PDA

View Full Version : Rosie has tweeted out the egg bowl shall not see another date

starkvegasdawg
08-02-2020, 01:27 PM
It will be played as normal.

KOdawg1
08-02-2020, 01:37 PM
Northern Miss was hoping to catch us early so they could play Vandy, their real rival, last.

Cowbell
08-02-2020, 05:42 PM
Northern Miss was hoping to catch us early so they could play Vandy, their real rival, last.

Or Memphis

Maroonthirteen
08-03-2020, 05:47 AM
Can't wait to see the shitastic gold uniforms for this game.

ZedFedder
08-03-2020, 07:02 AM
I love the Egg Bowl unis!

TrapGame
08-03-2020, 08:04 AM
John Cohen said on OBB that the EB will be on Dec 5th.

RiverCityDawg
08-03-2020, 08:19 AM

To be clear, he said the rumors of it being moved earlier in the season were not true. Didn't say it would be played as normal or on the same date.

Jack Lambert
08-03-2020, 10:24 AM
I don't think it is the first game but with the schedule start date changing the day could change. Even Cohen said he was sure how the schedule was going to line up. Adding two additional SEC teams and keeping the ones you had on schedule, dates will change. It will have to. I think locations might change. We could be playing on the road against a team we were going to play at home. I think the only thing for sure is the SEC teams scheduled. Dates and locations are not.

BeastMan
08-03-2020, 10:42 AM
What Neal said was when the SEC was addressing the 2020 schedule, numerous models were presented for consideration. One model had instate schools playing first. That would put Egg Bowl and Iron Bowl first. Although I’m not a fan of that idea it makes sense for the conference to explore it from a safety standpoint. It would make sense for week 1 to be a soft opening of sorts and you play whoever is either closest or same state to limit travel and exposure. I don’t think anybody wants that but it’s plausible when exploring all option which it would be irresponsible for the SEC not to.

BeastMan
08-03-2020, 10:44 AM
To add to my last post let’s play by play this:

-Neal says a source in the SEC office says they saw that model

-Steve ask Cohen and Cohen says it won’t be week 1

-Cohen goes on OOB and says it’s likely December 5 aka last weekend

When you follow what’s actually being said and reported, nobody was wrong and everyone is just reporting giving us some interesting things to talk about. Nothing more, nothing less.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
08-03-2020, 11:05 AM
Well by then Covid19 will be gone anyway.

Todd4State
08-03-2020, 11:12 AM
What Neal said was when the SEC was addressing the 2020 schedule, numerous models were presented for consideration. One model had instate schools playing first. That would put Egg Bowl and Iron Bowl first. Although I’m not a fan of that idea it makes sense for the conference to explore it from a safety standpoint. It would make sense for week 1 to be a soft opening of sorts and you play whoever is either closest or same state to limit travel and exposure. I don’t think anybody wants that but it’s plausible when exploring all option which it would be irresponsible for the SEC not to.

Thing is Neal has been begging for the Egg Bowl to be earlier in the year for at least a year or two because he thinks it would de-emphasize the rivalry. He's wrong about that. For me it was funny for him to get his hopes up to see them squashed like a bug.

BeastMan
08-03-2020, 11:35 AM
Thing is Neal has been begging for the Egg Bowl to be earlier in the year for at least a year or two because he thinks it would de-emphasize the rivalry. He's wrong about that. For me it was funny for him to get his hopes up to see them squashed like a bug.

He has been saying that. You’re right. But if you listened to him he didn’t come off at believing it or rooting for it. He just said that model was discussed.

msbulldog
08-03-2020, 12:07 PM
Neal was saying last year play it earlier and leave the trophy on the field.

revdrdawg
08-03-2020, 04:54 PM
I did not see the tweet, but on Genespage he posted that it won't be moved to the first game of the season. Cohen was on Bo Bounds this morning and left open the option of the Egg Bowl being the last day of the regular season. He did not say that it would be moved off of Thanksgiving, but was pretty clear that the whole schedule was in flux.

Todd4State
08-03-2020, 07:19 PM
I did not see the tweet, but on Genespage he posted that it won't be moved to the first game of the season. Cohen was on Bo Bounds this morning and left open the option of the Egg Bowl being the last day of the regular season. He did not say that it would be moved off of Thanksgiving, but was pretty clear that the whole schedule was in flux.

If Cohen knows the date of the Egg Bowl I'm pretty sure he has a pretty good rough idea at what our schedule looks like at worst.

lastmajordog
08-04-2020, 07:24 PM
Can't wait to see the shitastic gold uniforms for this game.
AMEN...

Red Clay Hills
08-05-2020, 08:15 AM
I guess College Gameday and SEC Nation will be all the guys sitting at home on webcams this year.