PDA

View Full Version : Pressure on Mullen

msstate7
11-05-2013, 01:59 PM
What would help Mullen more this weekend?

1. Hud lose to Troy
2. OM lose to ark
3. 7 point or less loss to aTm

slickdawg
11-05-2013, 02:00 PM
4. Win this weekend

MadDawg
11-05-2013, 02:01 PM
OM lose to Ark. That's what is driving most of this anyway.

engie
11-05-2013, 02:03 PM
Beat aTm would help him most.

OM vs Ark has the least relevance of the 4.

Tbonewannabe
11-05-2013, 02:03 PM
What would help Mullen more this weekend?

1. Hud lose to Troy
2. OM lose to ark
3. 7 point or less loss to aTm

3. 7 point or less loss.

We haven't been within 2 scores of a decent team in the last 2 years except for Aub who seems to be getting better every week now.

Jack Lambert
11-05-2013, 02:05 PM

I totally disagree. This board went into flames after Ole Miss beat LSU and that's the fact. I don't even think we played a game that weekend.

MarketingBully01
11-05-2013, 02:07 PM
Finish 6-6 with wins at Arkansas and beat Ole Miss and all this shit stops.

engie
11-05-2013, 02:08 PM
I totally disagree. This board went into flames after Ole Miss beat LSU and that's the fact. I don't even think we played a game that weekend.

Some may have. I didn't.

You don't think the board would go into jubilation if we beat aTm?

Ole Miss has jackshit to do with Mullen's undeperformance. Their overperformance just fans the flames.

MarketingBully01
11-05-2013, 02:09 PM
I agree Jack. All this shit started when Ole Miss beat LSU and all of the MSU boards have been "dumpster fires" since then since our fans love that analogy so much.

EngineerDawg
11-05-2013, 02:09 PM
4. Win this weekend

this

MarketingBully01
11-05-2013, 02:10 PM
I still say if he finishes 6-6 with one of those wins being Ole Miss this shit stops. Even you would get back on the Mullen train.

Coach 57
11-05-2013, 02:13 PM
Jack is right. As soon as the bears beat LSU the fan base along with this board got stupid crazy.

C222
11-05-2013, 02:15 PM

Totally agree with this.

Dawgfan77
11-05-2013, 02:17 PM
I agree Jack. All this shit started when Ole Miss beat LSU and all of the MSU boards have been "dumpster fires" since then since our fans love that analogy so much.
I disagree Mullen has caused his own dumpster fire with his game plans in game coaching and his lack or desire not to recruit. For the life of me I cannot understand why people take up for Mullen. Please tell me what about Mullen has improved in year 5.

engie
11-05-2013, 02:48 PM
But, hey, it's 11 days from the Bama game -- the one logical OV weekend of the regular season -- you think we've got ANYTHING on the books yet?

dawgs
11-05-2013, 02:51 PM

it adds fuel to the fire, but mullen started the fire himself. but yeah, when we look 2.5 hours northwest and see a program with similar history to ours over the last 40 years, similar size fanbase, similar size school, and playing a similarly tough schedule and they are playing better than us and recruiting on a much higher level than us, it blatantly illustrates just how polar opposite the directions of 2 similar programs are headed. there's no more excuses of "we'll it's impossible to beat bama/lsu/a&m/auburn when they aren't in a meltdown and recruit against them to land 4* and 5* recruits because we don't have the budget/support/in state population". if they can do it, we can do it too, and there's no excuses anymore. if mullen was playing lsu like he did in 2009, or like he did USCjr in 2011 on the regular, and then beating teams like BG and KY easily, but that's not the case, and that's why mullen started the fire. everytime ole miss lands another 4* recruit (they landed another one today), it's just pouring gas on it. i'm not measuring us by ole miss, i'm looking at what ole miss is doing and saying that we should be doing the same thing, and if we aren't then it's time to move on to a new coach that will, because i want to beat bama/lsu/a&m/auburn on recruits and on the field when they are having a good year, not when they are melting down.

