PDA

View Full Version : All Right This Stuff Has GOT To Stop

JeanPeesSittingDown
11-05-2013, 12:46 PM
I left a certain board (that will remain anonymous) a while ago because I couldn't take the sunshine being shoved down my throat. I get over here and recently, it's become almost the exact opposite.

Listen guys, I didn't plan on posting on any message board again for some time because of my experiences from the other board... but damn... I just can't help it. Everyone over here is saying we don't have a chance against A&M. Hold on-- this is the SEC. Anyone can beat anyone (with the exception of Bama but that's a different story).

We have a solid team that has shown it can compete at times. I honestly believe if we can put it together for 4 quarters, and we can remain within 10 points headed to the 4th we have a shot.

Bottom line we have what it take to make a respectable run at the end of the season and make it to a bowl game. We can't have the fan base turning on each other and creating unnecessary chaos. Right now Dan is out coach. Nothing you or I say will change that fact. Let's support him and our team. Let's move forward and put a whipping on ole Johnny and move on to the next one.

My prediction-

MSU- 38
AM - 42

Dawg61
11-05-2013, 01:07 PM
So you're predicting we'll whip JFF by losing by 4?

JeanPeesSittingDown
11-05-2013, 01:11 PM
As stated, I try to remain realistic. My heart says we whip them by 10+ but my head says we keep it within a score but they win with a last second score.

But like stated above- if we can put it together for 4 quarters we can dominate.

Should be close either way.

CadaverDawg
11-05-2013, 01:11 PM
Prepare yourselves guys....it's not just a few

http://i.istockimg.com/file_thumbview_approve/1657069/2/stock-photo-1657069-herd-of-sheep.jpg

basedog
11-05-2013, 01:35 PM
Now that made me laugh, may be your best post ever!

SignalToNoise
11-05-2013, 01:38 PM
Nice user name.

engie
11-05-2013, 01:40 PM
When was the last time we "put it together for 4 quarters" -- and why do you expect it to happen on the road against a QB that totally raped us last year?

JeanPeesSittingDown
11-05-2013, 01:48 PM
When was the last time we "put it together for 4 quarters" -- and why do you expect it to happen on the road against a QB that totally raped us last year?

Troy.

And good thing JFF doesn't play on defense. Ok I know why I'm being attacked. It's a stretch that we will win. But I didn't predict us to win. However, I think it's possible we can keep it close. If you have a game in the 4th, then you don't have to be the best team. You just have to be better for 15 min.

Dan hasn't had his best year, but things are on the upswing! Just give him few more games, and if you still aren't satisfied- go for his head in the offseason.

C222
11-05-2013, 01:49 PM
Best username ever. Almost as funny as your prediction of the A&M game.

The Croom Diaries
11-05-2013, 01:50 PM
Everyone knows that if we "put together 4 quarters" we have a chance to win. That's the problem - we don't put together 4 quarters. THAT is the reason that makes up 70-80% of the people who have had enough of Mullen. We are not even competing in these games. I'm planning to take a look at games we have just been close in vs. good teams under Mullen later this week. I know it's not good. If we could count W's for just staying close in games vs. teams that finish the year with a winning record it would be like 5-30 (haven't done the math yet, pure guess). We have to at least give ourselves a fighting chance before we can hope to score an upset. Unless this team turns on a dime and somehow puts it together this weekend - we don't stand a chance. Not even a chance to finish within a touchdown. It's one thing in year 2 or 3 to believe we will compete one day in the future, but in year 5 folks are pretty much done looking into the future about our chances to be competitive in these games. At this point, if you're pumping sunshine then you've resigned yourself to accepting MSU's perceived lot in life. If you're down on the program, then you believe there is more for MSU out there.

TopDog58
11-05-2013, 01:53 PM

Exactly. Their defense wasn't all that last year either and we struggled to move the ball on them. Yes, Auburn showed how to beat the Aggies, but have you seen anything from Mullen this year that tells you he's willing to run the ball down their throats?

Here's what will happen. A&M will march right down the field with an easy score to open the game. Dan will panic and come out throwing which will lead to an INT and another Aggie score. Gameplan is shot, we spend the rest of the game trying to catch up. Game over.

I can easily see us struggling to put up 24 point on this "terrible" A&M defense that a lot of our people are confident we are going to pile up yards against.

JeanPeesSittingDown
11-05-2013, 02:02 PM
Buncha pessimist if I've ever seen 'em.

Listen guys, I think if we can win 3 of 4 and get our teams confidence up- 2014 could be... dare a I say--- OUR YEAR?!?!?!?

