PDA

View Full Version : Stay Calm and HAIL STATE

Vancleave
11-05-2013, 12:22 PM
Greetings, I am new to this board and glad to be here. I have Lurked for awhile and have to admit I am a bit disappointed about how many of my Bulldog brethern are in total meltdown mode. I know this year has been a bummer so far but like many things in life things are rarely as good or as bad as they seem. First thing we have to do as a fanbase is quit calling for the head of CDM and stop with the Hudspeth talk. This is ridiculous and is very hurtfull to the recruiting process. Its OK to question calls and personel moves but remember this, CDM in my opinion has earned our trust and should be given the benifit of the doubt. Lets be solid and show no divisions between us. Lets stand as one and pull in the same direction. Dan Mullen is our Coach and we should be rallying around him and the team. We have 3 brutal games left that will be tough. Lets not make it any tougher by calling for the coaches head or throwing him under the bus due to what you may think is a bad call. I swear this turns kids off when they hear it. We are staring a 1-3 finish right in the face. If we keep positive and coalesce around this team we could come out of it 2-2 or 3-1! We do not lose out! Write it down.

CJDAWG85
11-05-2013, 12:31 PM
I like this. Couldn't agree more.

EngineerDawg
11-05-2013, 12:38 PM
I don't think supporting our team is the issue here. I believe most support the team but don't support the direction in which it is going?

MrKotter
11-05-2013, 12:46 PM
I don't think supporting our team is the issue here. I believe most support the team but don't support the direction in which it is going?

^^this^^

Vancleave
11-05-2013, 12:46 PM
This is a matter of perception. Peaks and valleys. We are like most teams and not like Alabama. There is going to be years that we are going to be in the valley, its the process. We will be fine. The schedule and the talent is lining up for a great 2014. Just have to wait it out and be supportive.

LiterallyPolice
11-05-2013, 01:08 PM

Which is fine. And all you have to do is say as much. But when people take every opportunity to bash the coaches and administration as completely incompetent, it is wrong for two reasons:

1.) It's detrimental to the team and the program
2.) It is intellectually dishonest to portray everything as nothing but terrible

I understand that certain people want to see some changes, but there are right and wrong ways to get that change. Find a way to make your point without constant bashing of everything MSU. If you can't... then don't worry about it - your 1,500 repetitive posts over the past month have sufficiently conveyed your stance on the issue.

(I of course mean "you" as the general "you", not "you" as in EngineerDawg).

Jack Lambert
11-05-2013, 01:52 PM
Which is fine. And all you have to do is say as much. But when people take every opportunity to bash the coaches and administration as completely incompetent, it is wrong for two reasons:

2.) It is intellectually dishonest to portray everything as nothing but terrible

I understand that certain people want to see some changes, but there are right and wrong ways to get that change. Find a way to make your point without constant bashing of everything MSU. If you can't... then don't worry about it - your 1,500 repetitive posts over the past month have sufficiently conveyed your stance on the issue.

Plus how many players are reading this stuff. It's has to be a bummer for them.

EngineerDawg
11-05-2013, 02:11 PM

no offense taken. I agree.

It_Could_Happen
11-05-2013, 03:56 PM
Greetings, I am new to this board and glad to be here. I have Lurked for awhile and have to admit I am a bit disappointed about how many of my Bulldog brethern are in total meltdown mode. I know this year has been a bummer so far but like many things in life things are rarely as good or as bad as they seem. First thing we have to do as a fanbase is quit calling for the head of CDM and stop with the Hudspeth talk. This is ridiculous and is very hurtfull to the recruiting process. Its OK to question calls and personel moves but remember this, CDM in my opinion has earned our trust and should be given the benifit of the doubt. Lets be solid and show no divisions between us. Lets stand as one and pull in the same direction. Dan Mullen is our Coach and we should be rallying around him and the team. We have 3 brutal games left that will be tough. Lets not make it any tougher by calling for the coaches head or throwing him under the bus due to what you may think is a bad call. I swear this turns kids off when they hear it. We are staring a 1-3 finish right in the face. If we keep positive and coalesce around this team we could come out of it 2-2 or 3-1! We do not lose out! Write it down.

Great post. Everyone needs to rally around this team. In the midst of the "coaching" conversation I think many people have forgotten we are only two games away from a bowl with 3 winnable games left on the schedule.