PDA

View Full Version : The rumor is the ACC

Todd4State
07-25-2020, 05:43 PM
prefers a 10+1 schedule meaning 10 conference games plus one game with a SEC team.

I think I would be good with that if the SEC did that. It would be obvious for us to keep NC State as our ACC team. It preserves several rivalry games like Georgia/GT, Florida/FSU, Clemson/South Carolina, and UK/Louisville. There have been rumors about Notre Dame playing Alabama as well.

I also hope it happens because I want the SEC rotation to end by 2023 vs. 2025.

I'm 100% sure LT will make us play Tennessee and Florida on the road though rather than Georgia at home and Vanderbilt on the road.

HoopsDawg
07-25-2020, 06:00 PM
Is Alabama A&M the only team we have lost so far?

Hambone
07-25-2020, 06:16 PM
New Mexico

Leeshouldveflanked
07-25-2020, 06:33 PM
Bring on Clemson!

Mobile Bay
07-25-2020, 07:59 PM
Over half the SEC east ends it's season with an out of conference game. I don't think that should change.

HoopsDawg
07-25-2020, 08:21 PM
New Mexico

So we've lost 2 teams already. Smart by our conference to let these other teams pull out first so we don't have any liablity to pay them their money. If we've already lost 2. Makes complete sense to play 10 conference games + 1 power 5. That's a schedule worth watching.

Jack Lambert
07-25-2020, 08:33 PM
Someone help me with the math. So if we have five home SEC games and Five road SEC games some or all SEC school will get stuck with six road games and five home games. I have a good feeling as to which SEC schools will get the big dingdong. This is all set up for FL VS FSU, Clemson vs USCe and Louisville vs KY. It is bull shit. Lets play 10 and let the school find a game.

Mobile Bay
07-25-2020, 09:16 PM
Can we play Foriduh again, this time with a competent coach instead of slomo the drooler

maroonmania
07-25-2020, 09:18 PM
Someone help me with the math. So if we have five home SEC games and Five road SEC games some or all SEC school will get stuck with six road games and five home games. I have a good feeling as to which SEC schools will get the big dingdong. This is all set up for FL VS FSU, Clemson vs USCe and Louisville vs KY. It is bull shit. Lets play 10 and let the school find a game.

If they are going to play 11 they might as well go for the full 12 game schedule and try to let everyone have a shot to have 6 home games. Ten conference games and 2 OOC (1 with ACC).

Hambone
07-25-2020, 10:23 PM
Won’t happen, but I like the idea of a 12 game schedule with home and home with all of the West teams. I know, not possible (TN/Bama & Auburn/Georgia)

Won’t ever happen, but would work this year.

Todd4State
07-25-2020, 10:30 PM
Can we play Foriduh again, this time with a competent coach instead of slomo the drooler

It's possible. I'm pretty sure it would be in Gainesville. I think that if they go to 10 it will either be our 2021-2022 East opponent (Vanderbilt and Georgia) or they will go with our 2024-2025 opponents (Florida and Tennessee) South Carolina is our 2023 opponent so it's not likely to happen.

If they are going to play 11 they might as well go for the full 12 game schedule and try to let everyone have a shot to have 12 home games. Ten conference games and 2 OOC (1 with ACC).

I could see us playing 10 SEC games, NC State and Tulane being a possibility.

Todd4State
07-25-2020, 10:34 PM

I think everyone will have 5 home and 5 road SEC games if they go to 10. The easiest way to do that was what I said in my last post. Just bump up our SEC East opponents either the next two years or the last two years of the rotation.

Now, I'm sure we'll play NC State on the road with the 10+1 model. But like I said if we play Tulane that would give us a sixth home game. I'm not sure if the SEC would let teams decide whether they want a 12th game or not how that will work but there is no doubt in my mind that if MSU has the option and it's feasible they'll add a sixth game because otherwise we're looking at losing two home games.

Homedawg
07-25-2020, 10:45 PM
Guys. We aren't playing 11 games this fall. Just won't. We should. But it's not likely.

Todd4State
07-26-2020, 12:01 AM
Guys. We aren't playing 11 games this fall. Just won't. We should. But it's not likely.

MLB starting back is a good sign. Among others.

Liverpooldawg
07-26-2020, 12:28 AM
If Tate's order today means what it looks like it does, if it's still in effect during football season, we play every game on the road.

Jack Lambert
07-26-2020, 01:18 AM
If Tate's order today means what it looks like it does, if it's still in effect during football season, we play every game on the road.