Tbonewannabe
11-05-2013, 02:55 PM
Jack is right. As soon as the bears beat LSU the fan base along with this board got stupid crazy.

Probably because it shows a school on our level can actually compete with LSU, A&M. We have supposedly been beating UM's ads for the last couple of years but now somehow we are supposed to believe it is ridiculous to play within 2 tds of these teams.

MarketingBully01
11-05-2013, 02:56 PM
So you are telling me if he beats Arkansas and Ole Miss to finish 6-6 you will continue to bitch? Our team is not a dumpster fire. Our team is young and inexperienced in a lot of crucial spots. If we were more experienced, odds are extremely good the clock management situation doesn't happen at the end of the half, we don't have five turnovers, and we beat South Carolina mighty handily. If Mullen beats Arkansas and Ole Miss, 99% of you will stop bitching.

When you lose, every little thing is magnified. When you win, people over look **** ups. Heck, there were a lot of **** ups that South Carolina had that could have been devastating had we taken advantage of them. Such as the kick off after halftime. Had we drove it down the field and scored like it looked like we were going to do had Dak not fumbled it, we wouldn't be talking so much about the situation right before half.

Dawgfan77
11-05-2013, 03:06 PM
Geez young??? There are a lot of young teams winning so why cant we! This isn't 1994. Screw the it takes time argument. Is USCE using young as an excuse?? Is ole miss?? What about Auburn? This program is moving the wrong direction and I just don't see how you think we should give him more time. Please tell me how you watched the osu game lsu game and USC game and say we are moving in the right direction. Have you seen how other schools that haven't been to three bowl games are recruiting. Sell me on how Mullen is better in year 5 than he was in year two. The guy is regressing how can you not see that

engie
11-05-2013, 03:25 PM
So you are telling me if he beats Arkansas and Ole Miss to finish 6-6 you will continue to bitch? Our team is not a dumpster fire. Our team is young and inexperienced in a lot of crucial spots. If we were more experienced, odds are extremely good the clock management situation doesn't happen at the end of the half, we don't have five turnovers, and we beat South Carolina mighty handily. If Mullen beats Arkansas and Ole Miss, 99% of you will stop bitching.

When you lose, every little thing is magnified. When you win, people over look **** ups. Heck, there were a lot of **** ups that South Carolina had that could have been devastating had we taken advantage of them. Such as the kick off after halftime. Had we drove it down the field and scored like it looked like we were going to do had Dak not fumbled it, we wouldn't be talking so much about the situation right before half.

IF, IF, IF.

How many of these do we have to lose in a row against teams that are on our level or better -- before we can rightly apply blame to coaching? South Carolina isn't some "new" occurrence -- it's the latest in a LONG LINE of occurrences with very little variation to the overall storyline. It's year 5 -- it's time that stuff gets laid at the coach's feet.

SnakePlissken
11-05-2013, 03:36 PM

.I actually don't. There may be a majority on here that will be excited but there WILL BE a few who will quietly be pissed because it would ruin and damper their Hud Crusade. Hell, we've got one openly rooting for us to lose out the rest of the season on here.

wrb7480
11-05-2013, 03:57 PM
Wow! It's a shame that many care more about TSUN winning or losing that about us? WOW! I think we need to beat aTm and all will be right with the world!!

engie
11-05-2013, 04:04 PM
I actually don't. There may be a majority on here that will be excited but there WILL BE a few who will quietly be pissed because it would ruin and damper their Hud Crusade. Hell, we've got one openly rooting for us to lose out the rest of the season on here.

The vast majority of us that are pissed off just want what we see as best for MSU going forward. There is no personal agenda beyond that, no matter how much some people try to project it.

If Mullen beat aTm, he would have accomplished something for the first time since 2010 -- that will give a huge shot of hope for the future going forward. I'm not saying it would be enough to get everyone back on the Mullen bandwagon(it won't), but it would be enough to get everyone with a semblance of perspective back on the fence.

