PDA

View Full Version : Walking the dog at our local community college whilst the ACT was being given y'day

Indndawg
07-19-2020, 01:19 PM
Caveat: the place has been a virtual ghost college since 2nd week in March. Even a couple of Gatorade 10 gallon dispensers were left the softball dugout. Which shows that the order to clear campus was immediate.

Noticed the h/s students from the area,nonchalantly walking about no masks, no distancing, hugging during breaks, just acting like 16 and 17 y/o's. The college had the kids in the library and cafeteria w/no more than 10-15 in each place. The proctors and administrators were fully masked and in protective mode. The kids couldn't give less than 2 shits what anyone was doing.

During bathroom breaks, there were like inches apart in groups of 6 or 7 waiting to go to the bathroom.

Point is, kids are programmed to act like kids. I doubt all the hysteria and information adults try to feed them is going to really work, maybe a little first week or 2 of school.

Bathroom: the kids had to wait outside of the library to go to the bathroom while on break. Only one allowed in the b'room per gender. Thats why there were a bunch of kids within 2 inches of the other outside. Sometimes our man-made rules for fighting the Covids doesn't really work

The Federalist Engineer
07-19-2020, 01:51 PM
YOLO

But to defend the kid perspective- I don?t personally know anybody that has OR has had COVID. I was everywhere from China to Amsterdam to America before March. We even had a team in Italy and lots of engineers in Hong Kong. Talking about a pool of 5,000 professionals. If I were a kid, my sense of alarm would not be great.

In China, the company has 20K hourly employees. Not one sick and not one death. In Mexico, 25K employees. No actual positive result and no deaths. In the USA only one site near Chicago has real positives. It was a pool of young temps. Chicago is gonna be closed down soon, will be Arkansas, Cambodia, and Thailand by FY21. Chicago is not a good place to do business.

Dawgology
07-19-2020, 01:52 PM
I can believe it. I know it’s TMZ but:

https://www.tmz.com/2020/07/19/downtown-nashville-lower-broadway-no-masks-packed-social-distancing-covid-19/

MrKotter
07-19-2020, 02:47 PM
Read up on how covid positives are counted and what the test is actually looking for and then let me know if you still believe it's out of control. All the info is available directly on CDC.gov.

99.96% covid-19 survival rate
98.98% flu survival rate

Leeshouldveflanked
07-19-2020, 03:44 PM
Hope none of them had the stomach virus... that would be deadlier than the Covid at that age.

DownwardDawg
07-19-2020, 04:16 PM
The kids aren’t the only group of people not wearing masks. I’ve posted this before but most places I visit in Covington county, there are few of any people wearing masks. What’s more, I watch them get into their cars and drive away with zero attempt at hand sanitation.

R2Dawg
07-19-2020, 04:26 PM
Hope none of them had the stomach virus... that would be deadlier than the Covid at that age.

True as of last week, Covid had killed 30 young people under 25 while the last flu season killed 166 in the same age group.

Leeshouldveflanked
07-19-2020, 04:52 PM
Norovirus-Stomach Flu kills 200,000 worldwide every year. Luckily fewer than 1000 of those deaths occur in the US...

Lord McBuckethead
07-19-2020, 05:01 PM
YOLO

But to defend the kid perspective- I don?t personally know anybody that has OR has had COVID. I was everywhere from China to Amsterdam to America before March. We even had a team in Italy and lots of engineers in Hong Kong. Talking about a pool of 5,000 professionals. If I were a kid, my sense of alarm would not be great.

In China, the company has 20K hourly employees. Not one sick and not one death. In Mexico, 25K employees. No actual positive result and no deaths. In the USA only one site near Chicago has real positives. It was a pool of young temps. Chicago is gonna be closed down soon, will be Arkansas, Cambodia, and Thailand by FY21. Chicago is not a good place to do business.

I know 13 people that have had it in starkville. And i dont know 25k people.

DownwardDawg
07-19-2020, 05:44 PM
I know 13 people that have had it in starkville. And i dont know 25k people.

30 people on 1 platform owned by the company I work for had it. Several major oil companies have already had to shut in production on one or more of their facilities until they could get it under control.

Homedawg
07-19-2020, 07:45 PM
Caveat: the place has been a virtual ghost college since 2nd week in March. Even a couple of Gatorade 10 gallon dispensers were left the softball dugout. Which shows that the order to clear campus was immediate.

Noticed the h/s students from the area,nonchalantly walking about no masks, no distancing, hugging during breaks, just acting like 16 and 17 y/o's. The college had the kids in the library and cafeteria w/no more than 10-15 in each place. The proctors and administrators were fully masked and in protective mode. The kids couldn't give less than 2 shits what anyone was doing.

During bathroom breaks, there were like inches apart in groups of 6 or 7 waiting to go to the bathroom.

Point is, kids are programmed to act like kids. I doubt all the hysteria and information adults try to feed them is going to really work, maybe a little first week or 2 of school.

