PDA

View Full Version : Those that claim Hud is a great recruiter...

Red Sox Dawg
11-05-2013, 12:02 PM
who was he responsible for recruiting to State while he was here?

Thick
11-05-2013, 12:11 PM
CJ Johnson and Tobias Singleton for sure. Both were commited to us. When he left, they left.

scottycameron
11-05-2013, 12:14 PM
CJ Johnson and Tobias Singleton for sure. Both were commited to us. When he left, they left.

I thought CJ left when Manny left? I may be way off, can't remember it very well, but that's my memory of it. The years may even be wrong.

engie
11-05-2013, 12:17 PM
who was he responsible for recruiting to State while he was here?

CJ Johnson, Snoop Brassell, Tobias Singleton, Kendrick Market, Joe Price...had secondary on Jermaine Whitehead.

He had blue-chip commitments from South Panola and Madison Central when he left for ULL. He's also got Qyen Griffin, Tig Barksdale, and a few more playing for him at ULL.

Red Sox Dawg
11-05-2013, 12:19 PM
CJ Johnson, Snoop Brassell, Tobias Singleton, Kendrick Market, Joe Price...had secondary on Jermaine Whitehead.

He had blue-chip commitments from South Panola and Madison Central when he left for ULL. He's also got Qyen Griffin, Tig Barksdale, and a few more playing for him at ULL.

So only Market actually signed with us, interesting.

engie
11-05-2013, 12:26 PM
I thought CJ left when Manny left? I may be way off, can't remember it very well, but that's my memory of it. The years may even be wrong.

Technically, he did.
2:40 - 5:00

http://vimeo.com/54627224

engie
11-05-2013, 12:27 PM
So only Market actually signed with us, interesting.

Hudspeth left before NSD -- and the mass exodus of the class came directly thereafter.

engie
11-05-2013, 12:28 PM
http://djournal.com/sports/opinion-msus-hudspeth-finally-getting-his-shot-in-starkville/

Hud saying, in 2009, that he thought he could recruit the state of MS better than anyone else in existence. Also provides context to the idea that it's his dream job.

Red Sox Dawg
11-05-2013, 12:30 PM
Hudspeth left before NSD -- and the mass exodus of the class came directly thereafter.

So the defections were because Hud left or were they going to flip anyway?

LeakyD
11-05-2013, 12:39 PM
Brassell and Whitehead were never coming. CJ took the money. Does anybody really think CJ would've turned down the money if Hud and Diaz had stayed?

Todd4State
11-05-2013, 12:43 PM

Hud stays the Army All-American Game debacle doesn't happen.

Manny leaving was a convenient excuse for CJ. Ole Miss does not want Hud to come to MSU- and they don't want to have any hint at the possible impact he would have on recruiting in Mississippi. Think about it- if CJ and Manny were so close, why didn't he go to Texas?

engie
11-05-2013, 12:44 PM

How can anyone that wasn't there decisively answer that?

I just know that we didn't have a flipmas problem the first 2 years when he was still on staff, and as soon as he announced his departure, it was open season on our class -- especially the blue-chips that he had recruited for us...

Todd4State
11-05-2013, 12:47 PM
Brassell and Whitehead were never coming. CJ took the money. Does anybody really think CJ would've turned down the money if Hud and Diaz had stayed?

If the money doesn't get there in the first place, they can't take it.

engie
11-05-2013, 12:50 PM

Why didn't this happen in years 1 and 2 when he was still here?

HancockCountyDog
11-05-2013, 12:51 PM
Everyone needs to read this article and remember we are talking about ULL not LSU.

A good buddy of mine that is 100% Hud sent it to me with the title, "Still not convinced?"

The stars were out in full force in Lafayette for the Cajuns' homecoming win over New Mexico State.

Five-star Gerald Willis (Edna Karr) was there, along with older brother, Alabama defensive back Landon Collins, along with LSU four-star o-line commit Garrett Brumfield, John Curtis four-star LB Kenny Young, Donaldsonville four-star WR Stephen Sullivan, Donaldsonville three-star WR Jaquel Gant and Woodlawn-Shreveport four-star defensive tackle T.D. Moton.

"Coach Hud offered T.D. Saturday," said Courtney Walker, father of Parkway 2016 DB C.J. Morgan, who already holds an offer fro the Cajuns.

"T.D. loved it at UL. They moved up into his top five. C.J. loved it, too. They can't wait to go back. The atmosphere was great. The stadium was completely packed with UL fans - no visiting fans.

"When got there Coach (Marquase) Lovings took time out to come greet us. T.D. and C.J. talked with Coach Lovings, Coach Hud and Coach (Tim) Rebowe. It was just an awesome atmosphere. They even had a deejay in the locker room.."

Walker said his son would like to return on the 30th.

"The coaches reaffirmed that they want C.J.," his dad said. "The boys really enjoyed the pre-game talk with Coach Hud.

"The fans were really into it, too. New Mexico State jumped on UL early but that made it even better when the Cajuns came back to win."

