PDA

View Full Version : I have one Hudspeth question

1bigdawg
11-05-2013, 02:11 PM
Hud is a great guy, but what is his "signature win.?" He lost to Arky State with both Freeze and Malzahn. Why do you think he can beat them here?

BTW, TSUN and Auburn are the schools closest to us in the West in terms of resources. We have to beat them fairly consistently to compete.

engie
11-05-2013, 02:38 PM
What "signature wins" did Freeze and Malzahn have during their time at Arky St?

Hudspeth beat the tar out of Petrino on the road as an underdog. I'd say that counts for something.

You also overlook that he lost in years 1 and 2 to guys with a program that Freeze built for 2 years before jumping ship -- and Malzahn was an Arkansas guy that recruited stupid well in Sun Belt terms in his home state during his one year. In year 3, Hud decisively beat Boise protege Brian Harsin on the road at the same job.

He's beaten EVERY team in the Sun Belt in 3 years on the job. He beat all but Arky State in years 1 and 2 -- at a program that was called the WORST in all of FBS when he arrived there, and is essentially the MSU of the Sun Belt.

Nevermind the woulda, coulda, shoulda in the Swamp against a BCS-bound Florida team... and the fact that his recruiting is getting better and better down there...

dawgs
11-05-2013, 02:52 PM
Hud is a great guy, but what is his "signature win.?" He lost to Arky State with both Freeze and Malzahn. Why do you think he can beat them here?

BTW, TSUN and Auburn are the schools closest to us in the West in terms of resources. We have to beat them fairly consistently to compete.

ole miss and arkansas are closest in resources, not auburn. auburn is closer to bama/lsu/a&m in resources.

BHildreth3
11-05-2013, 02:55 PM
This thread is stupid. He's a winner and will beat a lot of teams once he's at a BCS type school.

DawgInMemphis
11-05-2013, 02:55 PM
ole miss and arkansas are closest in resources, not auburn. auburn is closer to bama/lsu/a&m in resources.

Ole Miss and UK are better examples. Arkansas is bigger on the block than us as well. Vandy is probably closer to us than we are to Arkansas. The gap is closing though with all the TV revenue sharing. An extra 15 million to MSU is much much more percentage wise than an extra 15 million to the big boys.

Dawgfan77
11-05-2013, 03:12 PM

Guess what Mullen is 0-2 about to be 0-3 against Freezus and Malzahn. Shit why not give HUD a shot. Also as far as resources Once the expansion is finished we will have better facilities than OM in football

SnakePlissken
11-05-2013, 03:39 PM
This thread is stupid. He's a winner and will beat a lot of teams once he's at a BCS type school.He lost to Arky State with both Freeze and Malzahn. Is this why it's stupid?

wrb7480
11-05-2013, 03:51 PM
If we don't make some changes soon, from the top down, I don't see any gap closing!! Why would Hud want to come to our fractured fan-base? If we can't support the best thing that's happened at MSU in the modern era, and one year makes us want to fire him, why would Hud want to be here? I'm tired of Mullen and his mouth, but I don't know that we can do better.

TrapGame
11-05-2013, 03:57 PM
If we don't make some changes soon, from the top down, I don't see any gap closing!! Why would Hud want to come to our fractured fan-base? If we can't support the best thing that's happened at MSU in the modern era, and one year makes us want to fire him, why would Hud want to be here? I'm tired of Mullen and his mouth, but I don't know that we can do better.

It's more than just one year. This crap started 2011. It's been pretty much crushed expectations ever since. You start out ranked #15 in 2011 and get the tee total mess beat out of you most of the season and luckily the rebs had all but quit on Nutt by the EB. All of this has been rinse and repeat since the 2011 season. I'm not for firing Mullen but I'm kinda warming up to the idea a little. It depends on Arkansas and ole miss.

wrb7480
11-05-2013, 04:01 PM
I certainly agree that it started before this year....2012 was smoke and mirrors....we didn't beat anyone with an impressive team in the first 7 games and then we tanked the remainder of the year! However, I still am not certain that we can do much better than Mullen. I would much rather he right the ship than start all over!!

TrapGame
11-05-2013, 04:10 PM
Actually I think Hudspeth would be better than Mullen because he's a proven HC. He has made his bones at a school that was pretty damn bad even for the Sun Belt. Now, this is not a plea to hire Hud and fire Mullen. I think Mullen deserves one more season if he beats Ark and OM.

engie
11-05-2013, 04:10 PM
I certainly agree that it started before this year....2012 was smoke and mirrors....we didn't beat anyone with an impressive team in the first 7 games and then we tanked the remainder of the year! However, I still am not certain that we can do much better than Mullen. I would much rather he right the ship than start all over!!

What is this "starting all over" you speak of?

I'm not happy being the 50th best team in the country and 12th-14th best team in the SEC. Sorry -- I'm just not. I might feel differently if we were getting better in recruiting -- but we are getting worse...

I'm not that pissed about "where we're at right now" -- I'm pissed at where I perceive us going. The ball is rolling downhill -- and it's tough as hell to stop...

engie
11-05-2013, 04:12 PM
Actually I think Hudspeth would be better than Mullen because he's a proven HC. He has made his bones at a school that was pretty damn bad even for the Sun Belt. Now, this is not a plea to hire Hud and fire Mullen. I think Mullen deserves one more season if he beats Ark and OM.

Agreed. No way we can get rid of him if he wins 6. I don't think anyone disagrees with this...

The majority of us just doubt that he's going to get there. I think it's more likely we end at 4-8 than 6-6...