PDA

View Full Version : The Fabric is Torn in Oxford

SailingDawg
08-07-2020, 11:26 PM
Jeez, what a backwards bunch (https://www.mississippifreepress.org/4876/the-fabric-is-torn-in-oxford-um-officials-decried-racism-publicly-coddled-it-privately/?fbclid=IwAR3rsis84KYGWXfvMegynHAtWRI3EgprPwrmRdrD C26oAvwyAXhW74twtIs) of alums.

Cooterpoot
08-08-2020, 06:34 AM
I think you meant the sheets are torn.

gravedigger
08-09-2020, 12:02 AM
Jeez, what a backwards bunch (https://www.mississippifreepress.org/4876/the-fabric-is-torn-in-oxford-um-officials-decried-racism-publicly-coddled-it-privately/?fbclid=IwAR3rsis84KYGWXfvMegynHAtWRI3EgprPwrmRdrD C26oAvwyAXhW74twtIs) of alums.

Oh my. FYI: this is a 3 part set of articles and it reveals more than you expect. Read it all.

It's about as damning as it gets.

Commercecomet24
08-09-2020, 12:41 AM
That cesspool up north is an embarrassment to our State!

Todd4State
08-09-2020, 12:46 AM
Ole Miss is always going to attract Confederate sypathizers. Always has and probably always will. When they have to change for good it will be interesting to see how much of their sidewalk fanbase switches to other schools.

Gameday there is a weird mix of yuppies, hipsters, and rednecks.

Commercecomet24
08-09-2020, 12:53 AM
Ole Miss is always going to attract Confederate sypathizers. Always has and probably always will. When they have to change for good it will be interesting to see how much of their sidewalk fanbase switches to other schools.

Gameday there is a weird mix of yuppies, hipsters, and rednecks.

It really is an odd mix isn't it?

Maroonthirteen
08-09-2020, 07:41 AM
I've been to a few games there the past few years.

Maybe because they've been so bad but I'd say they don't have a lot of rednecks at their games. I've seen mostly well dressed folks that seem invested in gameday. Their attendance seems to be predominantly middle aged families and students.

State seems to have more old folks attending. Then the tshirt/ jeans/boots folks and the students.

The Grove is crowded AF. People I know tailgate away from there and it is more enjoyable.

State, the university, needs to take over the junction. Allow southern tailgate to set up there and move the kids (currently in the junction) over to the amphitheater. States campus is laid out better for gameday.