Tate is already in trouble politically. I doubt he will take the blame for no home football games.

Sienfield
07-26-2020, 08:20 AM

So you think the Egg Bowl will be moved out of state then?

Liverpooldawg
07-26-2020, 09:58 AM
So you think the Egg Bowl will be moved out of state then?

It said no outdoor gatherings bigger than 20 people. If that includes sports then there will be no football in Mississippi if it's still in effect. That's why I've been saying all along that the SEC and the MHSAA can plan all they want to, they won't make the final call.

HoopsDawg
07-26-2020, 12:57 PM

You can't avoid Covid. You can take measures to prevent health care systems from being overwhelmed. College athletes and youth athletes do not overwhelm hospitals. Why is this hard to understand?

We have to live our lives. Seniors 65 and older need to stay at home. People need to wear masks indoors. And people need to wash their hands. Life needs to continue on. Why is this so hard?

HoopsDawg
07-26-2020, 01:00 PM
It said no outdoor gatherings bigger than 20 people. If that includes sports then there will be no football in Mississippi if it's still in effect. That's why I've been saying all along that the SEC and the MHSAA can plan all they want to, they won't make the final call.

That's nothing new. And that has been ignored by many including Snowden Grove baseball, Cotton States baseball in New Albany and M-Trade park Oxford baseball.

Homedawg
07-26-2020, 02:07 PM
You can't avoid Covid. You can take measures to prevent health care systems from being overwhelmed. College athletes and youth athletes do not overwhelm hospitals. Why is this hard to understand?

We have to live our lives. Seniors 65 and older need to stay at home. People need to wear masks indoors. And people need to wash their hands. Life needs to continue on. Why is this so hard?

Preaching to the choir.... I didn't say what I want or think should happen. Just what I think will happen...

HoopsDawg
07-26-2020, 02:15 PM
Preaching to the choir.... I didn't say what I want or think should happen. Just what I think will happen...

Yes. My comments are directed at the sentiment not at you specifically.

Joebob
07-26-2020, 04:28 PM

I don't really disagree with anything you said, but just remember that if people 60 and up stay home (which they are, nationwide), then you have a disastrous economy because that group has the most disposable income. This makes it all the more important for people to continue wearing masks, as it hopefully will keep the infection rate low enough that the elderly will feel safe enough to not have to stay home all the time.

Todd4State
07-26-2020, 05:21 PM
I don't really disagree with anything you said, but just remember that if people 60 and up stay home (which they are, nationwide), then you have a disastrous economy because that group has the most disposable income. This makes it all the more important for people to continue wearing masks, as it hopefully will keep the infection rate low enough that the elderly will feel safe enough to not have to stay home all the time.

Not a reason to not play football.

Cowbell
07-26-2020, 07:41 PM

It amazes me how many people don't pay attention to the detail of what you say...
So as of today, what's your prediction on schedule. As of today...

Memphisbulldog
07-26-2020, 09:24 PM
New Mexico

Is this for sure? I know the governor said he preferred no football but as far as I know there has been no decision.

FISHDAWG
07-27-2020, 07:33 AM
Another thread infected by the virus ... I was enjoying the discussion. I guess that's the new norm that we all have to expect

StateDawg44
07-27-2020, 08:55 AM
Another thread infected by the virus ... I was enjoying the discussion. I guess that's the new norm that we all have to expect

When the virus is the cause of all the shakeup how has it hijacked a thread?

The thread is a discussion about how college football is responding to the virus. What do you expect?

FISHDAWG
07-27-2020, 10:07 AM
When the virus is the cause of all the shakeup how has it hijacked a thread?

The thread is a discussion about how college football is responding to the virus. What do you expect?

yeah I guess you're right ... I was just focused on games, and match-ups ... I'm a little ADD sometimes

gravedigger
07-27-2020, 10:22 AM
prefers a 10+1 schedule meaning 10 conference games plus one game with a SEC team.

I think I would be good with that if the SEC did that. It would be obvious for us to keep NC State as our ACC team. It preserves several rivalry games like Georgia/GT, Florida/FSU, Clemson/South Carolina, and UK/Louisville. There have been rumors about Notre Dame playing Alabama as well.

I also hope it happens because I want the SEC rotation to end by 2023 vs. 2025.

I'm 100% sure LT will make us play Tennessee and Florida on the road though rather than Georgia at home and Vanderbilt on the road.

I have a source that says ACC is going to conference only and adding Notre Dame in their conference for this season. Whatever they announce, it should be this week.