PDA

View Full Version : If all goes according to plan

Cowbell
08-17-2020, 12:41 AM
And I doubt it does. I actually think other leagues will jump back on board due to pressure from players. But if all stays as currently planned, which P5 team has the highest chance to gain national attention?

We do. So many football fans are excited to see Leach in the SEC, even before this Chinese crude. I can't tell you how many People here in TX have told me they look forward to watching us now. Tech fans, sooner fans, and all the General Bama haters. This could be a huge year for us just in terms of growing our national brand.

99jc
08-17-2020, 07:13 AM
i hope the Big 10 doesn't play i hate Kirk H talk about OSU.

basedog
08-17-2020, 07:50 AM
I can't wait till the first Sec game, the reaction from the other two so called Power 5 conferences will have a major breakdown.

I bet the talk about not playing has gone nuts with most Coaches.

P.S. I can't wait till Deer Season, man's gotta feed the family with all natural protein! It truly is America's Sport, LOL!

Jack Lambert
08-17-2020, 08:18 AM
The two P5 opted out should let the schools who want to play work out a way to play.

Cooterpoot
08-17-2020, 08:22 AM
For those conferences to get back in (there's no chance the PAC will), they'd have to commit to it before Sept. I don't see that happening.

Leeshouldveflanked
08-17-2020, 08:37 AM
PAC 12 is too woke to have sports for at least a year.... If I were Lemonis and Leach, I would be recruiting the west coast hard.

Cowbell
08-17-2020, 08:41 AM
I can't wait till the first Sec game, the reaction from the other two so called Power 5 conferences will have a major breakdown.

P.S. I can't wait till Deer Season, man's gotta feed the family with all natural protein! It truly is America's Sport, LOL!

Amen - I'm headed to Alaska for DIY Caribou next week.

Jack Lambert
08-17-2020, 09:36 AM
For those conferences to get back in (there's no chance the PAC will), they'd have to commit to it before Sept. I don't see that happening.

Technically they could have a winter season and start in November. I kind of hope they are able to at lest have a spring season. That would be kind of cool having extra college football.

basedog
08-17-2020, 09:49 AM

Man that sounds like fun! Best of luck hope you get a good one!

Leeshouldveflanked
08-17-2020, 10:37 AM
Is Caribou an acquired taste? One of my buddies that has hunted animals all over North America said Caribou meat was most expensive dog food he ever had. The most exotic large animal that I have tried is Black Bear...the meat was alright, but I kept getting a mental image of the meat cooking on the grill as being a little to human looking.... but I will take all the Elk you have, that?s some good stuff.

Cowbell
08-17-2020, 11:10 AM
Is Caribou an acquired taste? One of my buddies that has hunted animals all over North America said Caribou meat was most expensive dog food he ever had. The most exotic large animal that I have tried is Black Bear...the meat was alright, but I kept getting a mental image of the meat cooking on the grill as being a little to human looking.... but I will take all the Elk you have, that?s some good stuff.

Caribou meat is awesome before the bulls start rutting. Once October gets here, the bull meat becomes inedible quickly. Same for pronghorn. I shot a big one last year in the middle of rut and it was dog food. I will not shoot another one in rut for that reason, I dont care how big he is. Elk and mule deer off the mountains are always primo! Between my wife and I, we get atleast one elk a year usually.

Cowbell
08-17-2020, 11:11 AM
Man that sounds like fun! Best of luck hope you get a good one!

Thank you sir. Remind me after labor day and I will post an update. If any of you fellas like to hunt out west, this is my passion. All DIY on a budget, usually on public land.

DownwardDawg
08-17-2020, 11:22 AM
Thank you sir. Remind me after labor day and I will post an update. If any of you fellas like to hunt out west, this is my passion. All DIY on a budget, usually on public land.

That sounds like so much fun! That's how I like to do things!!!

basedog
08-17-2020, 11:32 AM
Caribou meat is awesome before the bulls start rutting. Once October gets here, the bull meat becomes inedible quickly. Same for pronghorn. I shot a big one last year in the middle of rut and it was dog food. I will not shoot another one in rut for that reason, I dont care how big he is. Elk and mule deer off the mountains are always primo! Between my wife and I, we get atleast one elk a year usually.

Hard to beat Elk meat, also Red Stag is awesome. I also heard Axis was about as good as it gets with exotics.

R2Dawg
08-17-2020, 11:58 AM

Base agree on all fronts.

