PDA

View Full Version : Past recruiting vs now

TheLostDawg
08-08-2020, 08:03 AM
https://247sports.com/Article/Tennessee-Titans-AJ-Brown-Ole-Miss-recruiting-Dan-Mullen-not-pursuing-150002711/

We might not change a whole lot with final results but at least it's not because a lack of trying.

I imagine if we get lucky and hit a home run with this new system, we will capitalize on it when it comes to recruiting then build on it. It's sickening to know how good we could have been if Dan tried harder in recruiting especially when we had Dak at his prime. *(In college)

Homedawg
08-08-2020, 08:39 AM
This article is nothing but bs. But if it makes you feel better believe it.

Leeshouldveflanked
08-08-2020, 09:21 AM
Not a lot of truth in that article... he stood Cohen up twice on baseball. AJ screwed himself by not going to BAMA.

Todd4State
08-08-2020, 07:12 PM
This article is nothing but bs. But if it makes you feel better believe it.

Please share the truth.

Todd4State
08-08-2020, 07:13 PM
Not a lot of truth in that article... he stood Cohen up twice on baseball. AJ screwed himself by not going to BAMA.

Meh. He wasn't going to play baseball in college anyway and was always going to go pro. So, I'm not sure that means much in this situation one way or the other.

maroonmania
08-08-2020, 07:25 PM
I would translate AJ's comments to mean that if you weren't going to meet Daddy Brown's asking price, then you weren't seriously recruiting him.

Todd4State
08-08-2020, 07:48 PM
I would translate AJ's comments to mean that if you weren't going to meet Daddy Brown's asking price, then you weren't seriously recruiting him.

No doubt there were some negotiations going on.

Whatever happened, it does kind of sound a little but like sour grapes on AJ's part to me. I mean, the easy answer is to say that you just wanted to leave home. Saying "they didn't recruit me hard enough" almost sounds like "I wish MSU would have recruited me harder."

TUSK
08-08-2020, 09:55 PM

Yup. "The money was just too much...."

Ari Gold
08-09-2020, 07:09 AM
....which was one of the many factors that lead to the firing of Hugh Freeze and the state of the OM football program...

Todd4State
08-09-2020, 04:59 PM
....which was one of the many factors that lead to the firing of Hugh Freeze and the state of the OM football program...

What do you mean? Are you talking about when Freeze gave Shea Patterson and those prostitiues money?

BeardoMSU
08-09-2020, 11:29 PM
What do you mean? Are you talking about when Freeze gave Shea Patterson and those prostitiues money?

And his ****ing brother a job, lol.

Damn, the brazenness of that staff, top to bottom, still baffles me. I still remember Greg Little's twitter post when he committed to OM with a pic of he and Freeze, saying something along the lines of "I'm committing to OM and Coach Freeze so I can get closer to God"....L.O.L.Z.