PDA

View Full Version : Time for State to do some Big 10 poaching for spring sports

afranzo
08-11-2020, 02:23 PM
Hey State baseball/all spring sports programs... Go look up the top players committed/attending BIG 10 schools and try to poach them away out of fear of Big 10 shutting down 2021 SPRING SPORTS and also the loss in money those other sports are about to have due to football being shut down... that is of course if SEC doesn?t shut it down here shortly... am I wrong?

Homedawg
08-11-2020, 02:57 PM
Hey State baseball/all spring sports programs... Go look up the top players committed/attending BIG 10 schools and try to poach them away out of fear of Big 10 shutting down 2021 SPRING SPORTS and also the loss in money those other sports are about to have due to football being shut down... that is of course if SEC doesn?t shut it down here shortly... am I wrong?

What spring sports?

Ezsoil
08-11-2020, 03:33 PM
First, MSU has a pretty big logjam on the baseball team....and I'm not sure there are 20 players in the Big 10 that can make the MSU squad as it is...

Bothrops
08-11-2020, 03:38 PM
A CB and DT would be great. Any room?

afranzo
08-11-2020, 03:42 PM
Not just baseball.... think some of the smaller ones too... golf, track, softball off the top of my head.... some of those programs are going to be in a massive funding hole for the next few years with no football this year.... of course this is all a mute point IF the SEC pulls the plug here shortly and we are all in the same boat.... agree, baseball is pretty jammed up for sure... but could be a chance for State to pick up some top talent to boost those smaller programs...

Homedawg
08-11-2020, 03:46 PM
Not just baseball.... think some of the smaller ones too... golf, track, softball off the top of my head.... some of those programs are going to be in a massive funding hole for the next few years with no football this year.... of course this is all a mute point IF the SEC pulls the plug here shortly and we are all in the same boat.... agree, baseball is pretty jammed up for sure... but could be a chance for State to pick up some top talent to boost those smaller programs...

this time of year, other than men's tennis their rosters are full. And usually tennis has some coming in at christmas. Either way, when there are no sports there is no reason to poach. At this point most of those guys are just hoping they have a job. Zero to little income and budgets gonna get chopped quick. Real quick.

HoopsDawg
08-11-2020, 03:55 PM
this time of year, other than men's tennis their rosters are full. And usually tennis has some coming in at christmas. Either way, when there are no sports there is no reason to poach. At this point most of those guys are just hoping they have a job. Zero to little income and budgets gonna get chopped quick. Real quick.

This is a complete disaster.

Homedawg
08-11-2020, 03:57 PM
This is a complete disaster.

yep. But look on the bright side, you won't have to listen to Wolken etc. they won't have jobs w nothing to cover...............

HoopsDawg
08-11-2020, 04:00 PM
yep. But look on the bright side, you won't have to listen to Wolken etc. they won't have jobs w nothing to cover...............

I listened to LeBatard show this morning. It was awful. So much false information he is spreading. Too big of a platform to be so wrong.

Homedawg
08-11-2020, 04:02 PM
I listened to LeBatard show this morning. It was awful. So much false information he is spreading. Too big of a platform to be so wrong.

He won't have a job either......................