PDA

View Full Version : Wazzu WR in the transfer portal? can we make room?

ScoobaDawg
08-17-2020, 02:36 PM
https://twitter.com/ESPNRittenberg/status/1295399020563750912

ShotgunDawg
08-17-2020, 02:39 PM
You damn right you do!

ScoobaDawg
08-17-2020, 02:41 PM
You damn right you do!

Welcome back buddy... Let's do this!!!

Ifyouonlyknew
08-17-2020, 02:42 PM
You damn right you do!

You just tell a kid "no you won't be getting your practice gear tomorrow go ahead & head home"?

Commercecomet24
08-17-2020, 02:42 PM
You damn right you do!

Welcome back!

ShotgunDawg
08-17-2020, 02:44 PM
You just tell a kid "no you won't be getting your practice gear tomorrow go ahead & head home"?

No. You find a kid that isn’t playing and put him on a “different type of scholarship”

Ifyouonlyknew
08-17-2020, 03:11 PM
No. You find a kid that isn’t playing and put him on a “different type of scholarship”

If it was that easy we would've done that earlier in the summer & got a CB.

ShotgunDawg
08-17-2020, 03:22 PM
If it was that easy we would've done that earlier in the summer & got a CB.

Perhaps, but this one has fallen in our lap and the coaches may feel an obligation to help him.

If there’s any possible way, I expect we’ll seek it out.

We’ll see. Neither you nor I actually know ALL the rules well enough right now to know if there’s anything we can do.

Cooterpoot
08-17-2020, 08:07 PM
Normally, yes. But we don't have room unless someone falls out.

ShotgunDawg
08-17-2020, 08:14 PM

So our first practice tomorrow will bring to reality the phrase "make their ass quit?"

HoopsDawg
08-17-2020, 08:16 PM

cut one of the tutorgate players.

ShotgunDawg
08-17-2020, 08:22 PM
cut one of the tutorgate players.

You missed a tackle $&@ $&@$!'&$, run 30 miles. If you walk, it's 30 more miles.

Don't believe me? I'll lock you in a shed

msstate7
08-17-2020, 08:22 PM
Is it even "ncaa" football this fall? Could the sec allow 5 extra scholarships this year only? Say it's to help those that can't play in conferences where they aren't playing.

confucius say
08-17-2020, 08:23 PM
What about Tyler Williams's scholly?

Homedawg
08-17-2020, 08:25 PM
So our first practice tomorrow will bring to reality the phrase "make their ass quit?"

You can't cut them now. They are counted against scholarships.

Homedawg
08-17-2020, 08:25 PM
What about Tyler Williams's scholly?

He counts against the number even if he opts out. Makes no difference

ShotgunDawg
08-17-2020, 08:54 PM
You can't cut them now. They are counted against scholarships.

With all the transfers now, you can't afford to recruit guys that can't play

You're way better off saving that scholly for a transfer. We're having to pass on a guy that would likely be one of our 20 best players.

Homedawg
08-17-2020, 09:03 PM
With all the transfers now, you can't afford to recruit guys that can't play

You're way better off saving that scholly for a transfer. We're having to pass on a guy that would likely be one of our 20 best players.
I meant it's too late. We are at the 83 limit. Can't take it back. Sorry is what it is

Jack Lambert
08-17-2020, 10:16 PM

Use the Saban approach. Get one to take medical waive or whatever they call it. .

Homedawg
08-17-2020, 10:25 PM
Use the Saban approach. Get one to take medical waive or whatever they call it. .

It's too late!!! Had we had a spring that might have been possible we didn't. We can't.

ScoobaDawg
08-17-2020, 10:29 PM
Thanks Bracky***

Homedawg
08-17-2020, 10:32 PM
Well clearly gun doesn't get it. Somebody got to tell him. Over over and over.

StateDawg44
08-18-2020, 07:47 AM
So when do we get the other scholarships back from Tutor Gate?

ShotgunDawg
08-18-2020, 08:05 AM
So when do we get the other scholarships back from Tutor Gate?

