PDA

View Full Version : Chris Doering on SXM SEC Radio this am: SEC is playing no matter what

TrapGame
08-12-2020, 10:51 AM
CD said his sources are adamant that the SEC is playing football even if they are the only college conference doing it. But, it looks like B12 and ACC will hold firm and play as well.

Cowbell
08-12-2020, 11:27 AM
CD said his sources are adamant that the SEC is playing football even if they are the only college conference doing it. But, it looks like B12 and ACC will hold firm and play as well.

So you're saying that his sources are better than Homedawgs?

TrapGame
08-12-2020, 11:29 AM

I'm just saying that's what the man said.

Cowbell
08-12-2020, 11:30 AM
I'm just saying that's what the man said.
I know I'm joking around man

TrapGame
08-12-2020, 11:35 AM
I know I'm joking around man

I thought so but people are little on edge around here.

Lord McBuckethead
08-12-2020, 12:09 PM
That is fantastic. Come up with the best protection we can give the student athletes and coaches, giving the players every opportunity to not play if they are not comfortable with it, and lets get out there and get going.

fishwater99
08-12-2020, 01:03 PM
They intend to play and may start, but no way we get 10 games in this fall.

Jack Lambert
08-12-2020, 01:07 PM
They intend to play and may start, but no way we get 10 games in this fall.

That's why they are playing conference only so they can suspend games for a week or two. It gives them flexibility. They know football players are going to contract covid and it will not be on the football field.

Homedawg
08-12-2020, 02:01 PM

I hope he's right....

Cowbell
08-12-2020, 02:09 PM
I hope he's right....
Me too man. I would bet my house against it though unless we see the student athletes really make a case for themselves.

hopsondawg22
08-12-2020, 03:43 PM
Where?s the bravado you?ve been spewing lately Homedawg?

Homedawg
08-12-2020, 04:03 PM
Where?s the bravado you?ve been spewing lately Homedawg?

If I say what I think again, Mobile will tell me to stfu and I'm negative. So I'll just cross my fingers we play...

Commercecomet24
08-12-2020, 04:09 PM
I know Homedawg wants football and everything else to proceed he just believes that the fear will eventually win out. He's very rarely wrong with his info but let's hope this is one of the rare times he is(and I know he hopes that as well).

Todd4State
08-12-2020, 04:52 PM
My opinion is the SEC, ACC, and Big 12 play and the Big 10 and PAC 12 don't which I tweeted about a week ago. Hopefully I end up being right.

The Big 10 is trying to bully the SEC and the rest of the power five around.

The nixed the third paid assistant in college baseball. They jumped the gun on everyone with the conference only schedule and that pissed the SEC off. And now they tried to pull this stunt literally two days after the SEC announced their conference only schedule.

I just don't understand what the Big 10's real motive is here though. I don't think it's lawsuits because if it really was they wouldn't be allowing practice to go on. Unless they really believe the only place you can catch COVID is during a football game against another opponent. And I don't know if it's to try to keep the players from unionizing because if it was that backfired because this decision only brought the players closer to doing that than ever when it was otherwise relatively quiet on that front.

I hope the SEC has had enough and just goes ahead and does their thing- the RIGHT thing- and shows them that they aren't going to be able to run the P5.

Commercecomet24
08-12-2020, 05:03 PM
My opinion is the SEC, ACC, and Big 12 play and the Big 10 and PAC 12 don't which I tweeted about a week ago. Hopefully I end up being right.

The nixed the third paid assistant in college baseball. They jumped the gun on everyone with the conference only schedule and that pissed the SEC off. And now they tried to pull this stunt literally two days after the SEC announced their conference only schedule.

I just don't understand what the Big 10's real motive is here though. I don't think it's lawsuits because if it really was they wouldn't be allowing practice to go on. Unless they really believe the only place you can catch COVID is during a football game against another opponent. And I don't know if it's to try to keep the players from unionizing because if it was that backfired because this decision only brought the players closer to doing that than ever when it was otherwise relatively quiet on that front.

I hope the SEC has had enough and just goes ahead and does their thing- the RIGHT thing- and shows them that they aren't going to be able to run the P5.

I hate the big10. They're arrogant elitists who think everyone else is beneath them and believe we should all fall in line behind them. Screw the big10 and the pac12.

Todd4State
08-12-2020, 05:40 PM
I hate the big10. They're arrogant elitists who think everyone else is beneath them and believe we should all fall in line behind them. Screw the big10 and the pac12.

They're out of touch. I hope half their league leaves over this and joins the Big 12 and leaves them with Rutgers and Northwestern.