Dawgfan77
11-05-2013, 04:09 PM
The vast majority of us that are pissed off just want what we see as best for MSU going forward. There is no personal agenda beyond that, no matter how much some people try to project it.

If Mullen beat aTm, he would have accomplished something for the first time since 2010 -- that will give a huge shot of hope for the future going forward. I'm not saying it would be enough to get everyone back on the Mullen bandwagon(it won't), but it would be enough to get everyone with a semblance of perspective back on the fence.
It would get me back on the fence but if we win then get beat by ark and OM I will have my doubts he will get it done.

Jack Lambert
11-05-2013, 04:12 PM
Some may have. I didn't.

Ole Miss has jackshit to do with Mullen's undeperformance. Their overperformance just fans the flames.

I think many of our fans feel like it's a win when Ole Miss loses and when they beat a team we havn't beaten in almost 20 years they go crazy. I never named you but this board went ape crap when Ole Miss beat LSU and yes it will go APE crap if we beat A&M but it will also go ape crap if Ole MIss lose to Arkansas.

MarketingBully01
11-05-2013, 04:24 PM
Conner Shaw is a senior, Clowney might as well be a senior. Take those two away from USC and we beat the crap out of USC even with five turnovers.

Ole Miss has Bo Wallace and Moncrief with a ton of experience.

Dak Preskott just started his second road game at the most important offensive position, QB. Yes, we are young and inexperienced at crucial positions so while not an excuse it's understandable with some of the mistakes they are making.

Auburn we should have beaten and that wasn't even close.

DownwardDawg
11-05-2013, 04:25 PM
Those of us wanting Hud, wanted him last year. Y'all obviously haven't been paying attention.

dawgindothan
11-05-2013, 04:27 PM
I think many of our fans feel like it's a win when Ole Miss loses and when they beat a team we havn't beaten in almost 20 years they go crazy. I never named you but this board went ape crap when Ole Miss beat LSU and yes it will go APE crap if we beat A&M but it will also go ape crap if Ole MIss lose to Arkansas.

Sad but true

dawgs
11-05-2013, 04:35 PM

i'm confused? are we not supposed to want our rival to suck? i would prefer msu be good and that's what makes me the happiest, but i also don't want ole miss to be good. i want them to lose every game unless it somehow helped us in the standings. i'm happiest when msu is good and ole miss sucks. i'm almost as happy when both us and ole miss are good. i'm really ****ing pissed when both ole miss and us suck. and i'm the most pissed when we suck and i have to sit at home watching ole miss land 4* recruits and beat lsu and take a&m to the wire in back to back seasons. that's not caring more about ole miss than our own winning or losing, that's called hating your rival. but it also frustrating because they are doing what i want us to be doing.

dawgs
11-05-2013, 04:37 PM
Conner Shaw is a senior, Clowney might as well be a senior. Take those two away from USC and we beat the crap out of USC even with five turnovers.

Dak Preskott just started his second road game at the most important offensive position, QB. Yes, we are young and inexperienced at crucial positions so while not an excuse it's understandable with some of the mistakes they are making.

shaw has been starting for several years while USCjr keeps winning 10 or so games. and what about wallace last year in his 1st season on campus? sure he threw picks, but he beat our ass and almost beat maziel, and looked good enough to convince the nation's #1 WR recruit he wouldn't be throwing his career away if he followed his buddy to ole miss.

Tbonewannabe
11-05-2013, 04:40 PM
I think ymany of our fans feel like it's a win when Ole Miss loses and when they beat a team we havn't beaten in almost 20 years they go crazy. I never named you but this board went ape crap when Ole Miss beat LSU and yes it will go APE crap if we beat A&M but it will also go ape crap if Ole MIss lose to Arkansas.

I think a lot of people believed Dan when he said we are the program going in the right direction. Did you watch the 4th quarter of the LSU game? 3 tds is complete dominance. UM played them with half their defense out and won. This is our State, remember. I don't think Mullen does.