Did we self impose 2020? Because this article says 2021 and 2022 we lose 2 schollies

https://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/mississippi-state-years-probation-ncaa-65154203

FISHDAWG
08-18-2020, 08:13 AM
Could the guy walk-on if he wanted to play that badly ? I'm sure it only because the PAC-12 isn't playing and we should expect to see more of this - possibly even better talent but I still don't think you can just throw one or two of our guys out the door .... and certainly not with the rest of the team watching unless it was disciplinary action..... and speaking of that we do have one WR that we are waiting to hear his ......

ShotgunDawg
08-18-2020, 08:16 AM
Could the guy walk-on if he wanted to play that badly ? I'm sure it only because the PAC-12 isn't playing and we should expect to see more of this - possibly even better talent but I still don't think you can just throw one or two of our guys out the door .... and certainly not with the rest of the team watching unless it was disciplinary action..... and speaking of that we do have one WR that we are waiting to hear his ......

Yes he could. Rose bowl just said he could on Bo Bounds but he’ll have other offers.

TrapGame
08-18-2020, 08:16 AM

Yep.

Rosie said on OOB that we could offer him a preferred walk-on spot. When a scholly opens up it's his.

Edit: Gun back on top of his game.

RiverCityDawg
08-18-2020, 08:30 AM
Yes he could. Rose bowl just said he could on Bo Bounds but he’ll have other offers.

He might have other offers, but I bet many and maybe even the majority of teams are locked in to their max like us. Then of those that have openings, many likely aren't looking for a receiver. I would say it's a long shot, but it'll be interesting to see what other options are available to him.

ShotgunDawg
08-18-2020, 09:02 AM
He might have other offers, but I bet many and maybe even the majority of teams are locked in to their max like us. Then of those that have openings, many likely aren't looking for a receiver. I would say it's a long shot, but it'll be interesting to see what other options are available to him.

Just have him take out a student loan and then have someone in the football building pay off the loan in 5 years.

This isn't hard

Johnson85
08-18-2020, 09:21 AM
Yep.

Rosie said on OOB that we could offer him a preferred walk-on spot. When a scholly opens up it's his.

Edit: Gun back on top of his game.

He's a senior. He'll be out of eligibility by the time we have a scholarship. The best we can offer him is a preferred walk on spot and an option to start in the SEC in a system he knows with an NFL prospect at QB.

Also, how good is he? His stats don't scream at you. 685 yds as a So. and then 564 as a Jr. (I assume maybe the drop off is due to losing the Mississippi QB?). He was their 6th leading receiver in yds in 2019. Looks like they had a top three and then there were four of them in the 500's. He was 7th in receptions. Again, a clear top three and then a decent drop off. I know we need receivers, and it'd be great to have somebody that knows the system. But as bad as our WRs have been, I'm not sure one year of Washington State's 6th best receiver really moves the needle that much for us. We might be better off having our younger guys take their lumps so we're getting better for next year.

Liverpooldawg
08-18-2020, 09:33 AM
No. You find a kid that isn?t playing and put him on a ?different type of scholarship?

It doesn't work like that.

ShotgunDawg
08-18-2020, 09:34 AM
It doesn't work like that.

Works that way at Bama

TrapGame
08-18-2020, 09:35 AM
He's a senior. He'll be out of eligibility by the time we have a scholarship. The best we can offer him is a preferred walk on spot and an option to start in the SEC in a system he knows with an NFL prospect at QB.

Also, how good is he? His stats don't scream at you. 685 yds as a So. and then 564 as a Jr. (I assume maybe the drop off is due to losing the Mississippi QB?). He was their 6th leading receiver in yds in 2019. Looks like they had a top three and then there were four of them in the 500's. He was 7th in receptions. Again, a clear top three and then a decent drop off. I know we need receivers, and it'd be great to have somebody that knows the system. But as bad as our WRs have been, I'm not sure one year of Washington State's 6th best receiver really moves the needle that much for us. We might be better off having our younger guys take their lumps so we're getting better for next year.

Rosebowl was saying something about Tyler having a semester left and if he opts out of football it may be possible to offer the WR that semester as a scholly. Probably not how it works but that's what RB was insinuating.