I think that sudden of a turn around could do wonders. You all can sit here and yap back and forth while you beat a dead horse, but I'm looking towards the future. And it could POSSIBLY start this weekend.

Good thing games are played on the field and not on paper.

engie
11-05-2013, 02:05 PM

Is this a good thing?

I thought on paper we had an excellent chance to be OK State, Auburn, and South Carolina. On the field, not so much.

On paper, I think aTm destroys us. It's not "pessimism" to think this. It's realism.

We will "believe" again when Mullen steps up and gives us a reason to. It's been a helluva long time since he last did anything of the sort though.

The Croom Diaries
11-05-2013, 02:15 PM
Buncha pessimist if I've ever seen 'em.

Listen guys, I think if we can win 3 of 4 and get our teams confidence up- 2014 could be... dare a I say--- OUR YEAR?!?!?!?

I think that sudden of a turn around could do wonders. You all can sit here and yap back and forth while you beat a dead horse, but I'm looking towards the future. And it could POSSIBLY start this weekend.

It's fine to be optimistic. I still watch every game and then I watch it again on Sunday. I watch with the hope we will win the game. But that doesn't change the expectation that we will get beat to a pulp. Be positive all day long, but don't go to a MSU message board when times are tough hoping to find a positive vibe - message boards are a reflection of what the hardcore, knowledgeable fanbase is thinking. And anyone with their head screwed on correctly can see we are the 12th best team (at best) in the SEC right now, only above two teams that totally suck.

JeanPeesSittingDown
11-05-2013, 02:23 PM
That's true- I understand the frustration. I have it too.

I've always been a big time supporter of Dan and think that he has the "it" factor. Just telling yall don't be surprised when he takes us next year to the sugar bowl.

And for the doubters of Dan- my family friend has been a staple in the football department for about 30 plus years. He/she has taken me around the program very often the past 5 or so years. I see how he runs his football program. We are EXTREMELY lucky to have him with us. He will get the ship turned faster than you think.

Statecoachingblows**
11-05-2013, 02:31 PM
Glass half full or glass half empty? Does it really matter how you view it if the glass has a chip in it and is leaking water?

dawgs
11-05-2013, 02:34 PM
I've always been a big time supporter of Dan and think that he has the "it" factor. Just telling yall don't be surprised when he takes us next year to the sugar bowl.

he showed some "it" factor in 2009 and 2010, but since then, he's been another mediocre coach that does just enough against the bad teams to win, but doesn't beat any worthwhile teams, often getting run off the field against the worthwhile teams. whatever "it" factor he had or seemed to have, is gone now.

maroonmania
11-05-2013, 02:39 PM
Uh, wake me up when we play Arkansas. We haven't beaten a reasonably good team since 2010.

geotop
11-05-2013, 02:41 PM
I am not a big fan of gene. I think he delusional and doesnt allow free expression.

fishwater99
11-05-2013, 02:41 PM

And for the doubters of Dan- my family friend has been a staple in the football department for about 30 plus years. He/she has taken me around the program very often the past 5 or so years. I see how he runs his football program. We are EXTREMELY lucky to have him with us. He will get the ship turned faster than you think.

Wow...........

All Dan has is $2.7 million form us.

Our best season under Mullen was 2010 (9-4) with Croom's players...
What have we done since then?
Mullen is in year 5, and has never beaten a Top 20 team, and never will.

He hasn't beaten a Top 25 team since 2010, let that sink in, It's 2013...
2009 (win over #25 Ole Miss)
2010 (win over #22 UF)

I am and have been on the fire bandwagon since after the A&M game last year.
Dan is over-rated and doesn't have a clue on how to coach an offense.
All he knows is what he learned from Urban Meyer. It's clear that Mullen doesn't know how to run any other type of offense.
Dan was just the yes man for Meyer, just like Les is his yes man at MSU for Dan.. It was all one big ruse..

Mullen's last win over a BCS team with a winning record was Michigan..
That says all you need to know..More proof that Dan is just not that good of a coach.
Our program is on the decline.
Mullen peaked in year 2 with our win over Michigan, it's been downhill since...

geotop
11-05-2013, 02:47 PM
I think his biggest weakness is recruiting. I just dont see a strong conviction to the whole process. It seems to me that he doesnt enjoy that part of
his job.

scottycameron
11-05-2013, 02:48 PM
bearzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....... ..