Dawgfan77
11-05-2013, 04:49 PM
i'm confused? are we not supposed to want our rival to suck? i would prefer msu be good and that's what makes me the happiest, but i also don't want ole miss to be good. i want them to lose every game unless it somehow helped us in the standings. i'm happiest when msu is good and ole miss sucks. i'm almost as happy when both us and ole miss are good. i'm really ****ing pissed when both ole miss and us suck. and i'm the most pissed when we suck and i have to sit at home watching ole miss land 4* recruits and beat lsu and take a&m to the wire in back to back seasons. that's not caring more about ole miss than our own winning or losing, that's called hating your rival. but it also frustrating because they are doing what i want us to be doing.

this times a thousan. Also add to the fact they play and recruit with relentless effort Do we??

dawgs
11-05-2013, 05:15 PM
i also get frustrated when i look around at schools like baylor, k state, oregon st, wvu, etc. have nice runs of longer and better levels of success than we do, while they have a lot of the same limitations that we do. sure they'll drop off from time to time, but it's a hell of a lot easier to stomach a bad season or 2 when you just went to a BCS bowl under the current HC and/or have had a heisman winning QB under the current HC and/or been in the title national title discussion in mid-november under the current HC. they don't have more talent than we do, but they put that talent in better positions to make plays and take advantage of more talented Ds. i'm not even asking to make title runs regularly, i just would like to see us hoover about .400 against the better half of our schedule and beat the other half of our schedule in style, none of this bowling green/kentucky bullshit. the only difference between those programs and ole miss is that i didn't grow up hating them. if they can do it, so can we, and at this point, it doesn't seem like mullen is the guy to get us to that point.

donald igwebuike
11-05-2013, 05:18 PM

we beat TAMU............this OM thing is a strawman argument the pro Dan ppl supply

Jack Lambert
11-05-2013, 05:19 PM

I don't know why you are confused sounds like to me you understood what I said and thinks it's ok. Me for one enjoys watching Ole Miss lose. As bad as we are at losing they are 100 times worse and I get satisfaction out of watching their melt down. Trust me they will be down again and we will be up. It all comes in cycles.

engie
11-05-2013, 05:19 PM

- We bring back 37 of 45 listed in our 2-deep.
- South Carolina brings back 55 of 59 listed in their 2-deep.
- Ole Miss brings back 34 of 51 listed in their 2-deep.
- Auburn brings back 39 of 45 listed in their 2-deep.

We are virtually no younger than any of the teams you listed as examples. How is this fortune supposed to change next year again?

Jack Lambert
11-05-2013, 05:23 PM
- We bring back 37 of 45 listed in our 2-deep.
- South Carolina brings back 55 of 59 listed in their 2-deep.
- Ole Miss brings back 34 of 51 listed in their 2-deep.
- Auburn brings back 39 of 45 listed in their 2-deep.

We are virtually no younger than any of the teams you listed as examples. How is this fortune supposed to change next year again?

The thing is this. Ole Miss and SC both had an experience person at the most important position (QB) where Auburn and State had first year starters. Plus how many of SC and Ole Miss 2 deep are juniors compared to our WR and DB corps are freshman and Sophomores with most being first year starters? We can all be equal in the number of 2 deep but if their 2 deep are two years ahead of ours then it makes a difference.

engie
11-05-2013, 05:26 PM
Trust me they will be down again and we will be up. It all comes in cycles.

It's not a self-correcting cycle though. WE have to step up and fix it. History shows that it doesn't fix itself.

There's a reason they went 34-9-4 against us over the 47 year period prior to the hiring of JWS...

CadaverDawg
11-05-2013, 05:26 PM
we beat TAMU............this OM thing is a strawman argument the pro Dan ppl supply

Exactly.

If the "Ole Miss is causing this" shit was true, then we would be back to liking Mullen if Ole miss started falling apart. And I feel like I can speak for pretty much everybody in the "Mullen has lost it" camp, when I say that I don't give two shits if OM loses the rest of their games...I still want Mullen gone if he doesn't win 7 games. Would I enjoy watching them lose? Sure. But would it change my opinion of Mullen one way or the other? Hell no. I want Mullen gone because Mullen isn't getting it done anymore and I see the writing on the wall that we are spiraling down fast. OM has no impact on that.

