PDA

View Full Version : 2 additional games will be released today?

William Tecumsah Sherman
08-07-2020, 09:46 AM
Per Keemun, our 2 remaining opponents will be released today.

StarkVegasSteve
08-07-2020, 10:20 AM
It seemed there was a lot of momentum early that it would be UGA and Vandy. Seems that has faded a bit. Anyone got any guesses on who we might draw. I'd love if we could get USCe and Vandy but I know that's a pipe dream.

TrapGame
08-07-2020, 10:27 AM
I want Tennessee again for some payback.

Jarius
08-07-2020, 10:28 AM
Reading an article on GP that Steve wrote he said there was a growing sense that UT would be a team we played. Florida is another that seemed like an above average chance of happening but I see those 2 as an either/or situation with someone like South Carolina.

maroonmania
08-07-2020, 10:42 AM
Probably have every team in the West jockeying to get games with Vanderbilt and SC.

Gutter Cobreh
08-07-2020, 10:56 AM
Probably have every team in the West jockeying to get games with Vanderbilt and SC.

Wouldn't be surprised to see that Alabama gets selected to play those two teams. Would be par for the course.

Jarius
08-07-2020, 11:02 AM
Wouldn't be surprised to see that Alabama gets selected to play those two teams. Would be par for the course.

I expect bama to get a tough draw simply because they have the worst SOS for almost any West team due to not having to play themselves. They do already get UGA though so they may cut them some slack.

KOdawg1
08-07-2020, 11:07 AM
I could see them using your last two East opponents and just flipping the venue. So at Florida and vs. Tennessee at home.

StarkVegasSteve
08-07-2020, 11:26 AM
I could see them using your last two East opponents and just flipping the venue. So at Florida and vs. Tennessee at home.

Outside of Florida and Georgia, that would probably be worst case scenario for us. @Florida is not winnable. This is the deepest and probably best team Dan has ever had as a HC and having to go there with a young line and a blitz happy Grantham doesn't spell success for us. And Tennessee is constantly improving and could be trouble for us.

Jarius
08-07-2020, 11:35 AM
Outside of Florida and Georgia, that would probably be worst case scenario for us. @Florida is not winnable. This is the deepest and probably best team Dan has ever had as a HC and having to go there with a young line and a blitz happy Grantham doesn't spell success for us. And Tennessee is constantly improving and could be trouble for us.

I disagree that any road game isn't winnable this year outside of Alabama. There will be little to no fans there so the atmosphere will not be intimidating at all. We will be a decided underdog in a game against Florida anywhere we play, but home field advantage will not mean much this year. That gives us a much better chance to pull a couple of upsets against teams we normally piss our pants against on the road.

StarkVegasSteve
08-07-2020, 11:38 AM
I disagree that any road game isn't winnable this year outside of Alabama. There will be little to no fans there so the atmosphere will not be intimidating at all. We will be a decided underdog in a game against Florida anywhere we play, but home field advantage will not mean much this year. That gives us a much better chance to pull a couple of upsets against teams we normally piss our pants against on the road.

My bad I made that seem like crowd noise will be a factor. It will not, Grantham's blitz happy scheme and an young O Line spells a long day for Costello. I'm going to hold out hope we draw someone else.

Dawgology
08-07-2020, 11:46 AM
Blitzes would probably do poorly against this offense since it’s predicated on putting the ball on the other side of the Dline with quick strikes. Seems that would be a quick adjustment for Leech.

Jarius
08-07-2020, 11:51 AM
My bad I made that seem like crowd noise will be a factor. It will not, Grantham's blitz happy scheme and an young O Line spells a long day for Costello. I'm going to hold out hope we draw someone else.

Our OL will be the strength of the offense IMO. I'm much more worried about Mullen embarrassing our defense than Grantham being able to stop Leach. I'm actually pretty confident that Leach will have his way with Grantham.

Mobile Bay
08-07-2020, 12:11 PM
Our OL will be the strength of the offense IMO. I'm much more worried about Mullen embarrassing our defense than Grantham being able to stop Leach. I'm actually pretty confident that Leach will have his way with Grantham.

I agree with you and others like you. Leach's offenses is built to control the blitz and misdirect it. If you get blitz happy against him he will make you pay.

But I could see that game ending up something stupid like 48-51 or something like that.

biscuit
08-07-2020, 12:31 PM
Southern Miss and Troy State will be honorary SEC members the weekends they play Bama.

StarkVegasSteve
08-07-2020, 12:32 PM
I agree with you and others like you. Leach's offenses is built to control the blitz and misdirect it. If you get blitz happy against him he will make you pay.

But I could see that game ending up something stupid like 48-51 or something like that.

If we could score that many points against what I consider a VERY good D then I would be ok with a loss on the road.

NWADAWG
08-07-2020, 12:33 PM
And Tennessee is constantly improving and could be trouble for us.

I remember we all thought Pruitt was an idiot and doomed to fail miserably at UT. We were all very glad we didn't hire him.

In hindsight, where do you think our team would be if we had hired Pruitt instead of JoMo?

StarkVegasSteve
08-07-2020, 12:59 PM
I remember we all thought Pruitt was an idiot and doomed to fail miserably at UT. We were all very glad we didn't hire him.

In hindsight, where do you think our team would be if we had hired Pruitt instead of JoMo?

I think we probably win 9-10 plus the bowl in 19, but we take a step back last year somewhere around 6-6 to 7-5 range. I just think we'd feel better about where our program was at than how we would feel had Moorhead been given year 3.

Turfdawg67
08-07-2020, 01:28 PM

I still am glad we didn't hire him.

Quaoarsking
08-07-2020, 03:20 PM

Not very good. Pruitt has underachieved by multiple wins both years at Tennessee just like Moorhead did here. I guess they tolerate that more there than we do.

Todd4State
08-07-2020, 03:32 PM
Not very good. Pruitt has underachieved by multiple wins both years at Tennessee just like Moorhead did here. I guess they tolerate that more there than we do.

I think Moorhead's lack of discipline is what did him in here more than the wins and losses. Good to see our AD nip that in the bud before we turned into a major rebuild dumpster fire.

TrapGame
08-07-2020, 04:11 PM
I think Moorhead's lack of discipline is what did him in here more than the wins and losses. Good to see our AD nip that in the bud before we turned into a major rebuild dumpster fire.

If what I heard is true Moorhead should have been told to pack his bags halfway through his first season. It was already getting bad.

BeardoMSU
08-07-2020, 04:50 PM

This.

Though Joe was awful, I'm still glad we didn't hire Pruitt. Hopefully Mike makes everything that's happened worth it.

VandelayIndustries
08-07-2020, 05:02 PM
News: #LSU will play at Vanderbilt and host Missouri in its two extra SEC games in 2020, per source. It'll be LSU's second straight trip to Nashville, and Missouri last played LSU in Tiger Stadium in 2016. (@RabalaisAdv)

Must be nice