Jack Lambert
08-12-2020, 05:52 PM
They're out of touch. I hope half their league leaves over this and joins the Big 12 and leaves them with Rutgers and Northwestern.

You think the SEC could give Missouri to the Big 12 and the SEC take Nebraska?

Commercecomet24
08-12-2020, 06:02 PM

That would be hilarious!

Bet Nebraska wishes they would've joined the big12 like Oklahoma and the others did now.

Dawgology
08-12-2020, 07:22 PM

Again. The BIG10 apparently went well I to the red last year on their budget. I think that has a lot to do with it

Thick
08-12-2020, 07:39 PM
If we play 10 games, I will be shocked. My oldest moved into the Phi Mu house Saturday. She tested positive this morning, and I drove to campus and picked her up. Which means she was probably infected before she left for school. They have already had 2 test positive and it has not been a week into it. I just cannot see college campuses doing well in this environment.

Commercecomet24
08-12-2020, 07:55 PM
If we play 10 games, I will be shocked. My oldest moved into the Phi Mu house Saturday. She tested positive this morning, and I drove to campus and picked her up. Which means she was probably infected before she left for school. They have already had 2 test positive and it has not been a week into it. I just cannot see college campuses doing well in this environment.

Sorry to hear that. Praying that she's going to ok.

Homedawg
08-12-2020, 08:10 PM
Again. The BIG10 apparently went well I to the red last year on their budget. I think that has a lot to do with it
And that makes zero sense. They are all going to lose way more this year wo football. Way more!!!

Homedawg
08-12-2020, 08:16 PM

Hate to hear that thick... she'll be fine I hope!

Dawgology
08-12-2020, 09:00 PM

Probably the result of an aggressive pillow fight or some such. I hear that?s all that happens in those sorority houses.

But for real, hope she gets better quickly.

confucius say
08-12-2020, 09:26 PM
Are we (MSU) not resting incoming students when they move in?

Thick
08-12-2020, 09:53 PM
No testing of students before moving in. You cannot go to a medical facility of any kind and get tested unless you have symptoms. There?s not enough tests to do prophylactic testing for all US citizens at this point. Plus, the rapid assay tests are producing a significant amount of false positives and false negatives.

Mobile Bay
08-13-2020, 08:53 AM

Oh, it's going to explode on campus. No two ways about it. You can't put that many boys and girls together without lots and lots of shenanigans.

But there is nothing you can do to stop it either. So we should just let it be what it is and go forward from there.

TrapGame
08-13-2020, 10:04 AM
Oh, it's going to explode on campus. No two ways about it. You can't put that many boys and girls together without lots and lots of shenanigans.

But there is nothing you can do to stop it either. So we should just let it be what it is and go forward from there.

You can't run and hide from a virus. It has to run its course. Take necessary precautions and protect the most vulnerable are the only things you can really do. This digging a hole and crawling in it is bullshit.

War Machine Dawg
08-13-2020, 10:46 AM
You can't run and hide from a virus. It has to run its course. Take necessary precautions and protect the most vulnerable are the only things you can really do. This digging a hole and crawling in it is bullshit.

"You must spread some reputation around before giving it to TrapGame aGAIN."

Nailed it. We're just delaying the inevitable with this lockdown nonsense. It's going to work its way through the population regardless. So protect those who need it most, but otherwise, let us get back to living life. Destroying your entire economy needlessly is absurd.

Commercecomet24
08-13-2020, 11:55 AM
"You must spread some reputation around before giving it to TrapGame aGAIN."

Nailed it. We're just delaying the inevitable with this lockdown nonsense. It's going to work its way through the population regardless. So protect those who need it most, but otherwise, let us get back to living life. Destroying your entire economy needlessly is absurd.

Right on.

R2Dawg
08-13-2020, 09:29 PM

Truth, we have never and will never stop a .2 micron size virus. The thinking about stopping it is not science. The intent when this starting was flatten the curve to not overload the medical system not stop the virus which can't be done.

Todd4State
08-13-2020, 11:31 PM

Yep. We're already talking about how we're going to handle it at my hospital for next year.

FISHDAWG
08-14-2020, 07:13 AM

Someone is now changing their tune ... Sankey is quoted as saying if the SEC stands alone it will be unlikely they will play ... it's gonna take at least one other conference

TrapGame
08-14-2020, 08:10 AM
Someone is now changing their tune ... Sankey is quoted as saying if the SEC stands alone it will be unlikely they will play ... it's gonna take at least one other conference

Looks like the B12 is pretty solid about playing. I think this boils down to the first few games. If it's just a cluster with half the teams in quarantine then they'll pull the plug.

Cowbell
08-14-2020, 08:42 AM
Keep an eye on Nebraska. Hustler fans are not handling this well.