So you took your dog inside during the "bathroom breaks"??

Tbonewannabe
07-19-2020, 08:13 PM
YOLO

My wife had 20 employees on one floor and one guy got sick. 4 others got sick from him with 2 people now in the hospital on ventilators. One is a 25 year old girl in great shape.

Leeshouldveflanked
07-19-2020, 08:24 PM
The company I work for has over 20K Employees worldwide and only has had 2 employees test positive, both in US... one was my boss but he had no symptoms ... but my dads 90 year old first cousin had it on his COD, one of my Frat Bros who?s a state Rep has it and is sick but getter better.... the remaining 10 or that have tested positive in my community have had little to no symptoms...

The Federalist Engineer
07-19-2020, 09:19 PM
30 people on 1 platform owned by the company I work for had it. Several major oil companies have already had to shut in production on one or more of their facilities until they could get it under control.

We don’t have folks on platforms. People go home at night, sites range in staff size, some in rural America, some in Million-Plus cities, and HQ is a large wooded campus. Hopefully all your folks recover fully.

Back to kids taking SATs - probably most kids dont know any victims.

Hot Rock
07-20-2020, 09:51 AM
Companies don't tell, just because you don't know about it don't mean it didn't happen. my company is worldwide as well, I happen to know four that had in my plant but you think the company has any kind of info out there about it? Nope.

My stepson, his wife and their youngest son has it right now. Hopefully, they will be fine but my cousin died from it and his sister spent a month in the hospital and has tons of bills.

Common man, this ain't no hoax. Plus, in China, they lied like crazy and when they shut it down, your ass did what your were told. Kids take their cues from their parents and guess what, when it does hit someone your know, you just might change your tune too.

SheltonChoked
07-20-2020, 10:03 AM
YOLO

My office of 40 in Houston has had 4 cases. Our main office in Europe had 2 deaths.

I know of at least 20 others here that had it. (of the 20, 5 were HS kids that brought it home to their parents)

I know several in MS/AL that were in ICU with it.

Liverpooldawg
07-20-2020, 10:04 AM
I know quite a few who have had it, several died. There are members of my family in isolation right now pending a test.

Political Hack
07-20-2020, 10:33 AM
Read up on how covid positives are counted and what the test is actually looking for and then let me know if you still believe it's out of control. All the info is available directly on CDC.gov.

99.96% covid-19 survival rate
98.98% flu survival rate

Useless info. Deaths are useless info. Positives are useless info.

Hospital capacity. That's it. But right now Drs and hospitals are filling up with elective surgeries that have been postponed for months. I get they have to make money, but we need to keep open beds to be able to handle surges. As long as that's happening, you can remain open. All the other BS being thrown around to "support a side" is stupid and counterproductive. WE ALL HAVE THE SAME GOAL: stay open and stay alive. If we keep Hospital capacity under control, we can effectively treat it and manage the pandemic. If we don't, we can't. It's that freaking simple and somehow everyone still gets caught up in politicking with the numbers.

Liverpooldawg
07-20-2020, 10:56 AM
Useless info. Deaths are useless info. Positives are useless info.

Hospital capacity. That's it. But right now Drs and hospitals are filling up with elective surgeries that have been postponed for months. I get they have to make money, but we need to keep open beds to be able to handle surges. As long as that's happening, you can remain open. All the other BS being thrown around to "support a side" is stupid and counterproductive. WE ALL HAVE THE SAME GOAL: stay open and stay alive. If we keep Hospital capacity under control, we can effectively treat it and manage the pandemic. If we don't, we can't. It's that freaking simple and somehow everyone still gets caught up in politicking with the numbers.

The case numbers provide you a warning. Dobbs said over the weekend that for every day you see 1000 new cases in Mississippi that means you will see about 170 of them in the hospital over the next couple of weeks. We can't sustain that level long.

Political Hack
07-20-2020, 04:09 PM
The case numbers provide you a warning. Dobbs said over the weekend that for every day you see 1000 new cases in Mississippi that means you will see about 170 of them in the hospital over the next couple of weeks. We can't sustain that level long.

Absolutely. For those managing this. For the public, hospital capacity is what needs to be on the bottom line ticker IMO. If people see "78% capacity" and they know we shut down at 85%, they'll start social distancing and wearing masks. We need a common goal. And that's never been communicated to the America public.

Dawgology
07-21-2020, 10:13 PM
So you took your dog inside during the "bathroom breaks"??

Yolo!!

Cooterpoot
07-21-2020, 11:12 PM

It's not them, but the older people they give it to that's the problem. I'm seeing kids in quarantine going out like it's nothing. And their worthless parents let them. When school starts, it's going to get crazier.

Dawgology
07-22-2020, 07:46 AM
It's not them, but the older people they give it to that's the problem. I'm seeing kids in quarantine going out like it's nothing. And their worthless parents let them. When school starts, it's going to get crazier.

