PDA

View Full Version : My "trusted sources"

Todd4State
08-15-2020, 02:12 PM
At 247 sports are saying that the SEC will release the 2020 schedule on Monday.

I think if USM and South Alabama play on September 3 we're good to go as far as the fall goes. So this is happening a little more quickly than the SEC start date.

BeastMan
08-15-2020, 02:27 PM
https://tenor.com/view/beavis-and-butthead-sox-luv-gif-10295232

https://tenor.com/view/beavis-and-butthead-sox-luv-gif-10295232

Hambone
08-15-2020, 02:37 PM
Keep an open mind as it’s possible we will be playing Ole Miss first.

Contrary to what has been reported previously

confucius say
08-15-2020, 03:02 PM
I know everything is messed up and we should not get hopes up, but imma be honest: 11 straight weeks of nothing but conference games could be really fun to watch. TV ratings should be through the roof

Mobile Bay
08-15-2020, 03:05 PM
I know everything is messed up and we should not get hopes up, but imma be honest: 11 straight weeks of nothing but conference games could be really fun to watch. TV ratings should be through the roof

I think I read two bye weeks and an extra week empty at the end for a make up game if needed.

Commercecomet24
08-15-2020, 03:12 PM

I agree and let's hope that it comes to pass!

Jack Lambert
08-15-2020, 03:16 PM
I am tempted in buying USM season tickets. I can give them away but they are so cheap and it will only help college football.

BeardoMSU
08-15-2020, 03:35 PM

I wonder who that would benefit more, us or them? You wouldn't have to worry about a significant home field advantage from the crowd.

Cooterpoot
08-15-2020, 04:00 PM

We are not.

viverlibre
08-15-2020, 05:08 PM
Keep an open mind as it?s possible we will be playing Ole Miss first.

I wouldn?t mind this. I wish the game would move off thanksgiving.

Todd4State
08-15-2020, 06:02 PM
We are not.

Yeah- I can't see Cohen going on the radio with a specific date like he did if he wasn't confident that was going to be the case. And yes, I do remember the baseball coaching search but this is a more seasoned John Cohen.

I wouldn?t mind this. I wish the game would move off thanksgiving.

I don't like playing on Thanksgiving either. I think the SEC should rotate that day between all the teams in the league. I do think the Egg Bowl should be the last game of the season for us though. It would be really cool if the SEC moved the SEC Championship Game back a weekend to the same weekend as the Army/Navy game and then all the rivalries were the first Saturday in December.

Lord McBuckethead
08-15-2020, 06:46 PM
Sounds weird, but i wish we played UM the first game of the year on Thursday to open college football.

Todd4State
08-15-2020, 07:14 PM
Sounds weird, but i wish we played UM the first game of the year on Thursday to open college football.

That's going to be USM/South Alabama this year.

TrapGame
08-15-2020, 08:01 PM
I guess it might be better to have the EB right off the bat b/c there's a chance they shut down football after the first two or three games if the Rona hits all the locker rooms at once.

Todd4State
08-15-2020, 08:14 PM
I guess it might be better to have the EB right off the bat b/c there's a chance they shut down football after the first two or three games if the Rona hits all the locker rooms at once.

I find that pretty unlikely based on MLB.

Cooterpoot
08-15-2020, 08:41 PM
Egg Bowl will not be game one.

msu15
08-15-2020, 09:14 PM
Egg Bowl not being the last game of the season would suck, but if it keeps it on Thanksgiving I'm fine with it being game 8 or 9 this year.

TrapGame
08-15-2020, 09:35 PM

Good. I don't keep up w/ MLB. I hate baseball. My dad made me play as a kid cause he played through high school. I hated it.

Todd4State
08-15-2020, 09:40 PM
Good. I don't keep up w/ MLB. I hate baseball. My dad made me play as a kid cause he played through high school. I hated it.

Well to back my point up- the Cardinals basically had an outbreak and the Marlins had one too. Both had to miss some games but both have come back and are playing again. When the outbreaks first happened some of the media were parroting "well we've got to shut it down now!"

Also the Reds had someone test positive today and we'll see how that goes but I can't imagine that they wouldn't be back at some point.

Homedawg
08-15-2020, 11:02 PM

The same baseball that's suspending multiple games for one positive? If one is all it takes ... well

confucius say
08-16-2020, 09:03 AM
I don't recall Cohen locking in a specific date for the BFTGE on the radio. I know he said not the first game and talked about December 5, but he didn't say December 5 was the confirmed date if I recall correctly.

dantheman4248
08-16-2020, 12:08 PM
MLB actually compensates the players currently paying very well and suspends games over one positive test plus has solid quarantine measures in place and enforceable for professional athletes.

