PDA

View Full Version : Official: ACC to play 10+1

Mobile Bay
07-29-2020, 03:58 PM
Notre Dame will play full ACC schedule and be eligible for the ACC title.

https://www.al.com/sports/2020/07/acc-will-play-101-football-schedule-in-2020-notre-dame-will-be-eligible-for-title-game.html

I think this all but locks in the SEC doing the same for all the SEC East rivalry games.

BrunswickDawg
07-29-2020, 04:07 PM
So, the +1 game has to be "in the home state of the team. Does NC State keep us on the schedule since it is a home game for them?

Quaoarsking
07-29-2020, 04:12 PM
So, the +1 game has to be "in the home state of the team. Does NC State keep us on the schedule since it is a home game for them?

I would say yes, unless the SEC also has the same rule.

Mobile Bay
07-29-2020, 04:25 PM

No, because as the ACC model shows the OOC game will be the last game of the year. I don't think we would we agree to move the egg bowl. And I don't think NC State wants to move Tobacco Road either.

Like I said I think we will do the same but the more I think about it the less I think the SEC will have the instate rule. If you do that who is left in much of the west. Arkansas finishing up with UAPB, no. Ole Miss or us would play Southern Miss maybe. But what is left after that for the other? LSU-Tulane would be fun for the history but a bad game to watch. And if the BiG12 goes conference games only what does that leave A&M with, A&M Commerce?

No way in hell Alabama would agree to play Troy or UAB, just in principal. So what there, South Alabama?

Homedawg
07-29-2020, 04:28 PM
There is no guarantee the egg bowl is last this year w all the moving and shaking.

Mobile Bay
07-29-2020, 04:37 PM
There is no guarantee the egg bowl is last this year w all the moving and shaking.

You are right. But my reading between the lines from the ACC that OOC games must be instate says to me that the choice has been made to preserve those five instate OOC rivalry games, and those will be last according to their model schedule. I doubt they would do that unless they had already discussed it with the SEC. So when the SEC builds its new schedule those will be the first five put on there. After that the easiest thing to do is fill in that last week with the regular lineup.

Maridian Dawg
07-29-2020, 04:41 PM
No, because as the ACC model shows the OOC game will be the last game of the year. I don't think we would we agree to move the egg bowl. And I don't think NC State wants to move Tobacco Road either.

Like I said I think we will do the same but the more I think about it the less I think the SEC will have the instate rule. If you do that who is left in much of the west. Arkansas finishing up with UAPB, no. Ole Miss or us would play Southern Miss maybe. But what is left after that for the other? LSU-Tulane would be fun for the history but a bad game to watch. And if the BiG12 goes conference games only what does that leave A&M with, A&M Commerce?

No way in hell Alabama would agree to play Troy or UAB, just in principal. So what there, South Alabama?

If you look at the model a little closer, you can tell that it doesn't show the OOC game is the last game of the year. For example, BC is in Clemson, Duke, Syracuse, Virginia, and VT's first column.

HoopsDawg
07-29-2020, 04:42 PM
Hope we pick up Vandy.

Todd4State
07-29-2020, 04:43 PM

Not a fan at Ole Miss is probably excited.

Todd4State
07-29-2020, 04:44 PM
I don't know what the SEC will do- I do think this may make it more likely that we do a 10+1 like the ACC though.

I think we at least play the SEC schedule.

Todd4State
07-29-2020, 04:45 PM
Hope we pick up Vandy.

We very well could if we pick up our next two SEC East opponents which has been rumored as a possibility.

Mobile Bay
07-29-2020, 04:46 PM
Hope we pick up Vandy.

I want another crack at Floriduh Man only this time without Joevester Moorcroom.

Mobile Bay
07-29-2020, 04:48 PM
We very well could if we pick up our next two SEC East opponents which has been rumored as a possibility.

That means we also get Georgia, but the Tennessee fans get a crack at Lane. That's gonna be some hate right there.

Todd4State
07-29-2020, 04:49 PM
I want another crack at Floriduh Man only this time without Joevester Moorcroom.

Also possible if they decide to pick up the 24-25 East opponents.

Picking up the current 2021-2022 opponents are what have been rumored the most however. Wherever we play Florida next it will be in Gainesville unless craziness happens and we both end up in Atlanta.

Todd4State
07-29-2020, 04:50 PM
That means we also get Georgia, but the Tennessee fans get a crack at Lane. That's gonna be some hate right there.

Yep! Should be fun. Good news is we would get Georgia in Starkville and Vandy in Nashville.

Mobile Bay
07-29-2020, 04:51 PM
Also possible if they decide to pick up the 24-25 East opponents.

Picking up the current 2021-2022 opponents are what have been rumored the most however. Wherever we play Florida next it will be in Gainesville unless craziness happens and we both end up in Atlanta.

Crazy??

You do know who our coach is. He specializes in crazy.

And Big Game Dan in the big game. This is going to last more than four hours.

HoopsDawg
07-29-2020, 04:52 PM

Don't have that defense anymore though. Give me Vandy and South Carolina to go along with UK and Missouri.

HoopsDawg
07-29-2020, 05:28 PM
I'm excited about 10 or 11 interesting, meaningful games this year.

Lumpy Chucklelips
07-29-2020, 05:50 PM
Don't have that defense anymore though. Give me Vandy and South Carolina to go along with UK and Missouri.

I think people are sleeping on Ky this year. Going to be a tough out.

Cowbell
07-29-2020, 05:55 PM
I'm excited about 10 or 11 interesting, meaningful games this year.

Yes this could actually be better than usual seasons. I hate the pushover games.

bulldawg28
07-30-2020, 01:38 AM

Not this year we don't.

Jack Lambert
07-30-2020, 08:00 AM

if this happens than we have six road games and five home games. I hope we don play NC State. Lets drop them and pick someone else up that we will play at home.