Playing or not playing football will have a major impact on the country. SEC, ACC, Big12 is playin - book it. The anger and hatred of the rest of the country will intensify on the South.

I too am getting excited about deer season around the corner. Cancel culture can't cancel that. The only sport, I don't mind wearing a mask for.

msbulldog
08-17-2020, 12:12 PM

Playing or not playing football will have a major impact on the country. SEC, ACC, Big12 is playin - book it. The anger and hatred of the rest of the country will intensify on the South.

I too am getting excited about deer season around the corner. Cancel culture can't cancel that. The only sport, I don't mind wearing a mask for.

Let 'em hate, better to be pissed off than to be pissed on.

BB30
08-17-2020, 12:21 PM

Illinois I beileve, closed their public land back in the spring as we were looking to potentially go turkey hunting out there. I am sure they have probably opened things back up since then.

basedog
08-17-2020, 12:24 PM

Nothing like being outside with your favorite weapon waiting on a wild game critter.

Went to deer camp this weekend to do a little trimming and checking out a few things, no mask required, LOL!

Cowbell
08-17-2020, 12:31 PM
Illinois I beileve, closed their public land back in the spring as we were looking to potentially go turkey hunting out there. I am sure they have probably opened things back up since then.
This will be the biggest year we see for hunting possibly in the last 20-30 years. Most nonresident hunting applications increased 40% in western states.

basedog
08-17-2020, 12:34 PM
This will be the biggest year we see for hunting possibly in the last 20-30 years. Most nonresident hunting applications increased 40% in western states.

Social Distancing at it's best!!!

DeltaChicagoDog
08-17-2020, 01:15 PM

They have. Chicago has been up and down in the phases and shutdowns, but the rest of the Illinois should be fine.

Cowbell
08-17-2020, 01:23 PM
Social Distancing at it's best!!!

If football gets canceled this fall, we should have a OT hunting thread that stays open all fall/winter.

basedog
08-17-2020, 02:09 PM
If football gets canceled this fall, we should have a OT hunting thread that stays open all fall/winter.

+1

DownwardDawg
08-17-2020, 02:19 PM

We may put a hurt on the deer population this year if there ain't no football!!! lol

StateDawg44
08-17-2020, 03:03 PM

Would that not be allowed even if football is played?

R2Dawg
08-17-2020, 08:38 PM
Nothing like being outside with your favorite weapon waiting on a wild game critter.

Went to deer camp this weekend to do a little trimming and checking out a few things, no mask required, LOL!

Yeah I got out and moved a tree stand, did a little maint. and scoped out a few spots. About to get a few spots busted up in week or two. Need some rain where I am bad, grass all dead. But this past weekend started giving me a little fever for the season. Made me forget all about the virus BS.

Cowbell
08-17-2020, 09:25 PM
Yeah I got out and moved a tree stand, did a little maint. and scoped out a few spots. About to get a few spots busted up in week or two. Need some rain where I am bad, grass all dead. But this past weekend started giving me a little fever for the season. Made me forget all about the virus BS.

Spending time away from the world and closer to Gods creation has that effect. It's why I love hunting in the mountains.

basedog
08-17-2020, 10:06 PM
Spending time away from the world and closer to Gods creation has that effect. It's why I love hunting in the mountains.

Never hunted the mountains but I have several friends who do and love it. I could get into Elk hunting in the mountains but no camping in the wilderness for me. I like luxury or at least a bed with a real roof over my head. LOL

FISHDAWG
08-18-2020, 07:12 AM

post some pics in the Outdoor forum .... there's just no place quite like Alaska

Cowbell
08-18-2020, 08:25 AM
post some pics in the Outdoor forum .... there's just no place quite like Alaska
I will try and do that

Cowbell
08-18-2020, 08:25 AM
Never hunted the mountains but I have several friends who do and love it. I could get into Elk hunting in the mountains but no camping in the wilderness for me. I like luxury or at least a bed with a real roof over my head. LOL
You need to go mountain hunting ASAP. plenty of luxury camping options.

basedog
08-18-2020, 12:02 PM
You need to go mountain hunting ASAP. plenty of luxury camping options.

U right about hunting in the mountains with options. I will say I have another opportunity in about a month to shoot a red deer/red stag, Yes it's on a high fence property that a good friend owns. I would never pay for such a hunt but it's a freebie with a chance to get some awesome meat in my freezer. It's not about the rack it's about the meat, he had too many babies born a few years back and he thins his herd every so often. I know I know, but it's still fun. LOL