PDA

View Full Version : Tyler Williams?

Hambone
08-01-2020, 02:03 PM
First off, yes saw this on six pack. However I live in Oxford and just asked about this to my neighbor.

Anyone else know anything concrete other than ?all I know is he?s not at practice? ?

KOdawg1
08-01-2020, 03:17 PM
This is what I was referring to the other day when I said our secondary was going to be bad

Idk if it's disciplinary or if he's not there on his own, but this is potentially very bad.

Homedawg
08-02-2020, 08:33 AM
It's not disciplinary....

msstate7
08-02-2020, 08:39 AM
If we keep losing defensive starters, we might end up being relieved when this season is put to sleep.

Dawgology
08-02-2020, 08:59 AM
I've been tracking this also. Very strange that we have so many defensive starters leaving the team. I'm not sure what to make of it exactly. Is this a coaching issue? Is it just that JoMo's guys can't handle the new conditioning program and discipline? Bad team chemistry?

Mobile Bay
08-02-2020, 09:13 AM
My guess is some bad eggs are being run off. Leach beach will do that.

confucius say
08-02-2020, 09:34 AM
I've never heard Tyler was a bad egg. Let's not just assume that. Maybe he is opting out due to covid?

Todd4State
08-02-2020, 11:27 AM
If we keep losing defensive starters, we might end up being relieved when this season is put to sleep.

Florida State can have those two. Not sure what's up with Williams.

Todd4State
08-02-2020, 11:30 AM
I've been tracking this also. Very strange that we have so many defensive starters leaving the team. I'm not sure what to make of it exactly. Is this a coaching issue? Is it just that JoMo's guys can't handle the new conditioning program and discipline? Bad team chemistry?

Theory: Under Dan and Joe our highest rated players recruiting wise were on defense. Both Lovett and Jones had dramatic recruitment processes. They're prima donna's. Now Williams- again I don't know. If it is indeed not disciplinary that tells me it's either an injury or he is sitting out because of COVID. Either way that's totally different than the FSU guys.

ZedFedder
08-02-2020, 12:10 PM
I’ve heard he is injured, but it wasn’t from someone who has direct knowledge. More hearsay so take it for what it’s worth.

Todd4State
08-02-2020, 12:37 PM
If he is injured or whatever I'd move Marcus Murphy to corner. I think he is a better athlete and has better ball skills than whoever our back up is. Unless Decamarion Richardson can play right away.

KOdawg1
08-02-2020, 01:15 PM
If he is injured or whatever I'd move Marcus Murphy to corner. I think he is a better athlete and has better ball skills than whoever our back up is. Unless Decamarion Richardson can play right away.
I expect Forbes and Richardson to play a lot. I think they pass Furdge and Reed who bluntly should've never received a scholarship to play at MSU. I also think the transfer from UMass plays a lot too

Hambone
08-02-2020, 01:15 PM
Cass just became one of the more important recruits if so

bulldawg28
08-02-2020, 01:21 PM

Murphy is not a corner.

Homedawg
08-02-2020, 01:25 PM
I’ve heard he is injured, but it wasn’t from someone who has direct knowledge. More hearsay so take it for what it’s worth.

Nah

MafiaDawg
08-02-2020, 01:35 PM
Why the secrecy? Someone spit it out. Who gives a crap.

Todd4State
08-02-2020, 02:02 PM
Murphy is not a corner.

Neither are the other guys.

Cowbell
08-02-2020, 05:41 PM
Nah

What's the story here?

Dawgfan77
08-02-2020, 08:34 PM
Look guys. Tyler had some things he is working through. Just let things be right now

Cowbell
08-02-2020, 09:32 PM
Look guys. Tyler had some things he is working through. Just let things be right now
Thank you for setting it straight

Bothrops
08-02-2020, 10:48 PM
This reminds me of the Demonte Russell mystery.

Jarius
08-03-2020, 06:16 AM
Why the secrecy? Someone spit it out. Who gives a crap.

He’s not sure whether or not he wants to continue playing football. Bout as nice as I can put it.

MaroonFlounder
08-03-2020, 07:25 AM
He’s not sure whether or not he wants to continue playing football. Bout as nice as I can put it.

It happens. Life is not just about football.

I'm glad we will have an innovative offense, because our secondary is gonna get SHELLED.

MafiaDawg
08-03-2020, 07:30 AM

It appears he wants to be a woke SJW. That?s unfortunate. But we need guys who are fully committed to the team.

Bothrops
08-03-2020, 01:49 PM
It happens. Life is not just about football.

I'm glad we will have an innovative offense, because our secondary is gonna get SHELLED.

Gonna be hard to win when every team we face will be able to score when they need to. Seen this before.

Dawgology
08-03-2020, 02:02 PM
Just look at this season as a glorified fall practice/pre-season. It'll help you cope. That and a lot fo whiskey, beer, and smoking/grilling. I'm ready.

RiverCityDawg
08-03-2020, 03:12 PM
Just look at this season as a glorified fall practice/pre-season. It'll help you cope. That and a lot fo whiskey, beer, and smoking/grilling. I'm ready.

I've been adopting that viewpoint as well, basically "Year Zero" of the Mike Leach era. Just a shame we'll be wasting the last year with Kylin and the only year with Costello.

bulldawg28
08-03-2020, 05:09 PM
It appears he wants to be a woke SJW. That?s unfortunate. But we need guys who are fully committed to the team.

Being woke is great! If he decides to quit more power to him. There is more to life than football.

msbulldog
08-03-2020, 06:15 PM
Tyler has some personal issues according to his friend who posts on 247. I just hope he resolves whatever issue that is, in away that is best for him and his family. Most folks who post here are die-hard football fans, I get it. But, in the grand scheme of things it's still just a game and a young mans life and personal situation is more important. We have survived losing players before and we will again and again, HAIL STATE!

Todd4State
08-03-2020, 06:41 PM
Tyler has some personal issues according to his friend who posts on 247. I just hope he resolves whatever issue that is, in away that is best for him and his family. Most folks who post here are die-hard football fans, I get it. But, in the grand scheme of things it's still just a game and a young mans life and personal situation is more important. We have survived losing players before and we will again and again, HAIL STATE!

Yeah. He needs to do whatever is best for him. Whatever that is.

As it is MSU will do the best with what we have. The real problem is we shouldn't have recruited so poorly that we are in a situation where we have to rely so much on one guy.

msbulldog
08-03-2020, 06:50 PM
Yeah. He needs to do whatever is best for him. Whatever that is.

As it is MSU will do the best with what we have. The real problem is we shouldn't have recruited so poorly that we are in a situation where we have to rely so much on one guy.

True that!

lastmajordog
08-03-2020, 07:27 PM

Dawg.....cheers.....I like/appreciate your outlook. If life continued after late Emory, Felker, JWS, All of Croom, and Mullen hunting for job, and all of Moorhead, it will go on now. Cheers and great eats...

Cowbell
08-03-2020, 07:32 PM

This is awesome - rep given