LeakyD
11-05-2013, 12:53 PM
I was in Jacksonville watching the beatdown of Michigan thinking how much it would help recruiting. Mullen was chest bumping players. You think winning will translate to recruiting. Mullen pissed off OM and they went all in. There was nothing we could do outside of matching their cash. Don't forget that the 2010 Egg Bowl is when Dan said we would never lose to them again. They say we're obsessed, but I know several Rebs that hate him with a passion.

engie
11-05-2013, 12:55 PM
Everyone needs to read this article and remember we are talking about ULL not LSU.

A good buddy of mine that is 100% Hud sent it to me with the title, "Still not convinced?"

Wow.

Thanks for sharing...

engie
11-05-2013, 01:00 PM
I was in Jacksonville watching the beatdown of Michigan thinking how much it would help recruiting. Mullen was chest bumping players. You think winning will translate to recruiting. Mullen pissed off OM and they went all in. There was nothing we could do outside of matching their cash. Don't forget that the 2010 Egg Bowl is when Dan said we would never lose to them again. They say we're obsessed, but I know several Rebs that hate him with a passion.

You think Freeze is letting kids get bought out from under him?

Who, then, is it an indictment of -- that it's happening constantly under Mullen's watch?

It never happened under Hudspeth's watch...

Todd4State
11-05-2013, 01:01 PM

I'll tell you what is interesting about that article- it was on scout and was on the front page of Genespage.

HancockCountyDog
11-05-2013, 01:02 PM
Wow.

Thanks for sharing...

What he is doing at ULL is trying to make them LA's players second option. I can't imagine he will be able to do that, but then again - looking at the list of visitors coming to his school, who the hell knows.

engie
11-05-2013, 01:10 PM
What he is doing at ULL is trying to make them LA's players second option. I can't imagine he will be able to do that, but then again - looking at the list of visitors coming to his school, who the hell knows.

Exactly. If he can accomplish that down there, he can build a Boise-ish midmajor dynasty. Of course, I'm hoping that he/David Saunders are back at State long before it has a chance to come fully to fruition...

Dawgfan77
11-05-2013, 01:16 PM
Exactly. If he can accomplish that down there, he can build a Boise-ish midmajor dynasty. Of course, I'm hoping that he/David Saunders are back at State long before it has a chance to come fully to fruition...
My wish Saunders to compliance for football and move bracky to non revenue sports compliance.

CadaverDawg
11-05-2013, 01:18 PM

Good gracious. That is impressive as hell at a school like ULL. Thanks for this.

hacker
11-05-2013, 01:38 PM

MY GOD. SHEER MY WOOL. I am no longer inching towards Hud-land, I am sprinting that way.

hacker
11-05-2013, 01:47 PM
MY GOD. SHEER MY WOOL. I am no longer inching towards Hud-land, I am sprinting that way.

OK, I think I have arrived. HAIL HUDSPETH.

CadaverDawg
11-05-2013, 01:57 PM
OK, I think I have arrived. HAIL HUDSPETH.

http://cdn.chud.com/a/a5/900x900px-LL-a514bf4b_clapping.gif

Welcome

HancockCountyDog
11-05-2013, 02:00 PM
Also per twitter, the bears just picked up a 4 star CB commit who picked Ole Miss over FSU. Guys, they aren't going to slow down, we are bringing a knife to a gun fight these days.

Hud may not bring in a star studded class at ULL - he isn't supposed to, but he is laying the ground work for players in the 2015 and 2016 classes to play at ULL and not Arkansas, the bears, MSU, Nebraska, South Florida, or Arizona State. that is how you build a program.

Behrdawg
11-05-2013, 02:10 PM
Technically, he did.
2:40 - 5:00

http://vimeo.com/54627224

**** him- CJ can go to hell. He spoke of the "pact" that many of you may have heard about. When that pact was made, along came the white girls that swallow.

Also, I see where the reverend allows all that "soiled music" (he has called it before) in his locker room.

**** all of those SOBs.

engie
11-05-2013, 02:26 PM
Also per twitter, the bears just picked up a 4 star CB commit who picked Ole Miss over FSU. Guys, they aren't going to slow down, we are bringing a knife to a gun fight these days.

Hud may not bring in a star studded class at ULL - he isn't supposed to, but he is laying the ground work for players in the 2015 and 2016 classes to play at ULL and not Arkansas, the bears, MSU, Nebraska, South Florida, or Arizona State. that is how you build a program.

Exactly.

Another OOS 4* to Ole Miss. Remain calm, all is well.

http://my.jetscreenshot.com/12222/m_20131105-nnn6-72kb.jpg (http://my.jetscreenshot.com/12222/20131105-nnn6-72kb)

maroonmania
11-05-2013, 02:37 PM
Exactly.

Another OOS 4* to Ole Miss. Remain calm, all is well.

http://my.jetscreenshot.com/12222/m_20131105-nnn6-72kb.jpg (http://my.jetscreenshot.com/12222/20131105-nnn6-72kb)

Yes, I remain unphased by the OM recruiting machine. I have been assured by senior members of this fine posting establishment that they will be brought to their knees by the NCAA hand of justice.