Comparing it to 18-22 year olds in college who aren't making hand over fist and losing the extra perks that come along with football stardom, no way in hell does a whole team not expose themself to this virus. Hilariously wishful thinking.

Todd4State
08-16-2020, 12:40 PM
MLB actually compensates the players currently paying very well and suspends games over one positive test plus has solid quarantine measures in place and enforceable for professional athletes.

Comparing it to 18-22 year olds in college who aren't making hand over fist and losing the extra perks that come along with football stardom, no way in hell does a whole team not expose themself to this virus. Hilariously wishful thinking.

The Marlins flat out broke the quarantine rules and MLB is still going on as well as the Marlins.

Homedawg
08-16-2020, 01:13 PM
The Marlins flat out broke the quarantine rules and MLB is still going on as well as the Marlins.

And it was costly. While one mLB team violated protocols, every single college football team will have numerous members violate them, if not most of the players.

Todd4State
08-16-2020, 01:35 PM
And it was costly. While one mLB team violated protocols, every single college football team will have numerous members violate them, if not most of the players.

I'm sure they've been violating the rules for awhile or what would be the rules and the numbers of infections are pretty low among football players and staff.

Cowbell
08-16-2020, 01:59 PM

You obviously never played collegiate athletics. Or probably even high school.

Cowbell
08-16-2020, 02:00 PM

Are you gonna turn us in for positive cases or just send the player home? Or is this not a compliance issue!?

Homedawg
08-16-2020, 02:10 PM
Are you gonna turn us in for positive cases or just send the player home? Or is this not a compliance issue!?

Hahah. If it were up to ME, we'd just play football.

maroonmania
08-16-2020, 02:23 PM

Its not really even a compensation issue. Players are actually safer under the watchful eyes of their college coaches than they are just doing their own thing as this article demonstrates.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/29669259/nine-oklahoma-sooners-test-positive-covid-19-returning-break

The ONLY logical reason for not playing football this Fall is if the college is going to keep students off the campus all Fall anyway and just wants to take away all responsibility on their part. Much greater risk of COVID-19 spreads are going to come from students mixing on and around campus than there would be from players playing football where they will be tested multiple times for week and are under adult supervision. I don't think that can even be debated.

dantheman4248
08-16-2020, 02:36 PM
You obviously never played collegiate athletics. Or probably even high school.

You try to insult me by talking about your own life? I don't get it. You didn't even rebut what I said.

My point is that these dudes aren't gonna give up the extra perks of being BMOC. Every team is gonna have double digit cases of Covid this year.

Cowbell
08-16-2020, 02:56 PM
You try to insult me by talking about your own life? I don't get it. You didn't even rebut what I said.

My point is that these dudes aren't gonna give up the extra perks of being BMOC. Every team is gonna have double digit cases of Covid this year.

You are trying to speak from a players point of view when you fail to realize this is all these guys have. They want to play.

Cowbell
08-16-2020, 02:57 PM
Hahah. If it were up to ME, we'd just play football.
I feel much better about our chances now. Thanks lol

Coach34
08-16-2020, 03:05 PM
LSU opens with Mississippi- not us

dantheman4248
08-16-2020, 03:35 PM
You are trying to speak from a players point of view when you fail to realize this is all these guys have. They want to play.

No you are trying to speak from a players point of view when YOU fail to realize what all comes along with being a football player / sports celebrity in a small town like Starkville.

Jack Lambert
08-16-2020, 03:52 PM
No you are trying to speak from a players point of view when YOU fail to realize what all comes along with being a football player / sports celebrity in a small town like Starkville.

They are going to play football. There will be players to test positive. That is the reason for the late start. That is the reason for conference only. They have a plan and I am sure guys smarter than you who has no political ax to grind have put some thought into all this. So give up the ghost. They are going to play and they will play all 10 games. Games might get moved around during the season but that is the reason for conference only schedule. They are expecting players to contract the virus.

Mobile Bay
08-16-2020, 04:50 PM
They are going to play football. There will be players to test positive. That is the reason for the late start. That is the reason for conference only. They have a plan and I am sure guys smarter than you who has no political ax to grind have put some thought into all this. So give up the ghost. They are going to play and they will play all 10 games. Games might get moved around during the season but that is the reason for conference only schedule. They are expecting players to contract the virus.

I think that is the reason for the late start. We know players are going to get it. And the biggest risk time for them is right about now as the rest of the students arrive. I have seen more than enough footage from Tuscaloosa, Auburn, and Stillwell to know that it's about to EXPLODE on campuses because the students are partying, going to bars, and I am sure hooking up. And I expect many players are doing the same.