Mullen is the only one that can change it....and it's by winning against A&M. If he beats Ark and OM I will be glad we kept the bowl streak alive, but I will still probably want Mullen gone. I may change my mind depending on how hard we play and how well we execute, but I doubt anything short of a win over A&M or Bama would put me back on the fence at this point. He's had since early last season to keep us in his camp, and he hasn't gotten it done

engie
11-05-2013, 05:31 PM
The thing is this. Ole Miss and SC both had an experience person at the most important position (QB) where Auburn and State had first year starters. Plus how many of SC and Ole Miss 2 deep are juniors compared to our WR and DB corps are freshman and Sophomores with most being first year starters? We can all be equal in the number of 2 deep but if their 2 deep are two years ahead of ours then it makes a difference.

You are welcome to punch the numbers to figure it out year by year. The bottom line is that we are NOT a "young" MSU team. No moreso than most of the rest of the SEC. Why is Auburn not using the "first year starter at QB" excuse? Hell, they are EXTENSIVELY using 3 true freshmen on the DL. Why are they able to step up and beat people in year 1? We HAVE experience at QB. Whose fault is it that -- in 5 years -- our coach couldn't design an offense to work for him and basically f'd our ENTIRE team identity while dragging his feet with it?

Even if we are "young" at spots, that's STILL Mullen's fault. It's year 5. I'm tired of making excuses for him... There is no excuse to be "young" at this point.

DownwardDawg
11-05-2013, 05:33 PM
Exactly.

If the "Ole Miss is causing this" shit was true, then we would be back to liking Mullen if Ole miss started falling apart. And I feel like I can speak for pretty much everybody in the "Mullen has lost it" camp, when I say that I don't give two shits if OM loses the rest of their games...I still want Mullen gone if he doesn't win 7 games. Would I enjoy watching them lose? Sure. But would it change my opinion of Mullen one way or the other? Hell no. I want Mullen gone because Mullen isn't getting it done anymore and I see the writing on the wall that we are spiraling down fast. OM has no impact on that.

Mullen is the only one that can change it....and it's by winning against A&M. If he beats Ark and OM I will be glad we kept the bowl streak alive, but I will still probably want Mullen gone. I may change my mind depending on how hard we play and how well we execute, but I doubt anything short of a win over A&M or Bama would put me back on the fence at this point. He's had since early last season to keep us in his camp, and he hasn't gotten it done

^^^^^this^^^^^

EngineerDawg
11-05-2013, 05:49 PM
Even if we are "young" at spots, that's STILL Mullen's fault. It's year 5. I'm tired of making excuses for him... There is no excuse to be "young" at this point.

I couldn't agree more. To add: I feel as though we were better off when Mullen was coaching Croom's players. Was there more talent? I am not sure (most would say no), but I feel as though there was a HELL OF A LOT MORE COACHING going on.

State82
11-05-2013, 05:49 PM

"Young and inexperienced" is a complete cop-out at this juncture. What was UM last year? What was UM this year against LSU with half the defense out? Young and inexperienced, that's what. There is a lot of "youth and inexperience" all over this league. This is big boy football in a big boy conference with a big boy coach that makes $2,650,000 a year! That's a lot of zeros. Lay off the excuses ladies.

CadaverDawg
11-05-2013, 05:52 PM
"Young and inexperienced" is a complete cop-out at this juncture. What was UM last year? What was UM this year against LSU with half the defense out? Young and inexperienced, that's what. There is a lot of "youth and inexperience" all over this league. This is big boy football in a big boy conference with a big boy coach that makes $2,650,000 a year! That's a lot of zeros. Lay off the excuses ladies.

