PDA

View Full Version : Guidry Opts Out

Gutter Cobreh
07-28-2020, 10:00 AM
Stephen Guidry has opted out of the NFL season.

Ballsy move as an undrafted free agent, but does this guarantee him the $150k payout?? If it is true UDFAs get paid, is this actually smart since there wasn't any guarantee he would make the team?

msstate7
07-28-2020, 10:11 AM
No way he gets that

StateDawg44
07-28-2020, 10:27 AM
Yeah what was he thinking?

At this point at least try to stay on even if you aren't sure you're going to make the team.

For all he knows is half the team could get infected and him get called up.

Honestly, I guess I'm not surprised though....

Cooterpoot
07-28-2020, 10:37 AM
Gonna let that NFL shot slip right through his hands....

Commercecomet24
07-28-2020, 10:42 AM
Gonna let that NFL shot slip right through his hands....

Letting things slip through his hands is what he does best!

Gutter Cobreh
07-28-2020, 10:47 AM
No way he gets that

You are correct. Reports now say that he does not get the $150k, but keeps his $10k signing bonus and the Cowboys still hold his rights.

Unless there is some health issues related to himself, this can not be viewed as a smart move.

Leroy Jenkins
07-28-2020, 11:05 AM

Rep!

Doesn't make sense, he can't catch a cold but he's worried about catching a virus?

ZedFedder
07-28-2020, 11:19 AM
I think this further proves what we saw... He thinks he is a whole lot better than what he actually is. He needed a tough, Mullen or Leach type coach but got pampered. Same reason why you saw him celebrate a TD catch by shushing the crowd when we were losing by a lot.

Todd4State
07-28-2020, 11:21 AM

LOL!

AROB44
07-28-2020, 11:26 AM
Well....he sure opted out of catching passes during his tenure at MSU!!

The Federalist Engineer
07-28-2020, 11:41 AM
"The Drop"

https://www.inquirer.com/resizer/PsCl870y9fMdyW0U4JIEXSGHqdA=/1400x932/smart/arc-anglerfish-arc2-prod-pmn.s3.amazonaws.com/public/C3ZVDZDX4NCRZACKLQ77L5DLCA.jpg

viverlibre
07-28-2020, 11:43 AM
"The Drop"

https://www.inquirer.com/resizer/PsCl870y9fMdyW0U4JIEXSGHqdA=/1400x932/smart/arc-anglerfish-arc2-prod-pmn.s3.amazonaws.com/public/C3ZVDZDX4NCRZACKLQ77L5DLCA.jpg

This is no excuse, but that pass was intended for the underneath man, but sailed over his head. At any rate Guidry should have caught it, but I don't think he was the intended target.

Todd4State
07-28-2020, 11:49 AM
This is no excuse, but that pass was intended for the underneath man, but sailed over his head. At any rate Guidry should have caught it, but I don't think he was the intended target.

Gotta be ready to catch the ball if you are a wide receiver. Even worse a lot of times Guidry would bat the ball up in the air where it was a risk to be intercepted.

ZedFedder
07-28-2020, 11:56 AM
Guidry practically handed the ball off the the Iowa defender.

Cowbell
07-28-2020, 11:57 AM
I am working on being a better person, so Im just not gonna comment here....

viverlibre
07-28-2020, 12:08 PM
Gotta be ready to catch the ball if you are a wide receiver. Even worse a lot of times Guidry would bat the ball up in the air where it was a risk to be intercepted.

No doubt, it hit him right in the hands.

bulldawg28
07-28-2020, 12:46 PM
I am working on being a better person, so Im just not gonna comment here....

Lol...Rep given. Things understood don't have to be explained.

Cowbell
07-28-2020, 01:13 PM
Lol...Rep given. Things understood don't have to be explained.

Yep. This board as well as our fans should all keep this in mind if we really want to better our program.

FISHDAWG
07-28-2020, 02:40 PM
Yep. This board as well as our fans should all keep this in mind if we really want to better our program.

yep ... had to bite my tongue as well ..... everyone wanted him to sign with us and now ...... Sorry but I just had to chomp down again

gtowndawg
07-28-2020, 03:09 PM

I saw that coming from a country mile away!

Todd4State
07-28-2020, 03:13 PM
yep ... had to bite my tongue as well ..... everyone wanted him to sign with us and now ...... Sorry but I just had to chomp down again

I'm kind of conflicted with players like him. On one hand I think he probably could and should have worked harder and he would have been a better player. And that's on him. However, I think someone like Leach would have made him work harder and wouldn't have coddled him and that's Joe's fault.

He seemed like a complete drama queen the entire time he was here and that's OK- but if you're going to act like that you better perform.

viverlibre
07-28-2020, 03:37 PM
I'm kind of conflicted with players like him. On one hand I think he probably could and should have worked harder and he would have been a better player. And that's on him. However, I think someone like Leach would have made him work harder and wouldn't have coddled him and that's Joe's fault.

He seemed like a complete drama queen the entire time he was here and that's OK- but if you're going to act like that you better perform.

I don't know much about our assistant coaches, but did poor position coaching play a role in his and other WRs inconsistent play?

Todd4State
07-28-2020, 04:39 PM
I don't know much about our assistant coaches, but did poor position coaching play a role in his and other WRs inconsistent play?

IMO I think it was a combination of poor recruiting by Gonzalez who was OK as a coach and I do think poor coaching by the assistants after him played a role too. But I think the bottom line underlying issue was accountability by the previous coaching staff. According to an interview with Nick Fitzgerald he said that some of the players took Moorhead's laid back approach as weak and took advantage of it. I think that was true of the WR position. I do think Moorhead played favorites with Guidry despite him dropping multiple passes and should have played Javonta Payton over him more than he did. That may have been enough of a wake up call for Guidry to perform better. And if the players don't respect Moorhead the position coach is also going to have a hard time earning respect no matter how good of a coach they actually are. I think that happened to a large degree with our S&C too which I believe is an extension of what goes on the field during the game. That's where you develop work ethic and if the coach is letting players slide and having all indoor practices I think it's a lot harder to build that toughness a SEC team needs to win at a high level unless your team has a ton of Barrin Simpson types that can police people. Which is not common.

Gonzalez did a poor job of recruiting like many of Dan's assistants on the offensive side of the ball. Yes, Osirus has taken a lot of heat for dropping that pass against Florida and that comes with the territory of playing in the SEC. But let's be honest here- do you really want a redshirt freshman at the time trying to catch the most critical pass target of the year? And why did we have to start a redshirt freshman? Because we missed on a ton of targets for 3-4 years and had no choice but to start him.

The Federalist Engineer
07-28-2020, 07:56 PM

If there is someone that probably could Not CATCH Covid ... it would be this dude

Goldendawg
07-28-2020, 09:04 PM
Poster on SPS posted this A.M., "He has a newborn which might have something to do with it".