PDA

View Full Version : Say goodbye to the softness

KOdawg1
08-08-2020, 04:57 PM
Leach Beach is here baby. I'm pumped we're headed back towards being a tough, gritty football team.

Todd4State
08-08-2020, 05:08 PM
Jazzercise is probably more challenging than Moorhead's water park workouts.

BeardoMSU
08-08-2020, 05:09 PM
"It's all about if you're a little boy, or a man".

Jack Lambert
08-08-2020, 05:19 PM
Will Rogers look like his dad. Taller version of his dad.

KOdawg1
08-08-2020, 05:23 PM
"It's all about if you're a little boy, or a man".

That got me pumped. These kids are being pushed, and they love it. They may not during the workout itself, but they know the difference between what happened last year and what's happening now.

Todd4State
08-08-2020, 05:29 PM
That got me pumped. These kids are being pushed, and they love it. They may not during the workout itself, but they know the difference between what happened last year and what's happening now.

Most competitive people want to be pushed.

TrapGame
08-08-2020, 05:30 PM
Jazzercise is probably more challenging than Moorhead's water park workouts.

I can't decide which was worse, Joe's offense or his S&C program. I mean both were pathetic.

Todd4State
08-08-2020, 05:32 PM
When Scott Lashley says it's one of the toughest workouts he has been through- that got my attention.

Todd4State
08-08-2020, 05:33 PM
I can't decide which was worse, Joe's offense or his S&C program. I mean both were pathetic.

I think his S&C made his offense worse. But yes- I agree. As I've said before I felt like he was trying to always impress everyone with this perfect play call and we ended up looking indecisive because the entire offense was standing around while he was trying to be Bill Walsh.

Dolphus Raymond
08-08-2020, 05:36 PM
Oh hell yes!!

KOdawg1
08-08-2020, 05:37 PM
When Scott Lashley says it's one of the toughest workouts he has been through- that got my attention.
I noticed that as well. Means you're doing something right.

Mobile Bay
08-08-2020, 07:02 PM
I think his S&C made his offense worse. But yes- I agree. As I've said before I felt like he was trying to always impress everyone with this perfect play call and we ended up looking indecisive because the entire offense was standing around while he was trying to be Bill Walsh.

All I know is if I had been held in my OL stance that long, my legs would be jelly by halftime. That was the worst part to me. Taking forever to get the new play in killed the OL.

Todd4State
08-08-2020, 07:11 PM
All I know is if I had been held in my OL stance that long, my legs would be jelly by halftime. That was the worst part to me. Taking forever to get the new play in killed the OL.

Probably didn't help for sure.

KOdawg1
08-08-2020, 07:20 PM

Also gives the defense time to catch their breath and get set up correctly.

Todd4State
08-08-2020, 07:51 PM
I think the biggest thing about going slow like that is it has to be hard for your offense to get into a rhythm.

Cooterpoot
08-08-2020, 08:11 PM
That's what she said

yjnkdawg
08-09-2020, 12:02 PM

Both were pathetic, but his S&C Program not only affected and was detrimental to our offense, but also our defense and special teams.

TALL DAWG
08-09-2020, 09:10 PM
That's what she said

We have a winner!!

War Machine Dawg
08-09-2020, 10:05 PM
I'm still not convinced an Air Raid team that throws the ball 50 times a game can be truly described as physical. That said, there's no way we'll be as soft as last year. The improved S&C program will ensure that.

KOdawg1
08-09-2020, 11:13 PM
I'm still not convinced an Air Raid team that throws the ball 50 times a game can be truly described as physical. That said, there's no way we'll be as soft as last year. The improved S&C program will ensure that.

I don't expect our offense to be physical. I expect them to be tough. Both mentally and physically.

I expect our defense to be tough AND physical.

BeardoMSU
08-09-2020, 11:20 PM

Idk, scheme doesn't always dictate physicality, or success for that matter, even when it does. I mean Croom ran an old school power-I scheme. Yeah, they might've been "physical", but were dog shit as far as success, lol.

I think, as others have said, the toughness will come from the S&C and overall tone of the program. That comes from the top down.

War Machine Dawg
08-10-2020, 08:57 PM
I don't expect our offense to be physical. I expect them to be tough. Both mentally and physically.

I expect our defense to be tough AND physical.

Again, I don't see how you're going to be physical on D when you're facing an offense that throws the ball so much. But I'll also concede that the top teams are throwing the ball more than ever. So maybe we'll be a little more prepared for those teams. This is such an interesting experiment we'll be running and I'm excited to see how it plays out, assuming sports aren't completely killed between Woke activism by players and Wuhan Virus terror for no reason.

KOdawg1
08-14-2020, 01:07 PM
Say goodbye to the softness part dos

I'm very impressed with Tyson Brown.

msbulldog
08-14-2020, 06:27 PM
Damn I too old to do it, but Damn that clip made me want to run through a wall!

R2Dawg
08-14-2020, 08:05 PM
I could see this team doing well but just being short on talent in some spots. Typical for us always short in one area or another.

I really like the toughness and mentality that CML has brought. Man if we could have got him after Dan left, wow what could have been.