Marketing will blame youth, inexperience, Dak, The refs, the turf, the fans, the jumbotron, and everything else before blaming Dan.

dawgs
11-05-2013, 05:59 PM
I don't know why you are confused sounds like to me you understood what I said and thinks it's ok. Me for one enjoys watching Ole Miss lose. As bad as we are at losing they are 100 times worse and I get satisfaction out of watching their melt down. Trust me they will be down again and we will be up. It all comes in cycles.

i don't want there to be cycles. i know that's what has largely happened through the last few decades, but why can't we find the right coach that can bury them? i don't want to keep a coach and excuse his performance because it was our turn to be on the downside of the cycle.

Jack Lambert
11-05-2013, 07:52 PM
i don't want there to be cycles. i know that's what has largely happened through the last few decades, but why can't we find the right coach that can bury them? i don't want to keep a coach and excuse his performance because it was our turn to be on the downside of the cycle.

Show me where Mullen gave a excuse saying it's cycles.

DawgsBite34
11-05-2013, 08:46 PM
Finish 6-6 with wins at Arkansas and beat Ole Miss and all this shit stops.

Yup the only way Mullen deserves to stay is if he earns it by doing that

HunterDawg
11-05-2013, 09:30 PM
Freeze came over from the Sunbelt and they got better. Auburn went and got themselves a Sunbelt coach and got better.

Therefore, we just need to go get us a Sunbelt coach and we will do great?

One of these days somebody is going to jump a guy from the Sunbelt all the way up to the SEC West (which is a very long jump) and he is going to get that butt kicked.

Hud may or may not be the guy, but two years ago everyone would have said jumping from the Sunbelt to the SEC West would be insane. He is, by no means, a sure thing. It is a long, long way from the Sunbelt to our league.

Just sayin.

Jdawg
11-05-2013, 09:52 PM
You are welcome to punch the numbers to figure it out year by year. The bottom line is that we are NOT a "young" MSU team. No moreso than most of the rest of the SEC. Why is Auburn not using the "first year starter at QB" excuse? Hell, they are EXTENSIVELY using 3 true freshmen on the DL. Why are they able to step up and beat people in year 1? We HAVE experience at QB. Whose fault is it that -- in 5 years -- our coach couldn't design an offense to work for him and basically f'd our ENTIRE team identity while dragging his feet with it?

It's not youth, it's talent. A lot of people are saying its all on the coaching and that's a huge part of it but we've got to recruit better to compete. Take our 2 best offensive players Dak and Lewis and see how many teams in the SECW they would start for. I come up with one for sure and that's Arkansas. If HUD is the answer then we need to look and see how well he is recruiting. It's not just the X and O's in this league.

msstate7
11-05-2013, 10:09 PM
It's not youth, it's talent. A lot of people are saying its all on the coaching and that's a huge part of it but we've got to recruit better to compete. Take our 2 best offensive players Dak and Lewis and see how many teams in the SECW they would start for. I come up with one for sure and that's Arkansas. If HUD is the answer then we need to look and see how well he is recruiting. It's not just the X and O's in this league.

Well to be fair dak is a qb. In the sec west, there's a heisman winning qb, 2-time national championship winning qb, and another nfl qb in Zach met. Dak would start at auburn and Arkansas IMO. Dak is more talented than Bo, but Bo has experience and knowledge of freezes system.

Tubby may not would start at other sec west teams, but he'd certainly play for all them.

maroonmania
11-06-2013, 12:01 AM
And to those carrying on about how big an effect the OM win over LSU had here is the deal. When our game with LSU was over we THOUGHT we had just played competitively for 3 quarters with a Top 5 caliber team that had just lost a hard fought game the week before to Georgia, another team we thought was an elite team. What the OM win over LSU did was expose LSU to be a good but certainly not great team and Georgia has been exposed as well to not be as strong as we thought although I realize injuries for them has been a factor. Guess what I'm saying is I would have felt the exact same way if say Vandy had taken down LSU the week or two after we suffered a 33 point loss to them. Its much more the fact that it turns out we were embarrassed at home in the 4th quarter by a NOT great LSU team for me than it was that OM got an unexpected win. We still have our shot at OM but right now pretty good SEC teams are beating us soundly.