JeanPeesSittingDown
11-05-2013, 03:01 PM
Fair argument- But let reality sink in for a second. He's not getting fired in the middle of the season? Correct? We aren't going to fire a coach that has brought us to back to back to back bowl games.

Let's support him and bring out the pitch forks after our bowl game.

BossDawg
11-05-2013, 03:03 PM
But like stated above- if we can put it together for 4 quarters we can dominate.

But we haven't in what seems like forever, and we won't this weekend when Manziel runs wild on our defense.

Dude.....you should seriously consider going back to Genespage.

BossDawg
11-05-2013, 03:07 PM
This guy has to be trolling.

JeanPeesSittingDown
11-05-2013, 03:11 PM

Why because I am supporting our coach? Sorry I will just shut up and move on to a different thread. I'll keep my feelings about Dan and the rest of the staff to myself unless they are what you want to hear.

scottycameron
11-05-2013, 03:11 PM

there's no doubt, but the jean pic is darn good anyway. What's he got in his left hand?

geotop
11-05-2013, 03:12 PM
I think if our defense plays tough and puts together a few stops AND our offense plays efficient and scores then we can beat TAMU

just hog the ball and any stop on defense is a win. TAMU defense is not that good.

scottycameron
11-05-2013, 03:12 PM
Why because I am supporting our coach? Sorry I will just shut up and move on to a different thread. I'll keep my feelings about Dan and the rest of the staff to myself unless they are what you want to hear.

LOLZ

fishwater99
11-05-2013, 03:13 PM
Fair argument- But let reality sink in for a second. He's not getting fired in the middle of the season? Correct? We aren't going to fire a coach that has brought us to back to back to back bowl games.

It's too late for me, I have been wanting him fired since the A&M game. I guess you still believe, well I don't and never did...

geotop
11-05-2013, 03:18 PM
What grades would you give Dan Mullen ?

1. recruitiing C-
2. player develoment B+
3. pre-game prep B+
4. in game management C-
5. public relations C+

dawgs
11-05-2013, 03:42 PM

OUR bowl game???? :rolleyes:

wrb7480
11-05-2013, 03:46 PM
This whole thread is funny!! I smell a bear!!

SignalToNoise
11-05-2013, 04:04 PM
I see the same things every week.

"IF we put together 4 quarters..."
"IF our defense can get a few stops..."
"Our offense can move the ball on their shitty defense. We will scores lots of points!"

Its like yall haven't watched a game at all. It doesn't matter that their defense sucks. We shoot ourselves in the foot each and every week. I've posted this list in another thread but I feel like it needs to be repeated. We'll abandon the run when they have no way to stop it. We'll have a back-breaking INT that halts our momentum. Our kicker will miss an easy FG. Our boneheaded WRs will drop a sure fire first down catch. Whitley will commit a personal foul to negate a 3rd down stop. We'll run with our TR instead of handing it to JRob, Shump or even Perk. Missed tackles. Bad angles to the ball. Corner blitzes that don't even work on playstation.

All kinds of stupid shit. The possibilities are endless with this group of shitheads.

Do you people realize how foolish you sound when you say things like "Well we will have to play a complete game but if we do we can win!" or "If everythign goes our way we win!" or "If we can hang around until the 4th quarter we'll have a chance!"

When have put together a complete game this season against a quality opponent? When has everything ever gone MSU's way? It's a miracle if this team hangs on until the third quarter, let alone the fourth quarter.

If you want to be all optimistic then fine- suit yourself. But don't act like the rest of us are stupid or "negative" for saying this team can't beat aTm.

engie
11-05-2013, 04:06 PM

"Our offense can move the ball on their shitty defense. We will scores lots of points!"

Its like yall haven't watched a game at all. It doesn't matter that their defense sucks. We shoot ourselves in the foot each and every week. I've posted this list in another thread but I feel like it needs to be repeated. We'll abandon the run when they have no way to stop it. We'll have a back-breaking INT that halts our momentum. Our kicker will miss an easy FG. Our boneheaded WRs will drop a sure fire first down catch. Whitley will commit a personal foul to negate a 3rd down stop. We'll run with our TR instead of handing it to JRob, Shump or even Perk. Missed tackles. Bad angles to the ball. Corner blitzes that don't even work on playstation.

All kinds of stupid shit. The possibilities are endless with this group of shitheads.

Do you people realize how foolish you sound when you say things like "Well we will have to play a complete game but if we do we can win!" or "If everythign goes our way we win!" or "If we can hang around until the 4th quarter we'll have a chance!"

When have put together a complete game this season against a quality opponent? When has everything ever gone MSU's way? It's a miracle if this team hangs on until the third quarter, let alone the fourth quarter.

