PDA

View Full Version : Jamoral Graham Transferring to Philadelphia High?

JOHNHEVESYMADE
11-05-2013, 03:36 PM
Rumor is that Jamoral is transferring to Philadelphia? Can anyone confirm or deny? If true this can't bode well for us.

LeakyD
11-05-2013, 04:13 PM
He was supposed to do this before the season, but they were going to rule him ineligible. I guess since he is injured it doesn't matter. However, I don't like their coach or the CJ factor.

ShotgunDawg
11-05-2013, 04:17 PM
Not sure why he is transferring, but I don't think this is much of a problem because Graham has been so open about it with MSU. If any hanky panky happens, MSU will have so many eyes on the situation that surely nothing could happen.

Jack Lambert
11-05-2013, 04:18 PM
Rumor is that Jamoral is transferring to Philadelphia? Can anyone confirm or deny? If true this can't bode well for us.

Maybe he heard that you can get free furniture and just going for a visit.

tcdog70
11-05-2013, 04:58 PM
I heard Matt Wyatt say JG is the burner we need at wr. So we can have a deep threat

CJDAWG85
11-05-2013, 05:00 PM
Holloway is a burner at WR that we don't ever use.

Jack Lambert
11-05-2013, 05:11 PM
Holloway is a burner at WR that we don't ever use.

Too small.

preachermatt83
11-05-2013, 05:15 PM
If there is one player that I feel like is a lock for this class it's graham. I don't feel like him transferring to Philly changes anything.

CJDAWG85
11-05-2013, 05:18 PM
Too small.

He is small, but that doesn't mean we can't get him the ball in the open field.

Schultzy
11-05-2013, 07:15 PM
Too small.

Almost as small as Kevin Prentiss.

Jack Lambert
11-05-2013, 08:00 PM
Almost as small as Kevin Prentiss.

Prentiss was older when he came to state and much more mature and ready to take the field. Holloway is just not ready and his size henders it even more. Two years maybe so.

sandwolf
11-06-2013, 02:11 AM
Not sure why he is transferring, but I don't think this is much of a problem because Graham has been so open about it with MSU. If any hanky panky happens, MSU will have so many eyes on the situation that surely nothing could happen.

You obviously did not follow CJ Johnson's recruitment. If you had, you would know that OM absolutely can make something happen with a blue chip recruit that has been committed to us for a long time, been vocal about it, and been recruiting every other player that would listen to him. Hell, not only did Johnson spend the entire Dandy Dozen photo shoot talking shit to the OM commitments, but he was borderline assaulted by an OM fan at the Egg Bowl because he was cheering so much for us.........then January rolls around, and he has a sudden change of heart.

engie
11-06-2013, 02:35 AM
Prentiss was older when he came to state and much more mature and ready to take the field. Holloway is just not ready and his size henders it even more. Two years maybe so.

When did I miss all these fumbles of his?

Who are you or anyone else to tell him he's not ready to get on the field? If he holds onto the football and runs like he's capable, what's the problem? If he isn't afraid of getting hit -- we damn sure don't need to be afraid FOR him.

You know who I thought was going to get broke in half constantly? Dexter McCluster. Seems to have worked out just fine for him...

D MC - 5'9 160 when he got to OM
Holloway - 5'9 155 when he got to MSU

Draw your own conclusions

engie
11-06-2013, 02:38 AM
You obviously did not follow CJ Johnson's recruitment. If you had, you would know that OM absolutely can make something happen with a blue chip recruit that has been committed to us for a long time, been vocal about it, and been recruiting every other player that would listen to him. Hell, not only did Johnson spend the entire Dandy Dozen photo shoot talking shit to the OM commitments, but he was borderline assaulted by an OM fan at the Egg Bowl because he was cheering so much for us.........then January rolls around, and he has a sudden change of heart.

That didn't have a thing to do with the coaches at Philadelphia High School. They were just as pissed about it as we were.

And it's time some of you face facts -- Ole Miss isn't coming for Graham. Barely on their radar at all right now.

They ARE however coming for Gerri Green -- and if, for some reason, Markell Pack doesn't flip to them, they will be after Jesse Jackson too.

