PDA

View Full Version : i saw where Victoria Vivans hurt her knee again...does anyone know the extent of the

99jc
08-14-2020, 11:05 AM
injury?

99jc
08-14-2020, 01:07 PM
i got over being lazy and looked it up. McCowen got injured also..........

It's a sight the Indiana Fever have become too accustomed to during their brief time in the "wubble" at IMG Academy in Bradenton, Florida.

Center Teaira McCowan was guarding Los Angeles Sparks guard Tierra Ruffin-Pratt under the basket when the two got tangled.

Both players hit the floor.

Ruffin-Pratt was helped up by her teammate Candace Parker. McCowan stayed down, clutching her ankle in pain.

Indiana Fever center Teaira McCowan (15) avoided serious injury after leaving Wednesday's game against the Los Angeles Sparks, Wednesday, Aug. 5, 2020, in Bradenton, Fla. (A
For a few minutes during the third quarter, it seemed as if the Fever's already injury-plagued season had gotten even worse. If the Fever's star center were to miss extended time, it would certainly make their goal of earning a playoff spot much harder. It would also throw another wrench into the team's efforts to build continuity and chemistry during coach Marianne Stanley's first season.

McCowan re-taped her ankle and returned to the game, but the injury bug has certainly made its presence felt throughout Indiana's roster.

The Fever have had three players out for every game this season, whether it be for COVID-19 reasons or because of injury. Erica Wheeler has yet to play as she deals with medical protocol. Lauren Cox made her WNBA debut Wednesday after missing four games working through medical protocol. Kathleen Doyle missed three games with an ankle injury. Natalie Achonwa missed her second game after injuring her hamstring. Victoria Vivians missed Wednesday's game after injuring her surgically repaired knee against Atlanta.

Even the coaching staff has been affected, after assistant coach April Schilling tore her Achilles in practice while filling in for her shorthanded squad. Schilling left the bubble and will have surgery Friday. Stanley said she hopes to add another assistant coach shortly.

Neither Achonwa's or Vivians' injuries are expected to be long term, but playing shorthanded during a condensed season has begun to wear on the Fever.

Dawg2003
08-14-2020, 04:03 PM
I hope Vivians is okay. She sat out last season due to injury. I think they are playing every other day, so it must be taking a toll on the players.