PDA

View Full Version : Weekend C&D Thread: 17 this $*** Edition

BrunswickDawg
08-14-2020, 07:04 PM
Alright y'all, I'm tired of all the BS. We need to get back to the important things in life on this board - sports, food, drink, deer hunting, fishing or damn near anything but COVID or politics.

It was a long week pushing papers around my government office, so we ordered some Mellow Mushroom and I've gotten a growler of Hefeweizen from our local brewery. And now I'm kickin back to some Panic, sippin some Angel's Envy bourbon, and smoking a Cuban.

I hope more of you are doing similar, and are ready to enjoy the weekend.

Cheers!

Commercecomet24
08-14-2020, 07:53 PM
Hear, Hear, brother! I'm in complete agreement! Just got back from a business trip to Alabama and Georgia and I'm watching some Braves softball ha and about to enjoy some of my wife's home cooking, hamburger steaks with brown gravy, rice and biscuits! Good to be home and watching some baseball!

DownwardDawg
08-14-2020, 10:03 PM
Just trying to enjoy family time and not let the crap of the world get to me like it has been. I've paid too much attention to politics lately and let it get the best of me. No cooking or drinking tonight.
Probably gonna fire up the Green Egg tomorrow afternoon. Y'all have a great weekend!!

starkvegasdawg
08-14-2020, 10:19 PM
Daughter turned 13 today. Wants a luau themed party so smoking a butt tomorrow. Closest I was willing to go to a pig in the ground.

BeardoMSU
08-14-2020, 11:32 PM
13th anniversary was yesterday, so I grilled some tuna steaks for the lady. Drank a few Ketel and tonics, which is her drink of choice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IL_pbFbYK0

Tonight I made roast beef po-boys (a la Parasols, New Orleans). Finishing off a bottle of Blanton's, currently....
https://i.gifer.com/WjLn.gif

Commercecomet24
08-14-2020, 11:39 PM
Happy Anniversary, Beardo! Happy Birthday to your daughter, SVD!

DeputyDawg94
08-15-2020, 10:33 AM
My oldest daughter is headed off to college at Southern’s Long Beach campus Sunday to start her freshman year. I’m smoking 5 racks of ribs for the family get together tonight.

Kiss my ass covid!!!

Cooterpoot
08-15-2020, 11:03 AM
Alright y'all, I'm tired of all the BS. We need to get back to the important things in life on this board - sports, food, drink, deer hunting, fishing or damn near anything but COVID or politics.

It was a long week pushing papers around my government office, so we ordered some Mellow Mushroom and I've gotten a growler of Hefeweizen from our local brewery. And now I'm kickin back to some Panic, sippin some Angel's Envy bourbon, and smoking a Cuban.

Cheers!

If you like Angels Envy, make an Old Fashioned with it. I don't care it straight. Just doesn't have the flavor of others, but it's a smooth drink. And it's good in that Old Fashioned.

Sienfield
08-15-2020, 11:14 AM
My granddaughter is invited to meet with the First Lady at the White House this Monday to honor the 100th anniversary of women's suffrage. My son will be taking her. My understanding is that one person from each state was invited. I don't like to brag- well yes I do.

BrunswickDawg
08-15-2020, 11:21 AM
If you like Angels Envy, make an Old Fashioned with it. I don't care it straight. Just doesn't have the flavor of others, but it's a smooth drink. And it's good in that Old Fashioned.

It was a gift, so I started out using it for sippin, and I agree with your opinion. Not big on Old Fashions, but I do like a Manhattan - bet it will work for that too.

StateDawg44
08-15-2020, 11:23 AM

Cheers!

Hell yeah, rock on!

Panic & Whiskey & Smoking & talking about Smoked meats. What more could you ask for? Besides adding in football.

BeardoMSU
08-15-2020, 11:25 AM
My granddaughter is invited to meet with the First Lady at the White House this Monday to honor the 100th anniversary of women's suffrage. My son will be taking her. My understanding is that one person from each state was invited. I don't like to brag- well yes I do.

Whoa! Congrats.

Gutter Cobreh
08-15-2020, 11:34 AM

Awesome! I think most folks would have a hard time not bragging about that! Hope they both have an awesome trip!

DeputyDawg94
08-15-2020, 11:36 AM
Well, I guess you win. That’s pretty cool.

DownwardDawg
08-15-2020, 01:31 PM

That is awesome!!!

Commercecomet24
08-15-2020, 01:38 PM

That's awesome! Congrats!

Cooterpoot
08-15-2020, 08:59 PM

Brag! All you want!

BrunswickDawg
08-15-2020, 10:07 PM

Setting aside politics - it's truly a great experience for kids to get to interact with government in ways like this. I hope your granddaughter has a terrific time.

BrunswickDawg
08-15-2020, 10:14 PM
I was planning on some 2-2-1 ribs today, but my wife had other plans.

Apparently, with my kids both back at school its now become time to redecorate the house. Spent all day painting a couple of rooms, and have another to do tomorrow. Dinner was Chinese takeout, beer was from yesterday's growler, and an 800 mg ibuprofen replaced my bourbon and cigar.

Cooterpoot
08-15-2020, 10:27 PM

Apparently, with my kids both back at school its now become time to redecorate the house. Spent all day painting a couple of rooms, and have another to do tomorrow. Dinner was Chinese takeout, beer was from yesterday's growler, and an 800 mg ibuprofen replaced my bourbon and cigar.

Marriage is....

BeardoMSU
08-15-2020, 10:53 PM

https://media0.giphy.com/media/sDOhzJBsFvjMY/giphy.gif

JK, lol.

ElectroDawg
08-16-2020, 12:52 PM
Jack Daniel's single barrel select and Ultras to drink. Smoked short ribs with a batch of mom's collard greens to eat.

ScoobaDawg
08-17-2020, 02:00 AM
Went out for a bit yesterday to visit an art museum with a special feature.. then went to a favorite bourbon restaurant to taste some special pours. Old fashion with Redemption rye to start, then weller 12. then for the lay Orphan barrel 26 year old scotch, and for me Lil Book Ch.3
Gotta say, Weller 12 - great taste but 90 proof is too low for me.. I hope some day I can secure a bottle of FP. That orphan barrel, goodness retail is 400, but the wife raved about it being one of her favorite scotchs yet. not overly smoky or peaty. My lil book ch3 was ok, definitely not worth the $125 retail . It was good but not great but did get better as it sat there.

Came home and drank some other samples I had gotten from some friends in trades.
Old ezra 07 - tastes like stale peanuts. Being it's jim beam sourced..not surprised. Not a fan.
Heaven Hill BiB - well tasted more like fresh peanuts but still not my thing.. Maybe would pick up a bottle in the future.

Had a few more pours of Rusels reserve SP - Silver Fox, Whistlepig 10 year store pick (actually 12 years) and then Michters Bourbon...
Played a few games of Skip-Bo which the wife loves instead of uno.. and called it a day.

this week I need to open up my samples of Eljiah Craig barrel proof batch A, B, and C to see which I prefer.

if you like High West, i was on a call the other night with a rep, and Rendevous Rye (their best version and seller) is going to be more limited as they stop sourching MGP juice for MSND and instead use RR. Campfire will be distillery only released in utah.

And if you didn't see my last i update..Check out Woodinville. the bourbon is pretty tasty.. But Damn the Rye is amazing... and if you can get a port barrel version..grab it..