So the late start gives them time to get over it before the season.

confucius say
08-16-2020, 04:55 PM
I think the new two hour, five dollar, at home saliva tests with a 90% accuracy rate is huge help. They were fda approved this weekend. If we can get enough of those we can test daily for 10 weeks.

Todd4State
08-16-2020, 05:12 PM
LSU opens with Mississippi- not us

Should help ease tensions between the Ole Miss/LSU rivalry.**

Homedawg
08-16-2020, 05:18 PM

Vandy will be upset. They are the johnnies biggest rival now. At least closest competition....

Jack Lambert
08-16-2020, 06:03 PM

that will be a good game. Ole miss always plays them hard. LSU lost a bunch of key players and coaches.

confucius say
08-16-2020, 06:18 PM
I would like to get LSU early

Cowbell
08-16-2020, 07:00 PM

LOL

Cowbell
08-16-2020, 07:01 PM
Like the year we should have won in Starkville with Mullen and Anthony Dixon.

dantheman4248
08-16-2020, 07:07 PM

Problem is the liability of it all and the fear from the top. If they cancel/postpone MLB over one positive test, then how in the ever loving **** are they gonna make it through a football season with college kids. It's like people on here think those kids are robots only programmed to entertain you.

Marijuana is still illegal in Mississippi and I've personally been at a party where a current football player (mind you he was a freshman then) was passing around a blunt. This was a halloween party.

So it's hilarious to think these guys will stay away from hanging out and be social recluses all season. Especially the guys with little to no playing time. Cause why should they bother, they won't play? Then they go out, catch it, and then practice with it and it spreads.

Homedawg
08-16-2020, 07:12 PM
Problem is the liability of it all and the fear from the top. If they cancel/postpone MLB over one positive test, then how in the ever loving **** are they gonna make it through a football season with college kids. It's like people on here think those kids are robots only programmed to entertain you.

Marijuana is still illegal in Mississippi and I've personally been at a party where a current football player (mind you he was a freshman then) was passing around a blunt. This was a halloween party.

So it's hilarious to think these guys will stay away from hanging out and be social recluses all season. Especially the guys with little to no playing time. Cause why should they bother, they won't play? Then they go out, catch it, and then practice with it and it spreads.

True. That's why I hope they were on university dr last night and then to one of the parties of 40 in a 2 bedroom apt.... that'll fix it....

Jack Lambert
08-16-2020, 08:03 PM

Coach O said on Fox news that they are expecting the football players to go and mix with other students, go to bars and some of them are going to contract the virus. They are not stupid. They know and they have planned for that. Give up the ghost. They are playing. The schools are expecting a wave to hit the campus. The Students are heading to school now. The start of football season is September 26th. This give time for the wave to pass. It was in the planned.

As far as the liability goes are you a lawyer? If the school can get sued by a football player who chose to play football knowing the risk then that same football player who catches it in the dorm room can bring a lawsuit for catching in the dorm room.

This liability argument is just BS. Stop trying to be the smartest guy in the room. You come off like an arrogant prick.

Todd4State
08-17-2020, 12:23 AM
Vandy will be upset. They are the johnnies biggest rival now. At least closest competition....

I can hear the announcer- "One school is known for questionable football recruiting, the other bends the rules in baseball recruiting..."

Todd4State
08-17-2020, 12:25 AM

And this is precisely why I wouldn't be worried about liability if I was a school. Pretty easy to prove that these guys weren't following the rules with social media and hundreds of witnesses in some cases.

MaroonFlounder
08-17-2020, 02:18 PM

Proof, or it is complete bullshit. Any swingin' dick can come on a forum under an anonymous user name and spread falsehoods.

SmokeyDawg
08-17-2020, 02:20 PM

Did you just make some far fetched comparison to tell everyone that you were at a Halloween party with a player?

Yeah, the higher ups are so afraid that they just invited 20k people to move to Starkville and double the population in 2 weeks...

Commercecomet24
08-17-2020, 02:28 PM
This should be a pretty simple thing actually. If parent/child are worried about their kids catching the covid have them stay home and sit out a semester or this year and get a job and save some money, or heck just lock yourself in your house if you choose. If you and your child aren't worried about it carry on. When did we start making things so complicated? If you don't want to go to school or play or anything for that matter just don't! If you're good with it carry on! Dang, SMH.

ScoobaDawg
08-17-2020, 02:29 PM

https://psychicmyst.weebly.com/uploads/1/5/6/1/15613344/published/granted-wish-poof.jpg

What else do you wish for sir?