RiverCityDawg
11-06-2013, 06:44 AM
If there is one player that I feel like is a lock for this class it's graham.

I remember saying the exact same thing about CJ.

sandwolf
11-06-2013, 11:38 AM
That didn't have a thing to do with the coaches at Philadelphia High School. They were just as pissed about it as we were.

And it's time some of you face facts -- Ole Miss isn't coming for Graham. Barely on their radar at all right now.

They ARE however coming for Gerri Green -- and if, for some reason, Markell Pack doesn't flip to them, they will be after Jesse Jackson too.

Who said anything about the coaches at Philadelphia High School and how are they in any way related to this?

engie
11-06-2013, 11:52 AM
Who said anything about the coaches at Philadelphia High School and how are they in any way related to this?

Several here acted like a flip was imminent by a school change -- I'm simply dispelling the rumor. We do not have a "problem" in Philly. We had one 5* player that got bought out from under us for a number of reasons that we've taken a number of steps to prevent happening again. Would've never happened if our staff hadn't been naive and nonchalant on the recruiting trail at the time...

Did OM lose their mind about every South Panola kid they recruited -- after we flipped Pegues?

BeastMan
11-06-2013, 12:00 PM
Just to back up engie's point, Teddy Dyess (the HC) isn't a "player steerer". He's not going to send a kid one way or the other. No monkey business with him. Let's be real here. Outside of a few isolated incidents, coaches are rarely the reason a kid goes one place or another and rarely get caught up in impermissible benefits. Parents, brothers, sisters, gf's, uncles, etc... are the more likely culprits in that scenario.

I'm fine with Graham and it doesn't matter where he goes, I think we're good there. Honestly, I'm not sure Ole Miss would take him right now anyway. They would have at a time but not now.

sandwolf
11-06-2013, 12:15 PM
Several here acted like a flip was imminent by a school change -- I'm simply dispelling the rumor. We do not have a "problem" in Philly. We had one 5* player that got bought out from under us for a number of reasons that we've taken a number of steps to prevent happening again. Would've never happened if our staff hadn't been naive and nonchalant on the recruiting trail at the time...

Did OM lose their mind about every South Panola kid they recruited -- after we flipped Pegues?

Oh ok, fair enough. Yea, I wasn't implying that we had a problem in Philly.......simply pointing to the fiasco that was Johnson's recruitment as evidence that we should never take a recruit for granted. And it is good to hear that we have taken steps to prevent something like that from happening again.......that was the biggest cluster **** that I have seen in 10 years of following recruiting.

Percho
11-06-2013, 01:14 PM
When did I miss all these fumbles of his?

Who are you or anyone else to tell him he's not ready to get on the field? If he holds onto the football and runs like he's capable, what's the problem? If he isn't afraid of getting hit -- we damn sure don't need to be afraid FOR him.

You know who I thought was going to get broke in half constantly? Dexter McCluster. Seems to have worked out just fine for him...

D MC - 5'9 160 when he got to OM
Holloway - 5'9 155 when he got to MSU

Draw your own conclusions

I think he should be getting 4 or 5 touches a game somewhere on the field.

MaroonState
11-07-2013, 12:06 AM

They were so pissed they stood around and let it happen.

Todd4State
11-07-2013, 12:15 AM

And what were they supposed to do about it? They were the one staff that wasn't present at the Army AA game.

All of that stuff that happened with CJ happened after their HS season was over and over the Christmas break- which is probably when a HS football coach has the least amount of contact with a player.

Nevermind the fact that Josh Boyd went to Philadelphia HS.

Todd4State
11-07-2013, 12:21 AM
And if Graham transfers to Philadephia in January, how much contact is he going to have with their HS coaches? Maybe if he uses their weight room but that's about it.

engie
11-07-2013, 12:29 AM

And how were they supposed to stop it?

MaroonState
11-07-2013, 06:53 AM
And how were they supposed to stop it?
So as a coach, if you believe one of your players is being illegally recruited/tampered with, you can't call the head coach of the alleged offending program he needs to pull the reins back on his alums? And if he doesn't pull the reins you will contact the NCAA and let them handle it? Seems pretty simple.