When school starts there are going to be a lot of kids who bring it home to their mom, dad, and grandparents. There will be children who lose a parent or grandparent because of it.

If only it were avoidable....

MrKotter
07-22-2020, 08:01 AM
When school starts there are going to be a lot of kids who bring it home to their mom, dad, and grandparents. There will be children who lose a parent or grandparent because of it.

If only it were avoidable....
The European countries that reopened in April and May have yet to see any spikes or problems from getting kids back in school. Again, zero reason for kids not to be in school and everybody back to work.

Y'all are getting good at this fear mongering thing and blindly ignoring all facts.

Political Hack
07-22-2020, 08:07 AM
The European countries that reopened in April and May have yet to see any spikes or problems from getting kids back in school. Again, zero reason for kids not to be in school and everybody back to work.

Y'all are getting good at this fear mongering thing and blindly ignoring all facts.

Because they're not too cool or too manly to wear a mask.

MrKotter
07-22-2020, 08:28 AM
Because they're not too cool or too manly to wear a mask.

Every public place I've been in the past 3 weeks to a month everybody has been masked up. Y'all need a new battle cry. People seem to be masking up quite well

SheltonChoked
07-22-2020, 08:34 AM

You seem to be good at ignoring the facts that we are seeing spikes in hospitalizations, and ICU's are at capacity.

And that's before we put the part of our population that has issues with LICE in groups together....

But sure, I'm sure LICE are more deadly to the caregivers of that population....

Dawgology
07-22-2020, 09:09 AM

I hope this is correct. I’m not fear mongering I’m just trying to be cautious and realistic. It’s really ok to take a middle ground on this issue. I would love nothing more than my children to be able to back to school safely and not endanger themselves or our family.

Cooterpoot
07-22-2020, 11:14 AM

Considering this virus is spread primarily in the home by relatives already, it's going to happen. Plus, we've got flu season staring us in the face as well. With hospitals already filling up, it's going to be bad.

Tbonewannabe
07-22-2020, 11:50 AM
Every public place I've been in the past 3 weeks to a month everybody has been masked up. Y'all need a new battle cry. People seem to be masking up quite well

Just curious, where do you live? I live north of Atlanta and I don't see more than 50% wearing masks even in grocery stores. Costco is the only place and they are refusing people who aren't wearing masks.

FISHDAWG
07-22-2020, 12:59 PM
Just curious, where do you live? I live north of Atlanta and I don't see more than 50% wearing masks even in grocery stores. Costco is the only place and they are refusing people who aren't wearing masks.

Hey T-bone ... I live over in Kennesaw and you know how bad it was in Cobb co .... I see way South of 50% wearing mask here where they said was so bad but as of today most of the major retailers are all requiring mask so I think that number might go up

Tbonewannabe
07-22-2020, 05:19 PM
Hey T-bone ... I live over in Kennesaw and you know how bad it was in Cobb co .... I see way South of 50% wearing mask here where they said was so bad but as of today most of the major retailers are all requiring mask so I think that number might go up

I live in Woodstock and out in town it is definitely below 50% here.

RocketDawg
07-22-2020, 06:08 PM

People in Huntsville are following the masking order really well, at least in the places that I go to.

DownwardDawg
07-22-2020, 06:33 PM
People in Huntsville are following the masking order really well, at least in the places that I go to.

Go to bridge street Friday night around 5:30 or so. My son will be performing outside of the restaurants.

DownwardDawg
07-22-2020, 06:38 PM

It ain’t happening in south central Mississippi. Way less than 40% wearing masks. Except where they are required. Then they pull them down below their noses and sometimes mouth too.

RocketDawg
07-22-2020, 07:43 PM
Go to bridge street Friday night around 5:30 or so. My son will be performing outside of the restaurants.

Is he a musician?

Commercecomet24
07-22-2020, 09:02 PM
Is he a musician?

He's really good. I've listened to his stuff on YouTube and Facebook. Good stuff!

Commercecomet24
07-22-2020, 09:04 PM

I was there 2 weeks ago and I concur. I was all over East Tennessee last week and they were masked up well too.

Tbonewannabe
07-23-2020, 10:25 AM

My sister in law lives in Huntsville and she said they are taking it pretty serious. She works at UAH and they have to wear a mask if they are anywhere that another person is in the room. They are only allowed to not have it on if they are in their own office alone.

DownwardDawg
07-23-2020, 12:31 PM
Is he a musician?

Yes. Singer/ songwriter. Can’t perform many places these days so he plays where and when he can. Been going to Huntsville regularly and Commodore Grille in Nashville.

DownwardDawg
07-23-2020, 12:33 PM
He's really good. I've listened to his stuff on YouTube and Facebook. Good stuff!

Thanks man!! Thanks for the support. He’s wrote another song this week that he’ll debut in Nashville next week and he’s working on two more.