PDA

View Full Version : You guys need to give up this hope of beating Texas A&M....

Goat Holder
11-05-2013, 12:13 PM
If Manziel is on the field Saturday, they'll beat us by 3 TDs. Again I'm not a Mullen hater but we aren't at the level to go in there and beat them. There are several threads about this so I just figured I'd post it once. Shit ain't happening.

I still think we beat Arkansas and Ole Miss though.

CJDAWG85
11-05-2013, 12:15 PM
Not disagreeing with you, but I thought A&M would beat Auburn by 3 TD's too.

Vancleave
11-05-2013, 12:33 PM
Geezus, you fellas are all doom and gloom. We CAN compete with A&M. No doubt. UTEP looked GOOD against them in the first half and they SUCK. Remember this, before you can win, you have to believe you can win. I think this is a 4 quarter game, call me stupid if you like.

MarketingBully01
11-05-2013, 12:36 PM
We shot ourselves in the foot against South Carolina. If we just avoid turnovers, we can make a game of it.

Dawgface
11-05-2013, 12:40 PM
If Manziel is on the field Saturday, they'll beat us by 3 TDs. Again I'm not a Mullen hater but we aren't at the level to go in there and beat them. There are several threads about this so I just figured I'd post it once. Shit ain't happening.

Agree except for the last sentence.

EngineerDawg
11-05-2013, 12:41 PM
If Dak plays and we RTGDF we have a chance. I think we can gash them on the ground, but history says Mullen will go into panic-pass mode as soon as we get behind. I sometimes wonder why we settle for short passes when we can gain double the yardage on the ground with Dak/Jrob?

Statecoachingblows**
11-05-2013, 12:42 PM
Geezus, you fellas are all doom and gloom. We CAN compete with A&M. No doubt. UTEP looked GOOD against them in the first half and they SUCK. Remember this, before you can win, you have to believe you can win. I think this is a 4 quarter game, call me stupid if you like.

It's the 4 quarters that seem to be the hard part this season. If we were playing only the first half might be a little easier to be more optimistic

MadDawg
11-05-2013, 12:49 PM
a username of "Statecoachingblows"?

Have I ever mentioned we have the worst fans in America?

Bothrops
11-05-2013, 12:51 PM
We DESPERATELY need to establish a passing game to set them up, if we want to hang and score a bunch of touchdowns. I'm not sure we can do that though. But unless Manziel actually breaks a limb we will come out second best, once again.

blacklistedbully
11-05-2013, 01:38 PM
And yet another supposed Dawg fan who apparently only looks at JFF and surrenders. Newsflash for you:

THEIR DEFENSE HAS TO STOP OUR OFFENSE TOO!!!

Their defense has sucked all year. OM gave them fits. An Auburn team we should have beaten did beat them. Even Arky gave them a go. Why in the hell should we just assume those teams could compete, but we can't?

I'm not saying we WILL win, but I am saying you guys who just trip all over yourselves to proclaim our impending doom versus JFF are taking such a shallow approach it's nauseating to read.

quickstrike2
11-05-2013, 01:42 PM
19.5 point line folks. Says all i need to know.

blacklistedbully
11-05-2013, 01:47 PM
19.5 point line folks. Says all i need to know.

Those lines are there to influence betting trends for the masses. The masses only see the scores of teh LSU & SCar games and assume we are completely awful. But we know those games came about for specific reasons, and that we were much. much more competitive than the scores showed.

Masses see 34-16 loss to SCar. We know we probably win that game even if it's just a -3 t/o margin. We know we have shown we are capable of competing if we just stop killing ourselves. Even Spurrier said we "outplayed & out-coached them".

Jack Lambert
11-05-2013, 01:55 PM
Those lines are there to influence betting trends for the masses. The masses only see the scores of teh LSU & SCar games and assume we are completely awful. But we know those games came about for specific reasons, and that we were much. much more competitive than the scores showed.

Masses see 34-16 loss to SCar. We know we probably win that game even if it's just a -3 t/o margin. We know we have shown we are capable of competing if we just stop killing ourselves. Even Spurrier said we "outplayed & out-coached them".

I think we have a chance to win. Stop the turn overs and maybe get a few our way we win but one thing I have noticed about Vegas they are usually some where between 3 to five points of either side of the spread.

quickstrike2
11-05-2013, 02:10 PM

I agree with your point. However, until we win one of these I'm to the point of trusting the line. Seems like after each game, we can justify why we didn't win or cover, but that just doesn't do it for me anymore.

blacklistedbully
11-05-2013, 06:22 PM
What was the line for them versus Arky, Auburn & Ole Miss?

MSU97
11-05-2013, 06:41 PM
Wasn't a&m something like -12 to -14 against auburn and only like -5 to -6 against OM? Can't remember exactly

ShotgunDawg
11-05-2013, 06:49 PM
You guys are way to extreme. Last week everyone thought we could beat SC and Tamu, but now after losing to SC because of turnovers, but beating them in every statistic, we no longer have chance to beat A&M. That doesn't make any sense.

I thought we played better Saturday against SC than we did against UK.

Not saying we don't have problems, but you guys throw out way to many absolutes and go to extremes way to often.

We haven't played well all year long, but IF we do, we can beat A&M. I as well don't have much confidence that we will play well, but you never know. You guys could never coach or be a college administrator because you are a roller coaster of emotions.

Radddawg
11-05-2013, 07:01 PM
We shot ourselves in the foot against South Carolina. If we just avoid turnovers, we can make a game of it.

MarketingBully is on the right track. If this team will just stop beating themselves we can beat Arkansas and Ole Piss and finish strong !

HancockCountyDog
11-05-2013, 08:01 PM

Do you think we are a better team than Auburn? If so, why int the world can't we beat a team that they beat?

I'm serious, why are we so sure that we suck?