job is better than LSU job

TrapGame
08-20-2020, 10:51 AM
Franklin was involved in a similar situation while at Vandy, though.

Ouch. That won't make the resume then. They'd probably tell him no thanks.

ShotgunDawg
08-20-2020, 10:54 AM

Hmmm. It shouldn’t be

Jack Lambert
08-20-2020, 11:43 AM

I don't know about that one. LSU is king dog in LA but Fl has to compete with several schools in state. I guess being in Florida is better than being in Louisiana. Both have positives and negatives. Both have impatient fans. The East is easier right now.