If you want to be all optimistic then fine- suit yourself. But don't act like the rest of us are stupid or "negative" for saying this team can't beat aTm.

Agreed

JeanPeesSittingDown
11-05-2013, 04:16 PM
Point taken. It's a message board- Everyone will have their own opinion.

I'm getting attacked (and I probably deserved it) for calling everyone out on my first post. I guess I have gotten too emotionally wrapped up with this current staff? Or maybe I just have a habit of putting a positive spin on stuff? Personally I think it's just hard for me to admit defeat.

scottycameron
11-05-2013, 04:21 PM

I'm getting attacked (and I probably deserved it) for calling everyone out on my first post. I guess I have gotten too emotionally wrapped up with this current staff? Or maybe I just have a habit of putting a positive spin on stuff? Personally I think it's just hard for me to admit defeat.

awesome. Now what does jean have in his left hand?

Barking 13
11-05-2013, 04:26 PM

That's why we are so pissed.. because we have all the tools to be better than what we are seeing... just like in business, if you have a great product, but you have a crappy location, no marketing, mismanage resources, and just generally don't give a crap about it, how long do you think you can stay in business?

JeanPeesSittingDown
11-05-2013, 04:26 PM
cranberry juice.

DownwardDawg
11-05-2013, 04:35 PM
Good God!! We are losing our board. 17

DownwardDawg
11-05-2013, 04:38 PM
We are going to get ass raped the next 2 weeks. I will be celebrating if we win either one but that ain't happening. It won't be close. They view us as we view Alcorn.

scottycameron
11-05-2013, 04:42 PM
cranberry juice.

that's appropriate

JeanPeesSittingDown
11-05-2013, 04:44 PM
that's appropriate

It's really just a pic of Richard Simons with Jean's face cropped over. I didn't even really pay attention to the cranberry juice while I was doing it... but yes it's appropriate on both accounts.

Bothrops
11-05-2013, 04:57 PM

Ok jeanspees, if we go to the Sugar Bowl next year I won't be surprised. Thanks for the heads up. Good work! No seriously.. good stuff.

preachermatt83
11-05-2013, 05:20 PM
Everyone knows that if we "put together 4 quarters" we have a chance to win. That's the problem - we don't put together 4 quarters. THAT is the reason that makes up 70-80% of the people who have had enough of Mullen. We are not even competing in these games. I'm planning to take a look at games we have just been close in vs. good teams under Mullen later this week. I know it's not good. If we could count W's for just staying close in games vs. teams that finish the year with a winning record it would be like 5-30 (haven't done the math yet, pure guess). We have to at least give ourselves a fighting chance before we can hope to score an upset. Unless this team turns on a dime and somehow puts it together this weekend - we don't stand a chance. Not even a chance to finish within a touchdown. It's one thing in year 2 or 3 to believe we will compete one day in the future, but in year 5 folks are pretty much done looking into the future about our chances to be competitive in these games. At this point, if you're pumping sunshine then you've resigned yourself to accepting MSU's perceived lot in life. If you're down on the program, then you believe there is more for MSU out there.

BOOM!!!! This ^^^^^^

donald igwebuike
11-05-2013, 05:25 PM
I blv you left your heart...on Gene's Page. You my boy, are clueless

HunterDawg
11-05-2013, 08:54 PM
All we really need is one upset win.

What does tsun have except one upset win? They are 5th in the West, but viewed as on the rise because they got one really unlikely and very lucky upset win. How many of us saw that one coming?

We really missed an opportunity against SC. That would have turned the whole perception around, and it is all just a matter of perception. If we can run the ball on A&M, score and keep that offense off the field, we can pull it off. We need to play the SC game again, only this time with no turnovers. We dominated that game in a lot of areas. Their defense is much better than A&M's. We are not as far away as some believe.

Then, Dan will suddenly be a genius and all this firing stuff will disappear.

All it would take is one upset win.

Churchill
11-05-2013, 09:15 PM
If Dan coaches long enough he`ll eventually upset somebody.... but the fact will remain he`s just not a good, well rounded coach for MSU.

Jdawg
11-05-2013, 10:08 PM

This is funny to me. It's sad that its true but sometimes you just have to laugh about it.

CadaverDawg
11-05-2013, 10:27 PM

http://images.wikia.com/cardfight/images/c/cd/36243-slow-clap-citizen-kane-orson-w-bJkI.gif

Not sure how I missed this post, but it needs to be bumped. This is a great post.