PDA

View Full Version : The SEC and Sankey Have Made One Thing Clear

StarkVegasSteve
08-10-2020, 02:26 PM
We've tried to tell people for years, that in the SEC IT JUST MEANS MORE. We call the shots and we make the decisions. It's never more abundantly clear than today. We got a huge assist from the players last night, but if the SEC wasn't pushing this today then college football would've folded.

Extendedcab
08-10-2020, 02:35 PM
Can you elaborate on what the players said/did and what stance Sankey holds? I have not seen any new news ... sorry!

ETA: Never mind - I just saw some information!

MrKotter
08-10-2020, 02:39 PM
Don't hold your breath on Sankey. He's spineless

R2Dawg
08-10-2020, 07:59 PM
Don't hold your breath on Sankey. He's spineless

Yes he is, he is all about politics of the situation too. Not a fan.

WSOPdawg
08-10-2020, 08:17 PM
We've tried to tell people for years, that in the SEC IT JUST MEANS MORE. We call the shots and we make the decisions. It's never more abundantly clear than today. We got a huge assist from the players last night, but if the SEC wasn't pushing this today then college football would've folded.

So true. 3 weeks ago when the B1G jumped the shark and announced a conference-only schedule without consulting the other P5 leagues, the national media was talking about how the SEC was "reactive" instead of "proactive."

Rationally, the SEC wanted to use a common-sense approach and evaluate as the Fall approached, and not rush to judgement. Now it's hilarious that the B1G is "backtracking" by saying we're not cancelling, we are instead delaying the football season -- so surely the national media will jump all over the B1G being "reactive" by following the SEC's lead now.

BeardoMSU
08-10-2020, 08:58 PM
Yes he is, he is all about politics of the situation too. Not a fan.

I have this feeling as well. He could very likely be posturing SEC independence here, just so when he inevitably caves, he can look back and use this for credibility.

Todd4State
08-10-2020, 10:13 PM
I wonder if this is the SEC standing up to the Big 10 bully at least somewhat.

The Big nixed the third baseball coach in baseball.

They also went ahead of other conferences and announced Big 10 schedule only without talking to other conferences.

And now they tried to pull shutting down the season.